Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
A quick note

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:42 am
User Image

Hey everybody, I'm free and can post again!

Long story short, I dropped out of Uni a few months ago, but part of the course was collaborative (meaning I basically ******** one of my friends). Because I didn't want to be a complete jerk I still did the project with him, meaning I had almost literally no time for anything else.

But now I'm totally finished with the stressful last few weeks! The mixing for the album was finished over the weekend and the Portfolio got handed in yesterday. Free Download if you're into Post Rock. wink [/shameless plug]

So now I have a lot more free time, which means I can get back into a regular posting routine. Non the less, I apologize for being so silent the last week or two. All my games should be updated by the end of the night, and then you won't have to put up with this bullshit, constant absences anymore! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:45 am
*starts to listen*

Your project was a music album?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:54 am
Yeah, it was a degree in Popular Music Performance. Your final project could be literally anything. Some people did recordings (either as an artist or an engineer), some people set up tours (again, either as the band or the promoter), and one group even set up an open mic night at the student union.

Problem was I absolutely suck at all the scholar stuff. Research, papers, dissertation. Was all a bit much for me so I dropped out. Still, the other guy is a good friend and I couldn't let him do all that work by himself.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:09 am
Well, it definitely sucks that it came to that, but I trust that you know what's best for you better than anyone.

I liked Silence is a War Crime best, with Troy Davis coming in as a close second. The others are okay but paled vs those two.

Now, for a shameless plug of my own.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:34 am
Yeah, I really hoped it wouldn't have to go that far, but I just couldn't deal with the stress. I was getting panic attacks and everything, not to my girlfriend getting worried that I was becoming depressed. To be honest I wasn't getting this degree with aspirations to get into the music industry, so I'm not even really losing anything (except the money I now have to pay back, but money can't buy you love amirite?).

Cheers for listening and giving your opinion though, it's always appreciated. I think those 2 are the best too, mainly because our close friend who supplied the drums is a very, very talented drummer. >.< Though we were getting another friend to play bass, but he canceled last minute on us leaving it up to us.

Silence is an 8 minute song, I'm not really a bassist, and I only had a vague idea of what I was playing for it.

Did it in 1 take. cool  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:37 am
Did the bassist catch what the drummer had? I hope he/they get well soon.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:43 am
Rain Yupa

Damn British lingo that Americans don't use...

Anyway, ftfy.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am
joe-dude667
Rain Yupa

Damn British lingo that Americans don't use...

Anyway, ftfy.

Nah, I'm just screwing with you. I had known what you meant. gaia_kittenstar  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:55 pm