Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Inspiration
I see Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:18 pm
This is a song that touched me. We sang it at my grandmothers funeral yesterday.

Eg ser [I see]

(Bjørn Eidsvåg)

Eg ser at du er trøtt
Men eg kan ikkje gå alle skritta for deg
Du må gå de sjøl
Men eg ve gå de med deg
Eg ve gå de med deg

(I see that you are tired
But I can't walk all the steps for you
You have to walk them yourself
But I will walk them with you
I will walk them with you)

Eg ser du har det vondt
Men eg kan ikkje grina alle tårene for deg
Du må grina de sjøl
Men eg ve grina med deg
Eg ve grina med deg

(I see that you are in pain
But I can not cry all your tears for you
You have to cry them yourself
But I will cry with you
I will cry with you)

Eg ser du vil gi opp
Men eg kan ikkje leva livet for deg
Du må leva det sjøl
Men eg ve leva med deg
eg ve leva med deg

(I see you want to give up
But I can not live life for you
You have to live it yourself
But I will live with you
I will live with you)

Eg ser at du er redd
Men eg kan ikkje gå i døden for deg
Du må smake han sjøl
Men eg gjer død til liv for deg
Eg gjer død til liv for deg
Eg har gjort død til liv for deg

(I see that you are scared
But I can not go into death for you
You have to taste him yourself
But I can make death life for you
I have made death life for you)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:51 pm
I'm sorry for your loss emotion_hug

I've never heard the song before, but it does sound appropriate. What language is that in besides English? It doesn't look familiar to me.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:01 pm
Aquatic_blue

I've never heard the song before, but it does sound appropriate. What language is that in besides English? It doesn't look familiar to me.

Thank you for your condolence. 3nodding *hugs*

It is a Norwegian song. I am from Norway. Don't think many people here know that. razz  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:12 pm
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue

It is a Norwegian song. I am from Norway. Don't think many people here know that. razz

You're welcome smile

And wow surprised I didn't know you were from Norway! That's cool! biggrin  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:20 pm
Aquatic_blue
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue

You're welcome smile

I feel the same way about people being from America. smile
Most of our TV shows and products are either owned by an american company [or a ripoff of an american product], or bought from the US.
Though our options and choices are fewer, and the prices are ridiculously higher. I miss the US. If things were more stable and the wages higher...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:23 pm
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue

You're welcome smile

Most of our TV shows and products are either owned by an american company [or a ripoff of an american product], or bought from the US.
Though our options and choices are fewer, and the prices are ridiculously higher. I miss the US. If things were more stable and the wages higher...

Well, each country has it's problems. I mean, I feel that there's a lot here that I strongly dislike and would like to move to another country. The only thing is, I wouldn't like to have to fluently learn another language, get used to a new law system, etc. etc. I will probably end up staying in the United States, but definitely move to another state.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:02 pm
Aquatic_blue
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue

You're welcome smile

Well, each country has it's problems. I mean, I feel that there's a lot here that I strongly dislike and would like to move to another country. The only thing is, I wouldn't like to have to fluently learn another language, get used to a new law system, etc. etc. I will probably end up staying in the United States, but definitely move to another state.

That is true, and we are all placed where we are for a reason. Where in the states do you live? I stayed in Michigan for a few months. Loved it there.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:35 pm
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue

You're welcome smile

That is true, and we are all placed where we are for a reason. Where in the states do you live? I stayed in Michigan for a few months. Loved it there.

I don't give out my state anymore. Although, I will say I live in one of the desert states.

I've never been to Michigan or even close, but I've known people who have. I'm sure it's a lot colder there a lot of the year than it is here, though. I'm sure it'd be too cold for me, especially during the winter.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Aquatic_blue
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue

You're welcome smile

I don't give out my state anymore. Although, I will say I live in one of the desert states.

I've never been to Michigan or even close, but I've known people who have. I'm sure it's a lot colder there a lot of the year than it is here, though. I'm sure it'd be too cold for me, especially during the winter.

I understand that. ^^

Nice place. I was there during the fall, but it was as hot there as it gets here during the summer, I think even alot warmer. It was a pretty small town. What I noticed was how polite everyone was. Everyone always said hello to each other on the streets, and the people working at the cash register seemed interested in the customers and even asked you questions about your life.
Maybe it was because I have an accent and is foreign. I don't know. lol  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:53 pm
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue

You're welcome smile

I understand that. ^^

Nice place. I was there during the fall, but it was as hot there as it gets here during the summer, I think even alot warmer. It was a pretty small town. What I noticed was how polite everyone was. Everyone always said hello to each other on the streets, and the people working at the cash register seemed interested in the customers and even asked you questions about your life.

What I've noticed is some states just seem nicer than others. Where I'm at, it's not the coolest place ever. Most of the people are rude and it's hard to find friends that won't stab you in the back. This town is getting worse for me to live in. We try to just get by, but can't wait to move somewhere more friendly. The place I live also scares me a lot spiritually because of how most of the churches act and try to outdo each other. I try to find the good in it, but it gets hard in a small town. When one person doesn't like you - many others follow.

Some places have nicer people than others. Some places are stranger than others, some are more dangerous, some aren't as welcoming, etc. Areas change from state to state. smile I've just happened to be in the same place for far too long and it hasn't gotten better over the years.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:10 pm
Aquatic_blue
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue

I understand that. ^^

What I've noticed is some states just seem nicer than others. Where I'm at, it's not the coolest place ever. Most of the people are rude and it's hard to find friends that won't stab you in the back. This town is getting worse for me to live in. We try to just get by, but can't wait to move somewhere more friendly. The place I live also scares me a lot spiritually because of how most of the churches act and try to outdo each other. I try to find the good in it, but it gets hard in a small town. When one person doesn't like you - many others follow.

Some places have nicer people than others. Some places are stranger than others, some are more dangerous, some aren't as welcoming, etc. Areas change from state to state. smile I've just happened to be in the same place for far too long and it hasn't gotten better over the years.

It is the same here. I also live in a small town, and people think I am strange because I don't do the things they do. There is a lot of public drinking here, and it is one if the most common "hobbies" for teens, and adults.

We also have different churches. Some that are free churches and some that are state run. Different people go to different churches. The state run ones have a set program and instructions to follow, and can be rigid at some points while too quite about other subjects. Most Norwegians are baptized as infants by the state church [which I think is mostly a Catholic tradition, but somehow as a Protestant nation we still follow] and are members unless they actively petition to not be a member.

It is very hard to find friends here too. It does get hard. Mostly I think because things are easier to see in a small town.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:56 pm
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue

I understand that. ^^

It is the same here. I also live in a small town, and people think I am strange because I don't do the things they do. There is a lot of public drinking here, and it is one if the most common "hobbies" for teens, and adults.

We also have different churches. Some that are free churches and some that are state run. Different people go to different churches. The state run ones have a set program and instructions to follow, and can be rigid at some points while too quite about other subjects. Most Norwegians are baptized as infants by the state church [which I think is mostly a Catholic tradition, but somehow as a Protestant nation we still follow] and are members unless they actively petition to not be a member.

It is very hard to find friends here too. It does get hard. Mostly I think because things are easier to see in a small town.

Yeah, drinking is a problem here to so I totally understand that one about being weird because you don't do what everyone else does. I remember I was in an English class in high school and this girl who got on my nerves and always bragged about beating people up and stuff said to me, "You've never had alcohol?" I said, "No." and then she said, "Not even smoked?" I said, "Nope." and then she said, "Not even a little puff?" I said, "No." and then she said, "What?! You're a saint then, aren't ya?" and I said, "Not really." and then she just gaped her jaw open as if she was gonna say, "What?!" and left me alone. I didn't care for the way she talked, though. All she could talk about was drugs, drinking, and fighting. There were so many other kids at that school who talked about the same thing. Some were all talk no action, though, but the thought of doing things of that sort still isn't good.

I'm honestly surprised I never got involved in some of that stuff because it was so common. You just have to stay strong and stick to your morals and end up having a few good friends.

Here, we have separation between church and state so they are completely different matters. Although, considering that the church is separated from the state, it is good and bad. Good because people can believe what they want and there are rules in some churches and not rules in others. Although, it can be a draw back because the state isn't involved when there are things that go horribly wrong in churches. There have been prositution rings in places that have labeled themselves a church and the police got involved, but I'm sure it went on silently for so long. Although, the separation helps when someone wants to build their own chruch as a non-profit organization.

It's interesting in other countries that some are run by state and others run independently. I guess I've been in the US so long that I don't even realize some stuff that's out of this country. I realize what I see and hear on the news, but other interesting facts or things that don't make it to the news - not so much.

I don't believe in infant baptism myself. I know it exists, but I don't support it. That practice seems like it's come out of the Catholic church a bit in the past years, too.

Sorry that you live in a small town that's similar. It's not the best stuff in the world because if you do something wrong or hurt someone's feelings by doing the right thing - everyone knows about it and a lot of people turn their backs on you. It's like someone knows everyone and things spread too fast. I would like to be in a bigger area where things are harder to spread and there's people with stronger opinions that won't believe every rumor they hear.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Tantei_Saru3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:19 pm
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue

Ooh, you're Norwegian? xD  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:04 pm
Tantei_Saru3
Garland-Green
Aquatic_blue

Ooh, you're Norwegian? xD

Yes I am. smile  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Yasha Victoria

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:51 am
I've been away for like, almost a month..i hope i'm not too late to bring you my condolences captain.  
Inspiration

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff