Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Character Profiles
Avatar: War of the Republic Profiles Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marinalla

Hunter

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:24 pm
This is the place for our profiles!

The RP is here

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:59 pm
User Image

"Navao" Nav "Lucres"
"I care more about the animals than I do you."

ß є ŋ ∂ ǐ ŋ ġ • Î s • α • Ш α ч • σ ғ • ʟ ǐ ғ є

I've been known as this since the day I was born: Navao Lucres
Though many folks tend to call me something else: Nav, Ao, Va
Many people celebrate this day: Eighteen
I was declared: Female
I tend to go for: Boys
So it's natural that I like: No one right now.
That powerful skill of mine: Earth bending/Plant bending
We each have our own group, I'm a member of: Tetsu

є v є я ч • ρ є я s σ ŋ • н α s • s є c я є т s

ʟ є т • м є • s н σ ω • ч σ υ • н σ ω • т σ • α c т
Navao has a peaceful sort of personality. She doesn't like it when people bug her with stupid things and she absolutely hates it when people ignore her due to how her parents treated her in the past. She loves animals and will do almost anything for them because she believes they are the best thing ever and won't even thing about harming or killing an animal. Though people are another thing entirely. Navao doesn't like it when people fight around her and she will directly tell them so, especially if she believes they will be harming an animal in any way. She tends to speak her mind no matter the consequences and will even go behind a person's back to get what she wants, even the leader of Tetsu. She's not afraid to get things done and if made mad, will make a way to punish them. On occasion she will admit that she's wrong, but not to those who don't deserve it.

If made mad by someone in Tetsu, she will not hesitate to threat about leaving the group, and take most of the animals and mounts they have with her because most if not all the animals and mounts in the group like her so much. But Navao doesn't like having to make those threats because she loves being in Tetsu. The only person she actually truly cares about other than animals is her brother Michi, though she can and will get cross with him if need be, since she's the older sibling and isn't afraid to remind him of this.

к ŋ σ ω • т н є • ρ α s т • т σ • c н α ŋ ɢ є • т н є • ғ υ т υ я є
Navao's parents were both Earth benders who had wished for a powerful Earth bender child of their own. They had been so happy when Navao was born and were hoping that she'd be an Earth bender like them so they raised her with much love, even after her little brother Michi was born. But when Navao turned six and her bending showed up, she and her parents found out that she wasn't an earth bender exactly, she was more of a plant bender and couldn't really bend rocks or earth like the rest of her family, such as her brother who appeared to be a great and powerful Earth bender, which is exactly what her parents had wanted. Since Michi turned out to be the bender that they wanted, Navao's parents barely paid attention to her which made her feel bad all the time. Navao eventually ran away from her home when she was ten, not that she thought her parents would notice and was living in a forest for awhile. While living in the forest Navao became friends with many different animals and even helped them out with her plant bending.

Two weeks after living in the forest with the animals, Michi found her and threw his arms around her, begging her to come back with him. After talking with him for awhile, she finally agreed to go back and her parents accepted her into their lives again. But thing changed after three years, when Navao was thirteen her parents were asked to go to Republic City to help out with something leaving Michi and Navao home, and they ended up being in the city when it was destroyed. When Navao found out the news she went into shock, and Michi didn't know what to do about it. He wanted to get back at someone, but he didn't know who and he was worried about Navao. It was after Michi got attacked by a wild animal that she finally came out of shock. She was nearby the area where the wild animal was attacking him and used her plant bending to stop the animal from killing her brother. Michi ended up with a scar on his stomach but he lived but decided to go join the rest of the Earth benders of the kingdom to fight against the other nations. When he told her this, Navao said she didn't believe that any of the other nations did it. So when Michi left due to disbelief, she let him. Eventually she found out about a group of benders and non benders who believed there is something different about the destruction of the city and she went to join them. Now, Navao works with the group Tetsu and manages the animals they use because she loves them. Every now and then her brother checks up on her but she never agrees to leave with him since she believes she's right about what happened.

ʟ є т • ч σ υ я s є ʟ ғ • в є • ғ я є є
How to kill time: Navao tends to like hanging out with her animal friends and tries all she can to control her bending.
т н є • т н ι и ɢ s • ι • ʟ σ v є
Plants
Animals
Apples
Freedom
Peace
т н є • т н ι и ɢ s • ι • н α т є
Destruction
War
Death of animals
Meat
Death
Almost forgot to mention these interesting things: Navao has the power of Plant bending. She can cause plants to grow at great rates and use them to help her fight or produce food if need be. But she can't always control her bending all the time because plants are unpredictable. She also has regular Earth bending skills but since she's more of a plant bender, she can't use much earth, and is only able to move small stones at times and small things like that.
Navao is an animal person, she loves animals and is willing to do almost anything for them. As such, she has a lot of pets, or rather 'friends' as she calls them. She handles all the animals that Tetsu uses and needs around them but will not help people kill her friends to eat them, since she is a vegetarian. Her direct friends, who tend to stay with her or near her all the time, include a fire ferret (Hex), a pine marten (Luffen), a quilled chameleon (Omel), a messanger hawk (Nocte), and a baby pygmy puma (Sphinx). The last animal she tends to have with is her very own special Eel Hound (Rink). She doesn't always make these animals go with her but tends to like having them near her.

ω є • α ʟ ʟ • н α v є • c н σ ι c є s • т σ • м α к є

p l a y e d __ b y __ Marinalla

Marinalla

Hunter

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Marinalla

Hunter

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:47 pm
User Image

"Dante" Iron Wall "Kotoshi"
"Every man dies. Not every man really lives."

I've been known as this since the day I was born: Dante Alekzanders Kotoshi
Though many folks tend to call me something else: Iron Wall & No.1 Maverick Fighter
Many people celebrate this day: 18
I was declared: Male
I tend to go for: Girls
So it's natural that I like: N/A
That powerful skill of mine: Earth Bending
We each have our own group, I'm a member of: Loner

Dante is kind to those he can trust and knows. He is polite to people that are kind to him, but people that are mean to him he is mean right back. Anyone that tries to hurt his friends and/or loved ones will find Dante to be pissed, but at the same time cold and lethal. He tends to relax every once in a while because he says that he deserves a good rest every now and then. When he is happy he is full of energy and can go the entire day doing anything and everything. He likes to play jokes and pranks, but this is only to have people smile and laugh.

Dante lived in the middle of the Earth Kingdom Capital Ba Sing Se. Although his family didn't live in the more prosperous Noble Section of the city they were able to live life with ease since both Dante's father and older brother were Earth Benders and Guards while his mother was a baker. Dante wished to be like his older brother and father so when he could start walked he wished to learn Earth Bending. At first it seemed he had no talent for it, but after a few years he was a natural at it. When he turned 16 he left Ba Sing Se to find his own Destiny. He traveled around the Earth Kingdom for a while before he took a boat over to the Fire Nation to learn other fighting styles. After staying their a few years he learned of the incident that went on in Republic City, but found it a bit odd that everyone denied it was them. He needed to find out the truth behind who started the war that the nations were in and why they started all of it.

How to kill time: Earth Bending practice, drawing, reading, star gazing
sweets
cute animals
a good book
a soft bed
a good fight
spicy food
sour candy
fear of blood (becomes really really nervous at the sight of it)
unfair fights
someone waking him up early
Almost forgot to mention these interesting things: Dante has learned to use Metal Bending through many practice sessions while traveling, but he found this by accident. After training it more and more he is able to bed metal to a certain degree, but he is not fully able to use it like the Metal Benders from Republic City. The biggest thing he has been able to use Metal Bending on was a small portion of the roof of a ship.

p l a y e d __ b y __ angel of death112

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:17 pm
User Image

"Raine" Fire Fist "Highwind"
"Out of the fire and into the furnace."

I've been known as this since the day I was born: Raine Highwind
Though many folks tend to call me something else: The Fire-Fist
Many people celebrate this day: 24
So it's natural that I like: My Girlfriend whom I may wish to marry but that's private.
That powerful skill of mine: Fire Bending, Lightning Generation
We each have our own group, I'm a member of: Fire Nation

Despite the hostile military background Raine endured as a child Raine had become the better man out of this. He is funny, kind, and charming to most people and his closest friends. To his Brothers in Arms, he is fierce and harsh but charismatic and protective of his allies. Raine is also very patriotic and sometimes this ends up sending the wrong message to other people but in the end he means well. But given his current circumstance of becoming the Fire Lord so abruptly is well it would be best to leave it at that this responsibility had changed him very much.

Born from one of those old relic Noble families Raine was told to believe that just about everything dealing with money came ahead of everything else. Raine never really accepted that concept, he believed that is was much more about serving your country to protect those who you care for. It is for that reason that he left all his own to try to make something out of himself. Taking as much money and other necessities as he could. He went Island Hopping as well going form each part of the Fire Nation to the next getting odd jobs, doing practical farm work and other things to get a living by.

The moment he turned 16 his parents sent him off to military school where he would later graduate from and started off as being a Captain of his own guard.This specific group later came to be known as the Hot Heads, a small elite unit of Bending Prodigies from all over the Fire Nation. How ever not everybody made it through the tests how ever, most fails, some quit, and only a few died in the process. Since then he has raised his rank almost substantially to the point where he was eventually a Commander, at the age of only 19 years old.

Everything was fine for him, he had his own ship, his own battalion, and the respect of his entire crew, he felt like he could die happy now. Then unrest came along. People weren't satisfied with whom the Fire Lord was as he decided to attend to other people for profit rather than his own people first. Then there was a coup made by military insurrectionists to seize power from the Fire Lord. Raine knew that the nation would fall into much more unrest than it already was. So seizing command over the remaining loyal Military he led a counter offensive against the insurrectionists and in only a few weeks he retook the Fire Nation. In the end some regarded him as being loyalist scum other regarded him as a patriotic hero. All that is most known from that day is that two factors placed him on the throne, his heroic ways and blood of the nobility.

How to kill time: Hobbies
My Love
Warmth
Rain
The Sungi Horn
Sunlight
Cold Nights
Being the Fire Lord
Having to make all the decisions
Politics
Long Work Hours
Almost forgot to mention these interesting things: Aside from a few avatars and very few masters, Raine manages to control white fire as it is much hotter than blue fire by far and if much more easily controlled.

p l a y e d __ b y __ iSnakeeyes

Marinalla

Hunter

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Marinalla

Hunter

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:33 pm
User Image

"Valai" Quick Silver "Viscoul"
"Get on my nerves and the next thing you'll see if my knife in your stomach."

I've been known as this since the day I was born: Valai Viscoul
Though many folks tend to call me something else: Quick Silver, Silver, Val, Lai, Captain
Many people celebrate this day: Twenty-one
I tend to go for: Males
So it's natural that I like: Undecided
That powerful skill of mine: Shadow Bending/Fire Bending
We each have our own group, I'm a member of: Shadow Benders/Pretends to be a Fire Nation supporter

Valai likes to be free more than she likes being around people. She hides this from others and will be strict and will pretend to like order so everything goes okay, but in truth she hates having to deal with armies. Valai loves to relax, and will do whatever she can to get things done quickly and efficiently so she can run off and be lazy. The only times she doesn't like being lazy is when she practices her fighting skills, she always seems to find peace when she's practicing them and her shadow bending skills.

Valai is the sort of person who will not let anything get in her way when she is on a mission. She hates it when people continue to bug her about stupid things and will probably do something about that annoying person, just not out in the open. She's a behind the scenes kind of person, which might explain why she's such an excellent Shadow Bender since they tend to stay more in the shadows. She isn't afraid to do something immoral, and tends to do things quickly and makes sure no one finds out about what she's done until too late. Some of the people in the Fire Nation Army know this, and they tend to try and stay on her good side since they don't want to be silenced in the night by one of her many skills, that on occasion, she uses for assassinations. But she tends to hate being called on by people to use these skills and will even tell off people who try and make her use them, even turning on them in their own home.

Valai was born to two fire benders, and she was pretty sure one of them might have been a noble or something, but she doesn't remember them a whole lot because her father was never around and her mother had died in child birth. When Valai was six, she tried to use fire bending so she could be like her parents but to no avail, she couldn't seem to manage a single burst of fire. When her father was around, he tended to ignore her because she couldn't do anything special and that made her feel like crap. So when she finally managed a small burst of fire when she was eight, she was so pleased, even though she couldn't seem to redo what she'd just done and that just made her father even more upset about it. Eventually he just never came back from the Fire Nation capitol and left her home alone with a house keeper. Because of this, Valai doesn't like dealing with parents of any kind since her father never did anything to acknowledge her. And when she turned ten, she finally got away from her house and her dead beat father who didn't even like her since her mother died giving birth to her. Valai got away from them and ended up getting into a bunch of trouble all the time. She got arrested by the police in a few of the cities, making her known to quite a few people since she'd already gotten pretty good with knives and bows.

After going around for awhile, Valai finally realized why she couldn't fire bend as well as her father could. She ran into another person who was the same way and he told her that he was a Shadow Bender and that he believed she was too. They traveled around the Fire Nation for awhile and Valai learned about her abilities from what her new friend had found out about his and practiced all the time. He also told her that no one knew about the type of bending that they had and that they need to keep it a secret. When they went to a city, there was an explosion for some unknown reason and it caused her friend to be killed. Valai was upset by this and left the Fire Nation for a change of scenery. She ran into a group of Shadow Benders and decided to join with them. The leader of the group decided that they wanted to blow up Republic City to show the Nations that things aren't alright with the world, and Valai agreed readily. When the city was destroyed, Valai found out that her father had been in the city at that time, which added to her satisfaction. After the destruction, Valai was asked to go back to the Fire Nation to spy on them. As the Second Lieutenant of the Shadow Benders, Valai agreed since she had skills as a partial leader of a small group of people. For the five years since the destruction she'd taken part of, Valai moved up the ladder of the Fire Nation army and is now the Captain of the Guard, the leader of the group charged with protecting the Fire Lord. She can also work as an assassin but only on rare occasions. Most of the time she tends to ignore parts of her duties and goes off on her own to star gaze, cloud watch, or just to bother others. She's even sneaked up on the Fire Lord before, though she wouldn't do anything to him without an order from her Leader.

What a lot of people don't know, is that Valai is one of the reasons that the Fire Nation staged a coup against its last Fire Lord, she leaked information to the revolters which made them go after the Royal Family. She did this for revenge because she had eventually found out that it was because of that Fire Lord that her friend was killed, he'd caused the explosion. Now she tends to stay near the current Fire Lord, waiting for her next orders as well as learning more about the Fire Nation's secrets.

How to kill time: Star gazing, Cloud watching, testing skills, practicing sword fighting.
Darkness
Being alone
Star gazing
Cloud watching
Fire
Light
Annoying people
Animals
Water
Being in a crowd of people (battle fields excluded)
Almost forgot to mention these interesting things: Due to being a Shadow Bender, Valai can't really bend in front of others, so she is a master of different weaponry even though she's fairly young. Valai's skills include expert swordsmanship, precise throwing of daggers and stilettos, and bow and arrow training. She got the name Quick Silver because she is very swift at drawing her weapons at any time and she can and will be ready within a moment's notice. Valai, like many other Shadow Benders, have the ability to bend small portions of their home nation's element and as such she can bend a bit of fire. Never any more than a small burst and not as often as she wished she could use them element, especially in a difficult battle. But she will not use her Shadow Bending in front of others yet, because Shadow Benders are still unknown to the natural populace.

p l a y e d __ b y __ Marinalla

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:14 pm
User Image

"Nazo" "Shiame"
"Bending like everything else should be studied through science"

I've been known as this since the day I was born: Nazo Shiame
Though many folks tend to call me something else: Nothing right now
Many people celebrate this day: 21
So it's natural that I like: None right now
That powerful skill of mine: Earthing Bending and if in a bad mood bone bending
We each have our own group, I'm a member of: With Tetsu on right of asylum for scientific studies.

Nazo has always been a genius when it comes to science and bending. His knowledge has gone so far that the two kinda have mixed for him so he kinda seems to see them the same. Due to his view points of bending he kinda has become a bit paranoid. With his paranoia came his temper which tends to come out when he is harassed. When he is mad he is very dangerous as he tends to use his bending very aggressively even though its earth bending. Though if some can get to know him and become his friend,he becomes your friend for life since he never betrays his friends. With his friends he is always trying to keep everyone together.

Nazo lived in a village not to far from the Earth Kingdom capital. At a young age the village discovered that he was a earth bender. They quickly taught him how to use it as he when through school. His school was what actually effected him the most. Since their he found out something that he loved,science. As he grew older and learned more and more his views changed from bending being a sacred thing to now where its a thing that should be broken down and studied.

At the age of 18 he moved to Ba Sing Se as a scientist. There he landed him a small job helping the Earth Kingdom with new studies. With his job he started funding his own studies. Those studies were to find out other types of bending. After two years he discovered his iconic "new" bending, bone bending.

When he discovered this bending he went to show it the others. They saw it just like the water benders see blood bending. It was wrong and evil so they were going to execute him so it wouldn't spread. To save his life he had to use it on them to escape. When he escaped he ran for a few months to find safety. He eventually found safety in a new group called Tetsu. They took him in if he promised to be a scientist for them. He happily agreed to and happily moved to their base. They now bring him weapons and other new tech to see if he can discover how to recreate it just in case Tetsu needs to fight.

Even though he has happily worked there and made sure his new group can keep up he has still been funding his own secret studies. To this very date barely anyone in Tetsu knows about his Bone Bending

How to kill time: Working with his bending and discovering new bending. He also secretly likes to visit music and arts festival.
Like Seafood
Like Science
Like Music
Like "New Bending"
Like Animals
Dislike/Fear heights
Dislike/Fear new people who ask to many questions
Dislike/Fear the unknown
Dislike/Fear poeple branding him as a outsider due to his bending
Almost forgot to mention these interesting things: Nazo is the founder of Bone Bending. Bone Bending is the Earth equal of blood bending. It uses the earth minerals in the person bones to control. Unlike blood bending, bone bending has very little combat help in multi fights since the bender can only lock into one person with it. So these benders tend to run in huge fights. Bone bending tends to seem rigid since unlike water bending were the veins go every where, bone bending can only control the bones so the movements of the "puppet" tend to move in a rigid way. Like all earth bending he and the target must stay connected to the ground. So if one person is knocked off the ground a forced unlink happens which leaves the bender mentally tired and very vunerable to any other attack.

p l a y e d __ b y ___ jrmudo1

Marinalla

Hunter

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Marinalla

Hunter

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:48 pm
User Image

"Arietta" Ari "Bell"
"If you travel with me, there's no telling what might happen to you or your things."

I've been known as this since the day I was born: Arietta Bell
Though many folks tend to call me something else: Ari
Many people celebrate this day: 19
So it's natural that I like: No one yet
That powerful skill of mine: Water Bending/Blood Bending
We each have our own group, I'm a member of: Loner/Tetsu

Ari is a very sweet person, but only when she wants to be. She loves to be nice to people when she's in a city or town and will even try to buddy up with someone so she can get things she wants. But if someone tries to travel with her, she tends to be a bit cranky and does not like it at all when someone tries to come with her. Ari also hates it when people get into her business and she's not afraid to tell people to mind their own business. Ari doesn't like being in a huge crowd since she tends to be a bit claustrophobic but only in large groups, small groups are okay with it. Whenever she gets pissed or upset she is usually seen by a lake, river, or whatever water source is near her at that moment.

Ari was born in the Northern Water Tribe to two Noble Water Benders who loved her very much. They raised Ari well and taught her how to water bend efficiently and they believed she could be a great help later on in her life. While growing up, Ari was around a lot of other water benders and she slowly began hating it when people began bugging her because of her parents, who were both famous for their bending, as well as her own powerful bending from a young age. After awhile, Ari's parents decided to go around and travel through the Earth Kingdom. They wanted a change of pace so that Ari could have a different life than all of the younger kids and those that were her age bothering her about showing off her bending moves. They traveled for awhile before being called back to the North Pole for a banquet involving all of the nobles. They went back for this banquet so they wouldn't get into trouble but Ari didn't like having to go back after being able to travel. She loved traveling, it always made her feel free and like she didn't have any troubles.

After the banquet, Ari found out that they were being moved to Republic City so that Ari's mother could be a Water Bender on the Council. At first Ari wasn't happy about it but eventually she began to love the city. She always liked to go traveling around the city as well as outside of it to see what she could find. When she was fourteen, Ari was out hanging around in the forest near the City and her father came out to see her at the lake in the forest. She had been practicing her water bending when her father began messing with her. They'd gotten into a full on duel when they heard and felt an explosion. They both instantly turned towards Republic City and began rushing towards it when a bigger explosion happened. Later, Ari found out that her mother had been in the council chambers when this had happened. So not only had she lost her mother, but Ari's father was called back to the North Pole to become one of the warriors against the other Nations. Ari disliked this idea and separated from her father and became a Loner so that she can travel around all over the place. Occasionally, she works with Tetsu, but only because they allow her to be able to travel with them to different areas.

How to kill time: Arietta loves to be near water, but she also likes to mooch things she wants off of people.
Water
Alone time
Traveling
Swimming
Seeing all the water animals she can
Large groups
Annoying people
Her father
Fire Nation
Death
Almost forgot to mention these interesting things: Ari is a powerful water bender, and has been since she was a young girl. She can control water at a great rate and can instantly turn water into ice on a moment's notice. She hates it when people bug her about her bending, so she rarely uses it and instead uses a spear to fight people if she has too. Occasionally she will make the spear sharper by having ice on the tip. She learned blood bending from her father but she seriously hates using it unless she has too.

p l a y e d __ b y __ Ichigo_Vampire_Princess77

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:59 pm
User Image

"Akira" Kira "Hoshino"
“If everybody was blind, no one would know who to hate.”

I've been known as this since the day I was born: Akira Kanamaru Hoshino
Though many folks tend to call me something else: Kira
Many people celebrate this day: 25
So it's natural that I like: The One I Cant Have.
That powerful skill of mine: Energy Bending: Air Bending
We each have our own group, I'm a member of: Loner for Now

She spends a lot of time inside her own mind, and may have little interest in the other people's thoughts or feelings. Her main interest in dealing with the world is to make decisions, express judgments, and put everything that she encounters into an understandable and rational system. She has a very evolved intuition and is convinced that she is right about things constantly. This tendency caused her to over time, dismiss others input too quickly, and to become generally arrogant and elitist.This slave has a massive dislike towards messiness and inefficiency, and anything that is muddled or sloppily done. She has a strong value in clarity and efficiency, and will put enormous amounts of energy and time into consolidating her insights into structured patterns. Though on the outside she may seem as aloof and reserved. It is because she is not overly demonstrative of her affections, and is likely to not give as much praise or positive support as others may need or desire. That doesn't mean that she doesn't truly have affection or regard for others, she simply does not typically feel the need to express it. Others may falsely perceive her as being rigid and set in her ways, but nothing could be further from the truth, because she is committed to always finding the objective best strategy to implement their ideas. When under a great deal of stress, this slave may become obsessed with mindless repetitive activities. She may also tend to become absorbed with minutia and details that would not normally be considered important to their overall goal.

Akira was kept in and protected in the long abandoned Eastern Air Temple since the day she was born. Her mother kept her little girl healthy until she died when Akira wasten. Scarred by the loss of the only woman and person she ever knew the girl meditated and only stopped when her health was in danger and she absolutely had to. In her meditation the girl saw what happened in the past and blinks of what was to come. After two years she began getting glimpses of air bending and had the urge to try it. At first she could do nothing more than a whisp of air and it was that way until three years later when she began getting visions of past air benders that taught her in meditation how to bend, which she mimicked when out of it. After five more years of meditation and training at the temple the girl began to intensify her training.

It was after a lunar eclipse that the girl had her most intense meditation session that lasted an unmeasured amount of time. She had visions of the bending Aang used to defeat the Fire Lord. Visions of the bending before modern bending, the original style. She also had visions of death and pain for those who didn't respect the sheer power it held. It was also at the end of this session that Aang himself or perhaps a spirit that was playing the role of him, she is very unsure about that situation. All she knows is that it imbued her with the knowledge required to bend energy. The knowledge came at the price of her vision a price she was willing to pay in order to further her knowledge so that she could help the avatar protect the world from the same destruction the Air benders fell to. The ability also came with a dire warning to caution its use.

Taking the words and knowledge she received Akira immediately began her training but made sure to space it out over the next three years until she had the basis of the techniques. It was only in the past year that she pushed herself to the point of unconsciousness and travelers wishing to study the temple found her and took her with them. Panicking when she awoke in their home far from hers she blasted an air current through the house effectively creating a new window. When the people explained what happened to the blind girl they aided her the best they could before telling her to find the Avatar and help them save the world once more. Ever since she has been traveling [the best she can being blind] trying to find the Avatar and managing to keep her Air bending to a minimum, and her Energy bending to extremely secret training sessions.

How to kill time: Meditating, Air Bending, Sparse Energy Bending Training, Dancing.
Being Outside
Being Dirty
Pranks
The Avatar
Being Under Estimated
Fire Benders
Confined Spaces
Being Teased
Bitter Foods
Storms
Almost forgot to mention these interesting things: Extras: Though her air bending is limited to the original air bending she also has the ability to energy bend. The down side to that is it cost her vision and to simply use it literally taps into the power of her spirit which leads to swift fatigue.

p l a y e d __ b y __ ChiyoYukiko

Marinalla

Hunter

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Marinalla

Hunter

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:28 am
User Image

"Borak"
"Can you fly across the sky like no other?"

I've been known as this since the day I was born: Borak the lightning spirit
Though many folks tend to call me something else: Rai, Spirit of lightning, Jakuta, Barak, Thor
Many people celebrate this day: --
I tend to go for: Neither
So it's natural that I like: --
That powerful skill of mine: Lightning
We each have our own group, I'm a member of: Team Avatar

Borak had heard that the moon and water spirits arrival into the human world, Borak followed with curiosity and jealousy. Many of the avatars had taken interest in the other spirits, leaving Borak with anger and jealousy as they had little interest in him, by his own opinion. After all, it was more common to see very few lightning benders from the fire nation then there ever was avatars. Wanting to be searched out, longing to be of use, Borak also came to the human world leaving the spirit world behind. Though more wise then the water and moon spirit, to his own opinion, he had taken the body of a rare, mythical bird, a phoenix.

Borak the spirit of lightning, had descended from the spirit world to join the human world. Borak was jealous of the other spirits and the relations they had with the other spirits. After all there had been so few avatars that would take interest in lightning bending, so Borak thought that he would take initiative and seek out the next avatar and teach them his ways. He was proud to leave the spirit realm and wise in his descent, taking the body of a phoenix. He was eager and even now does not regret leaving the spirit world. Even so, he would not regret what had happened after his arival...

As Borak had descended into the human world, Borak still has yet to fathom how the fire nation caught wind of his descent, thought it was soon after he had left the spirit world that the fire nation caught and captured him. At the time the Fire nations king had kept Borak's descent a secret, keeping him for his own selfish greed. Knowing well, that he could learn the ways of lightning bending from Borak, he had trained and hence forth decided that only those of royal blood would learn of Borak's secret and learn to bend lightning.

Borak didn't care, he was over joyed by the fact that he was chosen to teach those of high status his teachings. So much so he over looked the fact of his confinement. He believed that if no avatar would seek him out, then at least he could teach the princes and kings of the fire nation the way of his teachings. After many generations of being kept secret, in the end Borak was finally granted his ultimate wish.

It was when the late fire king had becoming unworthy, for his people began to turn against his rule, that Borak was informed that soon another king would be chosen. They had decided to chose blood of noble families to replace the late king, who was later killed in a coup-detas. The participants had no idea what was the real meaning behind it. Borak agreed to partake in the 'test'. After many incidents later, finally a single worthy nobility had learned to redirect Borak's lightning during the final test (of course Borak was hidden during the test). Borak took interest in the man who would then become known as the Fire fist.

Finally, the new king had emerged, Raine Highwind. It was then Borak was finally able to approach the new king. The monks that kept Borak a secret from the world had finally allowed the royal secret of keeping Borak the spirit of lightning to be open to the new king. Borak was then able to teach Raine, whom he had deemed worthy to learn his teachings, to be taught even more efficient and powerful ways of lighting bending. In return, Raine would allow Borak to teach the next avatar once the avatar could be found and allow him freedom.

How to kill time: Sleeping
Flying
Sleeping
Having an apprentice
Fish
Lightning bending
Being rejected
Water
Mud
Being teased
Being disrespected
Almost forgot to mention these interesting things: Being the spirit of Lightning, Borak was unable to hide his powers, as it had dyed his feathers blue and white as he descended into the human world. When angered, Borak's body begins to generate static electricity, which can become dangerous as his head feathers act like rods. Borak can only 'speak' with avatars, though can easily understand the speech of humans due to the body that he taken when coming to the human world. Borak will not partake in any engagement unless he is teaching or pushed to do so.

p l a y e d __ b y __ Mini me of the Zurg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:45 pm
User Image

"Hitomi" Tomi "Orihara"
"....Big brother says there are secrets about everyone, he says mine can't be shared or they won't like us anymore...."

I've been known as this since the day I was born: Hitomi Orihara
Though many folks tend to call me something else: Tomi
Many people celebrate this day: Six
So it's natural that I like: No one yet.
That powerful skill of mine: Shadow Bending/Water Bending
We each have our own group, I'm a member of: Tetsu

Hitomi is childish and loves to play outside. She can be very curious and love to follow others around secretly. Even though she can get scolded by her older brother later on. She loves her brother but is very timid because she is told to be careful with her shadow bending.
When in battle Hitomi is told by her big brother to go hide somewhere where it is safe for her and she won't get hurt. When that happens she hides but helps out her brother by secretly using her Shadow Bending.

When Hitomi was born, her life was easy. Even though she was born with Shadow Bending and already using it sort of at birth. With her older brother Yonghwa and their parents, they lived a normal life overall. They lived in a small village with not that many people. Hitomi was very popular with the people in town as they would give her small treats and what not. She started training with her mother to use Shadow Bending at the age of three. And a little bit of Water Bending so they have a good alibi. But she still isn't ready to go out in a war and is still too young to understand. She doesn't really know much about Shadow Benders, except that not many people are and that they are rare and that she is not allowed to use it that much for some reason. Even though she couldn't use it that often, it didn't matter because she didn't use it that much. But at times she would be playing with her shadow when everyone in the family was busy.

When I was five, I asked my brother one day if I could come with him to train. He said yes as we went into the woods and started to spare. I used my shadow as a weapon as it came out of the ground and made it into a knife. I won and I was so happy. Few hours later I was tuckered out and fell asleep as we started heading back home. When I started to wake up, my brother was hugging me tightly and was crying. I asked him where was mom and dad as he told that they went on a trip and that we were going on our own trip. I was happy we were going on a trip, but I missed mommy and daddy too. Months passed as we were wondering around the nations as we bumped into a group of people that were a part of some group name Tetsu. My brother and I joined them and soon he became a big part of Tetsu. But I don't get it, how come we aren't with other Shadow Benders so I wouldn't have to hide?

How to kill time: Following her brother around like a lost puppy and wandering off
Big Brother
Sweets
Animals
Going to new places
Shadows
Big scary people
Being alone for too long
Big brother hurt
Crying
Bad guys
Almost forgot to mention these interesting things: Hitomi could make her own and other people's shadows come up and out of the ground as they appear like regular people but are just pitch black in her command. She could also change them into weapons but the fault is that she isn't really good with wielding weapons yet so her older brother teaches her. She picked up a little bit of water bending to the point where she could form it into a ball and throw it around. She's been wanting to learn how to heal but feels like it's impossible.

p l a y e d __ b y __ Cecile Silverstone

Marinalla

Hunter

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Marinalla

Hunter

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:57 pm
User Image

"Yonghwa" Yong "Orihara"
"Though we hide in the shadows, not all of us are bad."

є v є я ч σ ŋ є • н α s • α • ם є s т ι и ч

I've been known as this since the day I was born: Yonghwa Orihara
Though many folks tend to call me something else: Yong
Many people celebrate this day: Nineteen
I was declared: Males
So it's natural that I like: No one yet.
We each have our own group, I'm a member of: Second Lieutenant Tetsu/ Master Swordsmen

в є ŋ ם ι и ɢ • ι s ŋ ˊ т • є v є я ч т н ι и ɢ

Yonghwa is a protective older brother but is a caring one. He appears unapproachable but he is actually a nice guy. He is a strategy person and very intellegant when it comes to combat and being stealth. Yonghwa is probably the most loyaliest person you could trust, he would never betray his friends or double cross. Even being interigated, he would rather die than to speak. He is very calm and loves his little sister.

When he is in battle, don't expect him to go easy. He will always give it his all and won't stop till he stops breathing. Don't ever hurt his little sister, or he will snap and slice you till your nothing but another meal for the animals.

My family was like any other family, I grew up in a small village with two loving parents. My father was a master swordsmen and he found it fit for me to train under him starting at the age of eight. I trained hard every day and night till I knew I could be better than my father. One night I stayed up training later than I usually did when I heard someone outside of the house wanting to take some of our things. My mother tried to stop him but she was quickly taken down as out of no where, my father's shadow came to life as it stood next to him like it was some actual being. He grabbed it's arm as he tore it to make it a long bladed katana. He took down that man as he helped up my mother, and I stepped out of the shadows witnessing what had just happened. That same night, my father explained what our family was. That we were a rare case of benders called Shadow Benders. They said they oppose our leaders on what they are doing of distrubing the peace between nations. My parents didn't want that for me so they ran off to here a small village where I wouldn't be involved with the bad Shadow Benders. They explained how the other nation don't know about them but if they were, they would most likely kill all of them. I couldn't sleep that night so I trained more, furious that some people would want to kill my parents

Through the years I started to become better with swords as I started weilding two, then soon enough three. When I was thirteen, that was probably the most happiest day of my life. The birth of my little sister, I felt so happy to have a little sister. But soon that happines ended, right when we saw my mother cradle her as my baby sister's shadow started to swirl around and come out of the ground. Only born, and she was already using Shadow Bending. My memories brought me back to that night when my parents told me, if they were discovered. They would be killed. Luckily, I wasn't a bender. But my baby sister was, so I swore I wouldn't let anyone harm her as long she was with me. Over the years, I trained harder to the point where I would pass out. But I also played with my little sister everyday while my mother taught Hitomi how to use her Shadow Bending at the age of three. One night, Hitomi who was already five wanted to help me train in the woods. So I let her, since my parents needed to go in town to the market. I didn't really get much training done, but it looked like Hitomi had fun playing with our shadows and turning them into weapons as she came at me as I let her win. She was actually really good but was still not ready to get in a real fight. When we were heading back with me carrying a sleeping Hitomi, some people on horses passed by us. I found it strange so I started running back home as those people were at our house. They were Shadow Benders as they were fighting my parents as my mother was killed while my father was fighting angerly as he spotted me and Hitomi as he told me to run and to not look backs. I was scared but knew I had to with Hitomi with me, I wasn't going to let them take her. One of the men started chasing me, but soon lost him through the darkness of the woods. I finally stopped running till when we were far from home as I started crying and hugging Hitomi tightly. Hitomi woke up and asked where we were and where was our parents, I told her that they went on a trip and that we were going on our own trip and that she couldn't use her Shadow Bending that much anymore. Months passed and I ran across Tetsu as we join them. I started to gain their trust as I became the second Lieutenant. But what I'm afraid of, is that what if Hitomi one day gets caught Shadow Bending? Will Tetsu kill us like how those Shadow Benders killed my parents that day?

т н є • ρ σ ω є я • σ ғ ۰ в є ŋ ם ι и ɢ • ι s ŋ ˊ т • α ʟ ʟ • ρ σ ω є я ғ υ ʟ
How to kill time: Yonghwa enjoys playing with Hitomi, train, and lay back on a tree branch.
Swords
Hitomi
Darkness
Outdoors
Friends
Annoying people
Hitomi hurt
Bad Shadow Benders
Hot days
Sweets
Almost forgot to mention these interesting things: I am able to use three katanas at the same time. My swords were all hand made by my father and I as it has Japanese writing that says "amongst the shadows".

p l a y e d __ b y __ Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:26 pm
User Image

"Sylver" The Yaksha "Doe"
"I fight so others do not have to."

I've been known as this since the day I was born: Sylver Kazuhira Doe
Though many folks tend to call me something else: Kaz, Syl, Boss, or JD but please call me Sylver
Many people celebrate this day: Twenty Eight
I tend to go for: Girls when I have the time
So it's natural that I like: Nobody has my eye yet.
We each have our own group, I'm a member of: Tetsu/Leader

Because of his Earth-Air Heritage Sylver had been considered almost bipolar to most people he meets. He can be stubborn, brash, charismatic, and kind as an Earth Bending Wrestler but yet he can also be as wise, kind, sensitive, and funny in the head as a Guru can be. But at times when he need to fight, he automatically springs into action now not as a man of the Earth Nation or Air Nation but one of a different Caliber. He comes forth as a leader whose willing to put their life on the line so that his followers can get to safety and he's done that quite a few times before in the past and so far it's worked. He's also a very lucky person.

Sylver is the son of an Earth Bender Father and an Air Nomad Mother. While this combination may seem disastrous at first it actually worked out really well for them. But the fighting how ever rested more on the way each parent wanted their son to be influenced. Sylver's mother wanted Sylver to become a Guru of great wisdom but Sylver's father wanted him to become a highly skilled and decorated warrior in the Earth Nation Army. This left a huge impact on Sylver and literally made him want to get away from all the pressure so he did.

How ever living alone was not as easy as he thought and in almost the first week he almost died in the middle of the uncharted Earth Nation Wilderness. It wasn't until he was found by a Guru that he had been saved. In the first few weeks they had spent together Sylver did not trust the Guru at all. But with time he came to trust him a little bit more and more. After telling the Guru why he had left the Guru believed that it perhaps was fate that they met as the Guru could bring balance to his life. So Sylver went under the Guru's wing so to speak and traveled with him to seek enlightenment from his plight.

As they went along Sylver learned many skills, like fighting with a Jutte and Sword, and as it turned out he's very good at it. By this point the strife in his left had been resolved and he was about to take on the life of a Guru instead. But it wasn't until he lost his master that changed that. On the day he died, the Guru said he had been attacked, but yet no one was really there by the way he told it. His last words were of a prophecy he had found but Sylver never understood it because it was written in a lost dialect of some sorts. After the Guru's passing Sylver remembered that his Guru was right about just about everything which made him cautious. He later formed Tetsu out of this fear that the Guru was right and now it has become a hugely successful organization.

How to kill time: Meditating, Leading my Companions, eating sweet foods, and smoking
Nature
Life
Smoking
Sweet Food
My old Guru
Fear that what will come to pass is the truth or not.
Bitter Foods
Onion and Banana Juice
Unnecessary Violence
Rotten Berries
Almost forgot to mention these interesting things:While most people believe that Sylver is actually not a bender. Rather he uses a Jutte and Katana. He could use them together but he never does and he needs something to hold his kiseru with.

p l a y e d __ b y __ iSnakeeyes

Marinalla

Hunter

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Marinalla

Hunter

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:47 pm
User Image

"Virgil" "Farren"
"Air always finds a way."

I've been known as this since the day I was born: Virgil Farren
Though many folks tend to call me something else: N/A
Many people celebrate this day: 17
So it's natural that I like: no one yet
That powerful skill of mine: Air/Sound
We each have our own group, I'm a member of: Loner

Because of his childhood and the way he was raised Virgil is usually calm, having been taught what could happen should he lose his temper and been shown the destructive power of Airbending. He's a naturally friendly person due to growing up somewhere that everyone knew everyone else, and because of this he also willing to help anyone that needs it. As with all Airbender's he holds every life as being precious, and so will only kill if he believes there is no other course of action, which is rare.

Raised in the new Air Temple, Virgil was trained in his Bending from an early age, and he learned quickly. He was never one for the monk lifestyle, instead training so he could defend his home in case of an attack. When the City was destroyed and the Nations thrown into war he found it suspicious that any of them would wish for war; the peace was prosperous for all. When the Nomads joined the war he refused to march with them, instead setting out on his own in an attempt to discover the truth behind the attack. However, before leaving he completed the 36 tiers of Airbending, becoming one of the youngest Masters. Since receiving the tattoos given to all Masters he has allowed his hair to regrow, hiding all but the tip of the arrow on his forehead.

How to kill time: Gliding, playing Airball, reading, practicing Airbending.
Like Reading
Like Animals
Like Large, open spaces
Like Freedom
Like Peace
Dislike/Fear Small spaces
Dislike/Fear Death
Dislike/Fear Meat
Dislike/Fear War
Dislike Fear Politics
Almost forgot to mention these interesting things: Virgil's Bending style is more aggressive than other Airbender's, but still less aggressive than the other Elements. He is able to control sound waves to an extent, increasing or decreasing the volume of sounds.

p l a y e d __ b y __ Faithfull Fire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:21 pm
User Image

"Lenalee" Lin "Lifen"
"You cannot end war with war, but instead, try to ease it with peace."

I've been known as this since the day I was born: Lenalee Lifen
Though many folks tend to call me something else: Lin
Many people celebrate this day: Twenty-Two
So it's natural that I like: My boyfriend, Raine Highwind
We each have our own group, I'm a member of: The Fire Nation because of Raine, but would like peace between all groups.

As I child, Lin was quiet and stoic, but has grown to be a graceful and outspoken young woman. She is quite sensitive and her feelings can be hurt quite easily, although she does her best to remain calm in any situation. She is very kind, preferring to be a peaceful person whom is always positive. Having a love for children, she is motherly and is unintentionally affectionate towards those she cares for. Quite naive for her age, she will often not recognize a dangerous situations or a bad person at once. Lin was taught by her mother to speak her mind and she does so, although she is careful not to step out of place. After having been raised in an orphanage and a poor child for some time, she still feels quite inferior to other's and is often intimidated by wealthy people. Around Raine, Lin feels more powerful than she does around other's and feels comfortable, whereas she is unused to being around strangers.

Lenalee, although she prefers to be called Lin was originally born to a very poor family in a small Fire Nation village. Her mother and father hardly able to afford feeding themselves yet alone a young child such as her. As such, when she was old enough to walk, she was sent to an orphanage in Fire Fountain City. The caretakers there however, were cruel and demeaning, forcing children to work in order to stay. During her childhood, she worked herself to the bone in order to get a decent meal on her plate and try to survive. When she was of ten years, a wealthy and elderly couple visited the orphanage, looking for a beautiful and quiet child that would be able to succeed them and inherit their vast fortune, as they could not conceive one at their age. At ten years, Lin was a thin and beautiful child, though the money that this family held, uninterested her. Sensing this in Lin, the couple adopted her and took her to their home on Ember Island.

It was on Ember Island that Lin learned etiquette and manners from her parents. She learned how to be a proper wife and how to hold herself as a wealthy woman in society. Her mother would educate her in the arts as well as mathematics, turning Lin into a very intelligent girl. From her father, she learned history and the tales of their ancestors. He told her stories of the old avatars and of how they maintained the peace in all the lands. Lin was always one to be engrossed in his stories, hanging on every word and hoping that one day, she would see the nations in peace once again.

However, her parents old age took a downturn as her mother died in her sleep and her father soon after, leaving Lin to inherit their estate and large fortune at only seventeen. Despite the money that would keep her sustained for the rest of her life, she lost the only parents she had ever really had and suddenly felt very alone. Soon, the garden that the three had tended to together had begun to grow wild and untidy, her home gathering dust from lack of cleaning. It was then that Raine came along, offering to help her tidy up in the estate for payment. Lin, whom was unused to such help from strangers would have turned him down, if not for a tugging feeling inside of her that prevented her from refusing his offer. In the time Raine had spent at her estate, Lin had grown close to him. Telling him stories of her childhood and of her parents, things that she had never shared with anyone else before. Lin had found herself falling in love with Raine.

When she learned he had to leave Ember Island, Lin knew that she would not be able to let him leave her side. She was still young and wanted to see the world with him, whereas nothing was waiting for her at home. Lin took all of her inheritance and left her home on Ember Island in order to be with Raine, her love. After he successfully overtook the throne and became the Fire Lord, Lin joined him in the palace. Although he is busy at times, she enjoys knowing that she is there to support him.

How to kill time: Lin enjoys painting in her free time, especially calligraphy She also enjoys music, though can rarely be able to find the time to listen to it, as she is always in the palace.
Raine
Beautiful Days
Children
Animals
Justice
Insects
Bodies of water, as she cannot swim
When Raine is upset
Stress
Being Ignored
Awful People
Almost forgot to mention these interesting things: Lin knows little to no combat at all, making her a very defenseless target for enemies. What she lacks in strength and combat however, she makes up for in speed and she is a very fast runner.

p l a y e d __ b y __ ll Vintage Nerd ll

Marinalla

Hunter

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Marinalla

Hunter

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:54 pm
User Image

Amora "Love" Zyphr
"Gentle like a breeze or strong as a hurricane."

I've been known as this since the day I was born: Amora Lolina Zyphr
Though many folks tend to call me something else: Love
Many people celebrate this day: 18
I tend to go for: Males only
So it's natural that I like: Dante Kotoshi, my childhood friend
That powerful skill of mine: Air
We each have our own group, I'm a member of: Team Avatar

Sweet, joyful, caring, and kind to those who deserve it. I'm also quite intelligent and try to stay confident but admittedly sometimes its hard. These are the traits of a lady. I do what I have to do but I hate being bossed around like I'm an idiot. And if you mention my height, I'll cut you down to size, then we'll see who's short. Oh, guess I'm a little fiesty too.

I'm the daughter of the leader of the air nomads, making me a princess of some sorts. I'm no peacock princess though, I can fight and handle myself very well in any situation. On a trip to Ba Sing Se when I was 7 was when I first met Dante. We had a lot of fun and even after I left we stayed in touch. We wrote letters and he even visited me at the sight of the original air temple once. He's my best friend, I don't know what I'd do without him. This war is stupid, almost as much as the hundred year war we got over so long ago. We should not keep blaming countries, I believe that who ever did this is a smaller group. There were many groups who profited during the war long ago that would love for new fighting to start up so they can line their pockets with more blood money. I want peace, but I'm not going to marry some noble for it. I'm joining the avatar. If the avatar stopped the fighting once, I'm sure the avatar will again.

How to kill time: Singing is one of my more occuring hobbies, the other being painting or playing my harp or flute.
Dante
Music
Flying
Flowers
The ocean
Loud noises
Spicy food
Rainy days
Fighting
Others in pain
Almost forgot to mention these interesting things: I use my air bending to bend sounds as well. Using the air current, I can make the sound travel directly to me. I call it 'whispering winds' and its a very useful skill.

p l a y e d __ b y __ Raniala Zyphr

Character Profiles

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas