Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guys Who Like Guys! [Guys Only.]

Back to Guilds

Here at GWLG we pride ourselves in our ability to find friendly friends of the same orientation. Note: Boys only! 

Tags: Boys, Guys, Bisexual, Homosexual, Love 

Reply Chatterbox
What Do you Like to Read?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Renkon Root

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:09 pm
We all read. (Some of us more than others.) But what kinds of things do you like to read?

I'm big on sci-fi, fantasy, dystopia, classic literature and comic books.

My favorite books are...
Friday by Robert Heinlein
Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. LeGuin
The Children of Hurin by JRR Tolkien
The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

Favorite comic books...
Superman (the mid-90s re-boot, I guess that would be New Earth? The Infinity Crisis and Flashpoint totally messed with everything.)
New 52 Justice League
Amazing Spiderman (up until the "For One More Day" story arch. That killed it for me)
DC Elswords (though, I have actually read only very few of them)

Currently reading, Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:23 am
Renkon Root
We all read. (Some of us more than others.) But what kinds of things do you like to read?

I'm big on classic literature as well. I loved the books we had to read in English class as lame as that is. The Cather In the Rye being one of my favorites, the Great Gatsby was a close second. I'm also a major fan of John Grisham, A Time To Kill being my all time favorite of his.
I'm also a bit of a horror novel nerd. I loved the book/anthology 666 Number of the Beast and I also still have a large number of the Goosebumps books smile

I AM A SUPERMAN WHORE! I teeshirts, hats, graphic novels, comics, games, jewelry, even a large number of glasses shot glasses and crunk cups in my house are Superman xD  

Panyrinth

Business Regular

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200

Private Inbreastigator

Profitable Flatterer

6,475 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:11 pm
I really like Chuck Phalanuik. He is amazing. I have read and re-read Rant 40 bagillion times and it keeps getting better. I also like some classic literature and poetry. I enjoy Allen Ginsberg's work. Howl and Kaddish are 2 great poems by him.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:02 pm
iAmForte
Renkon Root

I'm big on classic literature as well. I loved the books we had to read in English class as lame as that is. The Cather In the Rye being one of my favorites, the Great Gatsby was a close second. I'm also a major fan of John Grisham, A Time To Kill being my all time favorite of his.
I'm also a bit of a horror novel nerd. I loved the book/anthology 666 Number of the Beast and I also still have a large number of the Goosebumps books smile

I AM A SUPERMAN WHORE! I teeshirts, hats, graphic novels, comics, games, jewelry, even a large number of glasses shot glasses and crunk cups in my house are Superman xD

My favorite book from school is definitely The Crucible by Arthur Miller. Okay, so its technically a play, not a book. IT WAS STILL REQUIRED READING! And I beg your indulgence when I brag that my project for it was one of the best the teacher had ever seen. /smug

I tried to like The Great Gatsby, really, I did. But that is one book that I just could not get into. I actually don't like a lot of books from the modernist movement. I prefer almost everything before and most of the post-modern and stuff that came after. But the modernist movement just never did it for me. *shrug* No accounting for taste.

So, another Superman fan, eh... I'm not big on the merchandise. I have, I think, one Superman T-shirt. I mostly just collect the comics. I've got a stack of trade-ins for the New Earth Superman (as mentioned above), but I'm also collecting the New 52s (although, I don't like him as much in them), I have the Superman Elsworlds Red Son and Dark Side and then one of my personal favorites, All Star Superman. Seriously, if you're a SUperman fan, read All Star Superman! Also, I have a couple of Batman/Superman trade-ins. They're basically the World's Finest comics of the 2000s. Some of them are good, most kinda flat-line with me.

Anyway... Are you excited bout the Man of Steel movie coming out in 2013?  

Renkon Root

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100

Renkon Root

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:06 pm
Private Inbreastigator
I really like Chuck Phalanuik. He is amazing. I have read and re-read Rant 40 bagillion times and it keeps getting better. I also like some classic literature and poetry. I enjoy Allen Ginsberg's work. Howl and Kaddish are 2 great poems by him.
I have mixed feelings about Phalanuik. I've read Survivor and Choke, and then I saw the Fight Club movie, but I never read the book. I liked Survivor. I did not like Choke. I liked the FC movie, but that doesn't really mean much since I haven't read the book. Overall, I've decided that his books are a hit or miss with me. I'll either like it or I won't, with no middle ground.

Although, I would like to comment that sometimes it feels like he tries to hard to be shocking or edgy.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:54 pm
The Magicians and the Magician King by Lev Grossman.
Fall of Giants by Ken Follet.
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden.
Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert Heinlein.
The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. LeGuin.
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova.
My Journey to Lhasa by Alexandra David-Neel.
American Gods by Neil Gaiman.
Seven Years in Tibet by Heinrich Harrer.

Aspettami

Shameless Smoker

Thirteenth_Floor

Friend

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:50 am
i read from so many categories, from the deeply philosophical and otherwise strange like Call Me By Your Name; The Left Hand of Darkness (as well as other Le Guin titles); to the otherwise mundane like Divergent, Hunger Games, Unfortunate Events, etc. and the notable read my friend published, titled The Bench Sitter

but i also managed to amass a reasonable collection of lgbt books, suck as

-Suicide Notes
-The Vast Fields of Ordinary
-The Soccer Fields are Empty (among other Mark A. Roeder titles)
-Absolute Brightness
-Sprout
-The Persian
-Lies and Consequences
-The Rainbow Trilogy
-Icarus in Flight
-various Andrew Grey novels

i have way too many books, but the sad thing is that i've read every book i own, as well as the many i've borrowed, checked out, or looked over. i need more books.........

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:42 am
sans-coeur13
i have way too many books, but the sad thing is that i've read every book i own, as well as the many i've borrowed, checked out, or looked over. i need more books........
How is that sad? I think that's really good!  

Renkon Root

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100

Thirteenth_Floor

Friend

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:01 pm
Renkon Root
sans-coeur13
i have way too many books, but the sad thing is that i've read every book i own, as well as the many i've borrowed, checked out, or looked over. i need more books........
How is that sad? I think that's really good!

haha sad because i run out of things to read so quickly! i finish books in a matter of hours and i have a horribly pet peeve when it comes to rereading books unless i REALLY like them. otherwise, i cant do it!

Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games