Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Pray for the World

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:34 pm
I've noticed how sad things have been seeming in the news. It's okay according to the majority of society to be pro-gay and speak for gay rights, but when someone is anti-gay - people are up protesting it so it's "wrong" according to society. A kid wore an anti-gay Jesus shirt to school and it was deemed offensive, but a kid wore a pro-gay Jesus shirt to school and it was considered "okay". The US has not banned the bill that would protect unborn babies from being killed because of their gender. A school recently told a 3rd grader that they can't invite their friends at school to church related event. This world seems to be getting more and more against Christians every day as well. Freedom of religion is diminishing at an astounding rate.

I hope that you will all pray with me for this world and that we will be able to answer our callings and help as many souls as we possibly can. As much as we're hated by other - we must push on. So, pray for the unsaved and the saved, pray that the false prophets will turn it all around and truly believe in God, pray that this world will start making better choices and that the good already in it will flourish and reach those who need it, and most definitely pray for the missionaries in other countries who risk their lives every single day just to get the word across to others!

The end will happen and I feel it will happen soon - even though I don't know when "soon" is. It could be in 10 minutes, in 5 hours, in one day, in a week, in a month, in a year, or even decades - centuries - or a millennium or two later. Things will get worse and get so bad in ways we can't wrap our human minds around. Prayer probably won't be able to stop the end of the world from happening, but we can still continue to pray for the souls of others and do God's work to help save who we can. If we can talk to thousands of people and help to save one soul - that's success. Souls are valuable and each person only has one - after we die - that soul has a place and I want that place for others to be Heaven.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:43 pm
I agree that the prophecy of the Revelation can't be avoided. Besides, we're already witnessing some signs of the end of time like war and natural disasters. Aside from that the world is indeed getting worse with people acting violent. Like this: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/victim-miami-zombie-attack-graduated-manhattan-stuyvesant-high-school-article-1.1086770

Anyway like you said we must do all we can to save some souls 3nodding  

ll-0RACL3_kun-ll

Hunter

5,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:37 pm
ll-0RACL3_kun-ll
I agree that the prophecy of the Revelation can't be avoided. Besides, we're already witnessing some signs of the end of time like war and natural disasters. Aside from that the world is indeed getting worse with people acting violent. Like this: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/victim-miami-zombie-attack-graduated-manhattan-stuyvesant-high-school-article-1.1086770

Yes, we can still pray for the world every day. However, the news article about the student being a zombie doesn't have anything to do with the end times. The same thing happened in California about a year or so ago. Both were declared the result of drugs.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:06 pm
Aquatic_blue
ll-0RACL3_kun-ll

Yes, we can still pray for the world every day. However, the news article about the student being a zombie doesn't have anything to do with the end times. The same thing happened in California about a year or so ago. Both were declared the result of drugs.

No I meant it was an example of the world getting more violent xd  

ll-0RACL3_kun-ll

Hunter

5,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:24 am
Aquatic_blue
I've noticed how sad things have been seeming in the news. It's okay according to the majority of society to be pro-gay and speak for gay rights, but when someone is anti-gay - people are up protesting it so it's "wrong" according to society. A kid wore an anti-gay Jesus shirt to school and it was deemed offensive, but a kid wore a pro-gay Jesus shirt to school and it was considered "okay". The US has not banned the bill that would protect unborn babies from being killed because of their gender. A school recently told a 3rd grader that they can't invite their friends at school to church related event. This world seems to be getting more and more against Christians every day as well. Freedom of religion is diminishing at an astounding rate.

I hope that you will all pray with me for this world and that we will be able to answer our callings and help as many souls as we possibly can. As much as we're hated by other - we must push on. So, pray for the unsaved and the saved, pray that the false prophets will turn it all around and truly believe in God, pray that this world will start making better choices and that the good already in it will flourish and reach those who need it, and most definitely pray for the missionaries in other countries who risk their lives every single day just to get the word across to others!

The end will happen and I feel it will happen soon - even though I don't know when "soon" is. It could be in 10 minutes, in 5 hours, in one day, in a week, in a month, in a year, or even decades - centuries - or a millennium or two later. Things will get worse and get so bad in ways we can't wrap our human minds around. Prayer probably won't be able to stop the end of the world from happening, but we can still continue to pray for the souls of others and do God's work to help save who we can. If we can talk to thousands of people and help to save one soul - that's success. Souls are valuable and each person only has one - after we die - that soul has a place and I want that place for others to be Heaven.

It seems to me too that it is diminishing, but regardless - we have an abundance of Hope. smile If we pray we know our prayers will be heard,
and that He who hears our prayers will know how to answer them even if we don't know what to pray for specifically.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:18 pm
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue

It seems to me too that it is diminishing, but regardless - we have an abundance of Hope. smile If we pray we know our prayers will be heard,
and that He who hears our prayers will know how to answer them even if we don't know what to pray for specifically.

Indeed 3nodding  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers