Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Anxiety Attacks and Depression as Well as Spiritual Warfare

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Karo Kiba

Newbie Soldier

9,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:36 pm
Last night I had a really bad anxiety attack. It was so bad that I was shaking and my heart was pounding. It was just shear terror. It really frightened me. It was as if something beyond my control was twisting my mind and taking my fears and amplifying them. I believe it might have been Satan. I've hear Satan can try to oppress and torment believers. I went back and forth between feeling peace and sheer terror. I spent the entire night shaking with fear, praying for peace, and trying to get some sleep. I also had thoughts of self harm. I told my parents and my mom wants to take me to a friend of hers who is a Christian counselor. We have several people in our church who are trained counselors, and some of them have offered to extend their services to church members. My parents were really calm and open-minded when I told them. They have always been really supportive. They have promised to get me help. But I still need your prayers. I'm afraid to go to sleep, but I'm exhausted. I'm afraid that I might have another attack.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:39 pm
Karo Kiba
Last night I had a really bad anxiety attack. It was so bad that I was shaking and my heart was pounding. It was just shear terror. It really frightened me. It was as if something beyond my control was twisting my mind and taking my fears and amplifying them. I believe it might have been Satan. I've hear Satan can try to oppress and torment believers. I went back and forth between feeling peace and sheer terror. I spent the entire night shaking with fear, praying for peace, and trying to get some sleep. I also had thoughts of self harm. I told my parents and my mom wants to take me to a friend of hers who is a Christian counselor. We have several people in our church who are trained counselors, and some of them have offered to extend their services to church members. My parents were really calm and open-minded when I told them. They have always been really supportive. They have promised to get me help. But I still need your prayers. I'm afraid to go to sleep, but I'm exhausted. I'm afraid that I might have another attack.

How often have you been feeling that way? And what was it like----possession?
I've experienced paranoia plenty of times usually when I'm home alone O_o and there was one time I felt like I was frozen with fear during my sleep and I heard many voices at once ._." I took some time for me to shake it off and that was some paralysis burning_eyes  

ll-0RACL3_kun-ll

Hunter

5,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Yasha Victoria

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:37 am
ll-0RACL3_kun-ll
Karo Kiba

How often have you been feeling that way? And what was it like----possession?
I've experienced paranoia plenty of times usually when I'm home alone O_o and there was one time I felt like I was frozen with fear during my sleep and I heard many voices at once ._." I took some time for me to shake it off and that was some paralysis burning_eyes

Oh, I know the feeling..it's like, you can't move and you hear many voices and sometimes evil laughter and you wanna scream but you can't because you're paralyzed? (sometimes to me it includes seeing things as well) eek i used to feel that way back then when i was younger but now it seems to have disappeared...that's why i was so afraid to sleep late at night because that's when it usually sets in..oooooh i don't want to experience it again...

usually, i just pray when that happens asking God for help..and hold on to a big long pillow so at least i can hold and cling to "something" when everything feels like out of control...and sometimes, i get to feel that it's really the enemy doing that, but, as i get deeper and closer with God, i noticed it disappeared..

asking for help is a good idea specially if it is being offered...i heard one of the pastors in our church say that we cannot get "possessed" because Jesus is already in our hearts..but we can get "oppressed" though...well, just know your resources..tell someone who can help you, and also ask them to pray for you and pray with you during counselling session...it'll greatly ease the burden for sure...and of course, pray before you sleep asking God to keep you from feeling that way...and uhhhh...also try to sleep early? i don't know...way back i always go to bed early because "paralysis" sets in near midnight or a little past midnight...well, i hope it works for you too..i'll pray for you...hope you get better very soon... smile  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:43 pm
Quote:
Oh, I know the feeling..it's like, you can't move and you hear many voices and sometimes evil laughter and you wanna scream but you can't because you're paralyzed? (sometimes to me it includes seeing things as well) eek i used to feel that way back then when i was younger but now it seems to have disappeared...that's why i was so afraid to sleep late at night because that's when it usually sets in..oooooh i don't want to experience it again...

usually, i just pray when that happens asking God for help..and hold on to a big long pillow so at least i can hold and cling to "something" when everything feels like out of control...and sometimes, i get to feel that it's really the enemy doing that, but, as i get deeper and closer with God, i noticed it disappeared..

asking for help is a good idea specially if it is being offered...i heard one of the pastors in our church say that we cannot get "possessed" because Jesus is already in our hearts..but we can get "oppressed" though...well, just know your resources..tell someone who can help you, and also ask them to pray for you and pray with you during counselling session...it'll greatly ease the burden for sure...and of course, pray before you sleep asking God to keep you from feeling that way...and uhhhh...also try to sleep early? i don't know...way back i always go to bed early because "paralysis" sets in near midnight or a little past midnight...well, i hope it works for you too..i'll pray for you...hope you get better very soon... smile

Thanks miss, I don't it'll happen again. One experience is scary enough ^___^" You be careful too =D  

ll-0RACL3_kun-ll

Hunter

5,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Super S8N 360

Friendly Informer

7,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:49 pm
I'll pray for you.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:42 pm
I am shocked to hear I'm not the only one that has had the paralyzed feeling and I did hear evil laughter and want to scream but I couldn't move or make a sound! After this encounter, I started asking for help but everyone around me didn't believe me or God... It was tough. I'm the only one that reads the Bible.  

PerfectLie

Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff