Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Shadow Jumper [interest check, Pathfinder or 3.5]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alzzak

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:08 pm
6th day after the jump.
Five days ago, we faced the forces of hell. 3 days ago, the we ran from dinosaurs. It is all because of the stupid ritual spell.

The cryptokines, or the jumper spell, as many of us have learned to call it. It was supposed to be a better form of transportation, but instead, we are lost and that spell is the only way home again. And no other spell or power of teleportation works, save for short distance spells.

Every time we cast it, we end up in an unknown location. I don't know, if we will ever see our loved ones again. Some day, Mara, some day, we will embrace again.... someday....

You are part of the first, to try a newly developed ritual called, Cryptokines. The mission was supposed to be simple, use this ritual travel to point b... camp out for a day, then travel back and get paid. But, something went ary and now every time you cast the spell you end up somewhere other than home

Unlike other pathfinder or 3.5 games, spell casters will not be allowed. But, Everyone can cast spells.

To do so, one must have the scroll, which aren't single use things anymore, and pass the use magic item check...  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:41 pm
Game Recruitment Form

Use that to neaten it out.

Then take a step back and rethink your game please, you're being very vague about many things. Spellcasters are banned but everyone can cast spells? What is the point in that? (List of non "spellcaster" classes: fighter, rogue, barbarian and monk.)

And as such from reading what you said there is no point doing anything other than trying to find all the melee buff spells, (Enlarge, bulls strength, mighteous right etc.) being a barbarian, raging and going to town on people.

Are you sure you wouldn't rather run this with a different system? Or at least think out this rather poor gimmick out better. (No spell casters? No decent will saves then take all the will saved based spells and you're laughing.)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Alzzak

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:07 pm
I will rework it.

As for the different system thing, I was thinking on running it on 4e, but I don't know the system all that well. Pathfinder and dnd 3e are the two I know the best  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games