Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[DnD 4e] Thunderspire Labyrinth: 5/6 RECRUITING Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:27 am
Thunderspire needs new players to plumb the depths of its Labyrinth. Join our heroes as they lead the assault on the secret stronghold of the Grimmerzhul duergar clan. Gear up in the Seven-Pillared Hall and trust to your map.

Current PCs:
Fang Shifter Warden missing
Gomez Human Bard
Kibble Halfling Archer Ranger

Do you know the PCs from their past? Or do you simply have a grudge against Murkelmor Grimmerzhul. Maybe you just wanna free some slaves? Either way, Thunderspire is the place for you!

Starting Level: 4
Gear: level 4 standard ( magic items of levels 3, 4,and 5, +680gp in gear )
Bonus: insert yourself in one of the above PC's history(with player approval) and you'll get an extra level 5 item of your choice
Available Resources: All published books and Dragon articles
Restricted: Drow and races from MMs
Yes Really: Power books, Essentials products, and Heroes books
Stats: standard array or 22 points  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:31 am
Do you allow Muls?  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:38 am
Vampfighter1
Do you allow Muls?

Yes, all published books, but I'll appreciate some description how the race came to be in the Nentir Vale. Given the anti-slavery theme of the adventure, it shouldn't be too tough.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:47 pm
You don't need to crowd the other games, I've got room here!  

Arc Vembris
Crew

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:38 am
*Sigh* i probably shouldn't, buuuuuut....

One cleric or paladin coming up, possibly deva. Won't be able to really work on it till the evening though, most likely.

Edit; any chance i could get a recap/rundown of the story/setting?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:30 am
KytanaTheThief
*Sigh* i probably shouldn't, buuuuuut....

One cleric or paladin coming up, possibly deva. Won't be able to really work on it till the evening though, most likely.

Edit; any chance i could get a recap/rundown of the story/setting?
It's the premade H2 adventure, thunderspire laberynth. So far in game we've durdled around in the pillared hall, made an excursion into the titular laberynth where we found some hobgoblin slavers, there was a rational discourse about business matters and almost no violence, and now we're fighting some duergar slavers who may or may not be associated with the hobgoblins, or the slaves that originally brought us here.

Also the half orc who picked this fight has spontaneously disappeared, which is kinda annoying now that i think about it.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:45 am
See, about the only knowledge I have of any premade adventure is some knowledge of the latter part of Temple of Elemental Evil, and that's only from a podcast I listen to.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:26 pm
I'm definitely interested. Its rare that I get to use my essential books.

I'm assuming not, but are we allowed to use themes?

None the less I'm working on either a berserker ( a class of barbarian from Hero's of feywild) or this Vryloka blackguard/sorcerer I have.

Let me see if my wife wants to get in on this too.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:21 pm
Sorry, no themes.

Kytana, I have to thank you, Ever since I upgraded from my 1GB mp3 player, I've been enjoying Thursday Knights  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:42 pm
haha, np. I actually fell really behind, but recently got spurred to catch back up. I'm on ep 57 >.< (granted, I was already about 20 behind when i stopped listening, it jsut made catching up that much harder). I'm averaging about 2 a day, though, so I'm guessing it'll be about a month XD

But yeah, they are completely awesome and hilarious

edit: ok, got the sheet about 90% done, just need to fill in mundane equipment, and background. (as a side note, why the frick does there have to be so many magic items when we only get to pick 3?! I HATE picking magic items >.<)

Shakra Stornstall, Cleric of Kord  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:48 am
Decided to go with the Vryloka. I'll complete the character sheet when I get back form work this evening.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:47 pm
KytanaTheThief
haha, np. I actually fell really behind, but recently got spurred to catch back up. I'm on ep 57 >.< (granted, I was already about 20 behind when i stopped listening, it jsut made catching up that much harder). I'm averaging about 2 a day, though, so I'm guessing it'll be about a month XD

But yeah, they are completely awesome and hilarious

edit: ok, got the sheet about 90% done, just need to fill in mundane equipment, and background. (as a side note, why the frick does there have to be so many magic items when we only get to pick 3?! I HATE picking magic items >.<)

Shakra Stornstall, Cleric of Kord

I'm on episode 23, listening to one a day when my other podcasts don't update.

Sheet looks good  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:15 pm
Damn, day got too busy. I'll have my character sheet tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:07 am
Just as a heads up, I should be able to finish up my sheet tonight. I was originally gonna try to work with someone else's background, but I feel like I'm changing my char each time I try. So, I'm going to (sadly) forgoe the extra item T.T  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:12 pm
KytanaTheThief
Just as a heads up, I should be able to finish up my sheet tonight. I was originally gonna try to work with someone else's background, but I feel like I'm changing my char each time I try. So, I'm going to (sadly) forgoe the extra item T.T

That's ok, clerics of Kord don't need excuses to beat up goons  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces