Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
R*****

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:23 am
DON'T SAY IT!!! That is a hurtful word even if you're not going up to someone with a mental disability and calling them that. It is HURTFUL. They hear you using it, and it hurts them. It hurts their friends and families, it HURTS PEOPLE.

What brings this up is I just found here in this guild in someone's post, that word. I deleted it now, so don't bother looking like "Who did it!? Who?!" >.< I think I am more upset knowing that it was said in a Christian guild. Shouldn't we know better than that? Are we not hearing what the Bible says about our words? To use terrible words like that. Bible Verses

Please think about what you are saying. It does NOT simply affect you. Others around you hear you, are influenced, hurt, or even angered.

I am just sick of this word! My sister has Autism, 5 family members have disabilities, and I volunteer with children of mental disabilities. So you can see how this would hurt me so much that I am writing a slightly ranty topic about it. >.>

Please PLEASE just stop. I'm begging you. The homosexual "F" word as well. crying

There are more words in the English language than can be officially counted; I'm sure you can find something that fits that isn't dirty, nasty, or hurtful AND will make you sound a LOT smarter..  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:56 am
Br1ttana
DON'T SAY IT!!! That is a hurtful word even if you're not going up to someone with a mental disability and calling them that. It is HURTFUL. They hear you using it, and it hurts them. It hurts their friends and families, it HURTS PEOPLE.

What brings this up is I just found here in this guild in someone's post, that word. I deleted it now, so don't bother looking like "Who did it!? Who?!" >.< I think I am more upset knowing that it was said in a Christian guild. Shouldn't we know better than that? Are we not hearing what the Bible says about our words? To use terrible words like that. Bible Verses

Please think about what you are saying. It does NOT simply affect you. Others around you hear you, are influenced, hurt, or even angered.

I am just sick of this word! My sister has Autism, 5 family members have disabilities, and I volunteer with children of mental disabilities. So you can see how this would hurt me so much that I am writing a slightly ranty topic about it. >.>

Please PLEASE just stop. I'm begging you. The homosexual "F" word as well. crying

There are more words in the English language than can be officially counted; I'm sure you can find something that fits that isn't dirty, nasty, or hurtful AND will make you sound a LOT smarter..
AMEN SISTA! -hugs-  

thrashmetaljunkie

Alex Trevell

Mythical Tactician

23,340 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:49 am
Oh, ok, I just figured out what the word was from the context of your posted text.  
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games