Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guys Who Like Guys! [Guys Only.]

Back to Guilds

Here at GWLG we pride ourselves in our ability to find friendly friends of the same orientation. Note: Boys only! 

Tags: Boys, Guys, Bisexual, Homosexual, Love 

Reply Guys Who Like Guys! [Guys Only.]
What is Love?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luminairus

Moonlight Prophet

6,900 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:41 pm
Okay, what do ya'll think is the difference between falling in love and a crush?

How do you know when your are falling in love with another person and not just crushing on them?

(I have asked this in other places...)  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:06 am
Luminairus
Okay, what do ya'll think is the difference between falling in love and a crush?

How do you know when your are falling in love with another person and not just crushing on them?

Well, I see it like this. Getting flutters in your stomach, and feeling happy when seeing the person, without knowing the person, is a crush.

However, when you get to know the person, his/her flaws, perks, and other characteristics, and you still feel that flutter, that can be called love.

At the same time, you can feel that your stomach flutters whenever you see your partner, and still not be in love, as being in love is something you feel yourself mentally, and something you're ready for when you feel it in your mind.

ankarhagen

Luminairus

Moonlight Prophet

6,900 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:18 am
John Foxton
Luminairus

Well, I see it like this. Getting flutters in your stomach, and feeling happy when seeing the person, without knowing the person, is a crush.

However, when you get to know the person, his/her flaws, perks, and other characteristics, and you still feel that flutter, that can be called love.

At the same time, you can feel that your stomach flutters whenever you see your partner, and still not be in love, as being in love is something you feel yourself mentally, and something you're ready for when you feel it in your mind.

You make is sound like a crush is simply a physical reaction based upon their presence. Such as discomfort, "butterflies," giddiness, etc. Where as love has a more mental and detail-oriented component. Did I understand what you said correctly?  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:40 pm
Luminairus
John Foxton
Luminairus

You make is sound like a crush is simply a physical reaction based upon their presence. Such as discomfort, "butterflies," giddiness, etc. Where as love has a more mental and detail-oriented component. Did I understand what you said correctly?

That about sums it up, yes.  

ankarhagen

Cupid_Love_Muffin

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:02 pm
roman or latin( i forgot). to give. if u love someone you give them something. not money or stuff like that. happiness, respect, etc.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:18 pm
a crush, to me, is an instantaneous feeling of attraction, often brought on by either one noticeable characteristic or a culmination of a few that you notice. depending on whether or not the object of the crush has redeeming characteristics, the feeling can stand for a while or die without reciprocation

however, love, to me, develops over time, beginning with the initial infatuation. it grows as you learn more about another person and begin to gain a feeling of confidence in them, whether it is the kind of confidence that relates to secrets or the confidence that relates to optimism. to me, this is more than a crush because it is harder to break, and it doesn't always exist in romantic terms. it's a deeper level of a relationship, a feeling that exists when there is more invested and there's more at stake

Thirteenth_Floor

Friend

Broxius

Sparkly Businesswoman

7,375 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:46 am
If you are willing to protect someone, kill for them, put your own life on the line, then that is love. (maybe some psycho in the mix but watev)  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:04 am
Love is a release of serotonin in the brain.  

Renkon Root

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100

Renkon Root

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:52 pm
John Foxton
What about when someone has a crush on a person who sin't really there or doesn't really exist, like celebrity crushes or when a person has a crush on a book character? How does that fit in your theory?

There's got to be a mental aspect to crushes as well. If its all physical then people wouldn't get crushes on fictional characters.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:34 pm
Renkon Root
John Foxton
What about when someone has a crush on a person who sin't really there or doesn't really exist, like celebrity crushes or when a person has a crush on a book character? How does that fit in your theory?

There's got to be a mental aspect to crushes as well. If its all physical then people wouldn't get crushes on fictional characters.

Do note, I never stated that there's no mental aspect to crushes. There's a mental aspect to everything.

However, you summed it all up very good about MY thoughts. There's no set definition in stone of what a crush is, nor what love is. Therefore this is all based on opinions.

ankarhagen

Luminairus

Moonlight Prophet

6,900 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:01 pm
John Foxton
Renkon Root
John Foxton

Do note, I never stated that there's no mental aspect to crushes. There's a mental aspect to everything.

However, you summed it all up very good about MY thoughts. There's no set definition in stone of what a crush is, nor what love is. Therefore this is all based on opinions.

And ya'lls opinion was what I was asking for. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:03 pm
Renkon Root
Love is a release of serotonin in the brain.

Actually Love is more then that if you are looking at the brain structurally and chemically.  

Luminairus

Moonlight Prophet

6,900 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
Guys Who Like Guys! [Guys Only.]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items