Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Interest check: Pathfinder sandbox-ish game Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 pm
As the title says, I'm just checking interest in a Pathfinder game where the players will be tasked to build a kingdom from nothing in times of war and strife. Any questions, feel free to ask.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:10 pm
Would you be talking about running Kingmaker, then?

I'd be interested in playing, though I have to admit that I'm running said module IRL,..  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:40 pm
Disciple of Sakura
Would you be talking about running Kingmaker, then?

I'd be interested in playing, though I have to admit that I'm running said module IRL,..
I'll be using Kingmaker, but I won't strictly follow it. The game won't be in Golarion, but rather on my own setting. Also, I'll be doing slight modifications on the kingdom building system.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:40 pm
no idea what you two are talking about, but.... I am game.  

glitterboypilot

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:50 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
I'll be using Kingmaker, but I won't strictly follow it. The game won't be in Golarion, but rather on my own setting. Also, I'll be doing slight modifications on the kingdom building system.

The kingdom building does need a bit of tweaking, in my experience. Fitting KM into a campaign other than Golarion can be tricky - it's what I've been doing, and it's necessitated some weird overhauls, because my campaign's a very odd duck as they go. It also seems to have taken forever to get to the fourth module (almost two years, actually), but hopefully we'll wrap it up before X-Mas has passed this year...

I'd be up for playing, and would do my best to avoid OOC knowledge. I'll keep an eye out...  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:42 pm
Yeah, KM assumes you're playing in Golarion AND that your settlement magically gets people. Things will be different in my setting, though I'll definitely be using its exploration rules, which I thought were very simple and modular. However, I won't be using Hexes like the rules state, but rather the traditional squares, since I hate hexes.

@Glitterboy:
Kingmaker is a Pathfinder Adventure Path that revolves about exploring uncharted lands and building a kingdom from scratch. The rules are a bit sketchy to say the least, but they can work with some tweaking.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:34 pm
are we all building our own kingdom... or is it a group effert  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:41 pm
glitterboypilot
are we all building our own kingdom... or is it a group effert
'Tis a group effort.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:44 pm
I am interested, but will be leaving in a few days for an entire month.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:12 pm
Hm. I may be interested.  

Maelthra Ssinss

jennibert

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:34 pm
I've been enjoying DoS's above mentioned IRL game, so I do have some knowledge of KM, but I'm pretty good at ignoring OOC knowledge in game. I'm definitely interested.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:39 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Yeah, KM assumes you're playing in Golarion AND that your settlement magically gets people. Things will be different in my setting, though I'll definitely be using its exploration rules, which I thought were very simple and modular. However, I won't be using Hexes like the rules state, but rather the traditional squares, since I hate hexes.

@Glitterboy:
Kingmaker is a Pathfinder Adventure Path that revolves about exploring uncharted lands and building a kingdom from scratch. The rules are a bit sketchy to say the least, but they can work with some tweaking.

I hate hexes when it comes to actual combat, but I found that making the exploration maps with hexes made a lot of sense, since it made distance from any two edges much more consistent than squares would have. But, to each their own - I'm not the one having to reinvent all the maps wink  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:48 pm
Disciple of Sakura
Keith Valken Lionheart

@Glitterboy:

I hate hexes when it comes to actual combat, but I found that making the exploration maps with hexes made a lot of sense, since it made distance from any two edges much more consistent than squares would have. But, to each their own - I'm not the one having to reinvent all the maps wink
Nah, I won't have to reinvent anything, just use a gridmap of my setting's map :3

Problem I have with hexes is that moving up and down is OK, but moving side to side is awkward because the shape of hexes.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:03 am
So, any movement on this? I'm still interested if it's going to happen.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

thaskarin

Familiar Phantom

6,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • PvP 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:44 am
I may be interested, albeit I ran a similar game in 3.5. It would essentially work from starting with a village and the adventures and plot work towards advancing the kingdom. Usually it's best for politics to be an important aspect.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff