Reply Community Lounge
Bronys?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PendragonX9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:02 pm
Are there any here? Also I'm wondering if others have OCs and if so what they are. I need some help on mine. Thanks!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:51 pm
I never thought this day would come. D:

I keed.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593993  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:54 am
If you mean "brony" as in fan of the fandom who's just in it because it's popular/doesn't even watch the show, then no.
If you mean "brony" as in someone who does watch the show, but is insufferable about, then also no.
If you mean someone who does watch the show but refuses to associate with that term because of the way it has shifted from its original use, then maybe.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:33 am
Jaft: What is this, I don't even?

I like MLP, but I'm a casual watcher. Like, I'll watch it if I happen to find it on or my friends are watching it. But I look for Doctor Who way more than I look for MLP... It's still cute, though.  

Lobo-chan

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:45 pm
While I don't dislike MLP, I don't really understand the fascination it holds for other guys my age. I tried watching it just to see what all the fuss was about, and I just...don't get it. I think it's kind of cool that it appeals to such a broad audience, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:31 am
it is a show for children.  

krowzer

Golden Gaian

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:21 am
krowzer

And so are Batman: the Animated Series, the Adventures of Tintin, and Wakfu. Doesn't mean people aren't going to watch them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:30 pm
Erverain
krowzer

And so are Batman: the Animated Series, the Adventures of Tintin, and Wakfu. Doesn't mean people aren't going to watch them.

there enlies the dilemma  

krowzer

Golden Gaian

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:15 pm
krowzer
Erverain
krowzer

there enlies the dilemma

User ImageBecause falling's not the problem
When I'm falling I'm in peace

*therein lies, firstly.

Secondly, pretty much all cartoons forever, even though mainly targeted at children, have some things for parents/older kids/adults in general in them.
MLP: FiM just happens to be the one that has the most vocal older fan base.
It's mostly unusual because kid's programming has been so dumbed down adults can't stand to watch it, unless it's one based on a franchise from their own childhood.
So I don't see how watching a show targeted outside your demographic is a dilemma?

I like MLP:FiM, at could probably have be considered a brony at one point, but I stopped watching the show not that far into season 2, mostly because I was busy with other things. Also the fact that I didn't get The Hub, where the show was airing, or many other channels, actually. I might go back and see if I can find any of the season 2 episodes somewhere (I think they're all on Netflix, actually. In the US atleast).

It's only when I hit the ground
It causes all the grief
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:19 pm
YunieCookie
krowzer
Erverain
krowzer

there enlies the dilemma

*therein lies, firstly.

Secondly, pretty much all cartoons forever, even though mainly targeted at children, have some things for parents/older kids/adults in general in them.
MLP: FiM just happens to be the one that has the most vocal older fan base.
It's mostly unusual because kid's programming has been so dumbed down adults can't stand to watch it, unless it's one based on a franchise from their own childhood.
So I don't see how watching a show targeted outside your demographic is a dilemma?

I like MLP:FiM, at could probably have be considered a brony at one point, but I stopped watching the show not that far into season 2, mostly because I was busy with other things. Also the fact that I didn't get The Hub, where the show was airing, or many other channels, actually. I might go back and see if I can find any of the season 2 episodes somewhere (I think they're all on Netflix, actually. In the US atleast).

It causes all the grief
User Image

...did it make you feel fuzzy inside or no?  

krowzer

Golden Gaian

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:25 pm
krowzer

..Did what?
The show?
...I enjoyed watching it, but I wouldn't say it made me feel fuzzy inside. /:
I was (and consider myself to still be, even though I haven't kept up with it) a fan of the show. But not to the extent that most "bronies" are.

It causes all the grief
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:27 pm
YunieCookie
krowzer

..Did what?
The show?
...I enjoyed watching it, but I wouldn't say it made me feel fuzzy inside. /:
I was (and consider myself to still be, even though I haven't kept up with it) a fan of the show. But not to the extent that most "bronies" are.

It causes all the grief
User Image
yes im not sure if ill ever understand it  

krowzer

Golden Gaian

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:53 pm
Casual bronies rock *high-fives Yunie*
Like, I call myself a brony because I like the show but I'm not super super into it or anything... I just find the term amusing and then I can "brohoof" with some of my friends who like it as well. Because it's fun/funny to do so.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:28 pm
I like to watch the show and I find it amusing but it's not really anything "special". I like to watch it with a bowl of popcorn on lazy days.  

juke joint jezebelle

Fluffy Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
Community Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items