Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Kobolds in 4e

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:19 am
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/excerpts/dsh_excerpt_2.pdf

Dungeon Survival Handbook has a plethora of goodies, but the only one I can think of right now is that it adds three new races to the game: Kobolds, Goblins, and Svirfneblin. Above is a pdf to the kobold excerpt. Kobolds get +2 Con, and +2 Dex or Cha, and they don't use Shifty anymore. The power is called Shifty Maneuver, move action, and all allies in burst 2 shift 1 and a free action.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:22 am
I much preferred the Shifty power from MM1, but maybe it was a little OP. It's just that the new encounter power feels much more like a leader's power, but the mentality of Kobolds makes it hard for me to see them playing anything that's not a striker (or maybe controller). I mean, Kobolds are meant to be cowardly, only caring about themselves, making the original power seem much more appropriate. Plus I just love getting to say the words shifty shift. >.<

Still, it's cool that they've been given Darkvision. I thought they should have gotten that before.  

joe-dude667

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:50 pm
Craven kobolds know the value of strength in numbers, they'll never attack you alone. Unless they're using a bitchin' Assassin build.

Oddly these kobolds make great Battleminds  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:56 pm
I actually like Kobolds, as is. They're a bit underpowered, as far as races go, especially considering how far into 4e we are but they are officially released with some interesting feats and capabilities. They're no pixie, but they're not nearly as bad as some other 'official'(non MM) races.  

Virulent Lover

Dangerous Lover

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:30 pm
I've only played 3rd and 3,5 edition kobolds, so I wouldn't know.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games