Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Looking for DM for 3.5 game over Skype~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seiryna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:18 am
First off lemme say I am horrid at decribing what I want/am looking for over posts....

It's best to contact me directly via Skype, Skype Name: Aleanviir

Looking for a DM to DM a 3.5 game over Skype for a small group, 2-3 people or more if DM wants to DM for more. Looking for someone who can devote at least a few hours 2-3 nights a week or more, and has some DMing experience (the more the better, at least for me) Not looking for core game only stuff, I love fluff and creativeness, keeping it with in reason, also would prefer a more RP oriented game. You don't have to give me paragraphs, just enough to get the point across, or some huge well thought out plot/story lol.

Chars I'd use.
Felid Rogue (BoEF): Starting Level 1+
Lesser/Aasimar Cleric/Pale Master: Starting Level 6+

Chars I have that I'd love to use, but require a very knowledgeable DM
Succubus (RoW): Starting Level 1+
(Would not be cliche, would not be CE, would not be good, prolly NE at best, not a total slut, tho might be slightly flirty at times. Would play her as more the curious type, also would not flaunt what she is around, she'd try hard to hide it from PCs and everyone else. Would also be willing to do a small solo game with her, just to see how she'd play out. again contact me for more info.)

So yeah if you're even slightly interested in DMing, just wanna know more, or just swap stories/char ideas, feel free to contact me on Skype.

EDIT: I am EST~ just saying.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:54 am
Real time sessions haven't worked on here.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Seiryna

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:06 pm
Nor do Play by post games~ So your point is kinda moot, also I didn't really expect anyone to jump at it, since the Gaia community has really died, but I just thought I'd throw something up so the other person can't say nothing happened because I didn't do anything.

On a random and semi on topic point... I've actually had some pretty awesome RT sessions with people from gaia over Skype/MSN. So it does happen, just helps if everyone is from the same Time Zone, and cares more about playing D&D then posting for gaia gold XD

EDIT~
I also gave the other person that was bugging me like 10 other places to look around, so yes I know there are other/better to look for RT sessions.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:15 pm
Seiryna
Nor do Play by post games~ So your point is kinda moot

Nope, they are working perfectly fine. Don't think I am opposed to it. I am an advocate for online sessions but people on here don't seem to want to do it. (I have tried.)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:32 pm
personally I would love a game like that, but my freetime changes week to week mostly.... or even hourly sometimes  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:41 pm
Mongooseh
Seiryna
Nor do Play by post games~ So your point is kinda moot

Nope, they are working perfectly fine. Don't think I am opposed to it. I am an advocate for online sessions but people on here don't seem to want to do it. (I have tried.)

If you call taking 3 months to do what I can do in 10 mins in a real time game 'perfectly fine' then sure... Which even if that is the case, it'll never truly be D&D it lacks sooo much.
And yeah I've tried many times as well lol, tho honestly the hardest part for me if finding a DM that I like, and get along with. It's very hard to be creative and imaginative now days when most DMs (at least im my experience) just look at the book and expect it to give them all the answers.
Nothing wrong with Core only, or doing everything by the books...It's just not D&D and not how I wanna play. ^^'

just for the giggles and to slightly prove my point...My top 3 favorite reasons why DMs have quite DMing games I've been in.

#1: DM) Ok so you have to do everything by the book, and if it's not in the book you can't do it.
Me) ...How do I walk? or eat? or omg I can't breath! As non of that is in the books!

#2: (playing as a cleric) Okay I raise dead and make a zombie follower.
DM) Ok sure, you have the spell and all the stuff needed so no problem.
Me) I now buy a back pack for my zombie and have him to carry all my stuff around, since he's not gonna ever fight.
DM)... *explodes in a string of curses and yells at me for 20mins about how I can not make a Zombie carry anything, or put a back pack on it.*
Me)...well why can't I? It's under my command? it has a high str score, and it's humanoid...sooo where exactly does it say I can't, or by what logic?
DM) *gives up and quits DMing*

#3 (epic level game) DM) Ok so this is my boss you guys are now facing he's pretty tough just warning you.
Me) I sneak attack him! ...I need more Dice my Sneak attack does 90D6 applies damage twice, causes 16 points str damage, and the enemy doesn't know I've attacked till it's next turn.
DM) ... I hate rogues... *quits*

Southern_cross_nemesis
personally I would love a game like that, but my freetime changes week to week mostly.... or even hourly sometimes

Week to week is easier to work with, hourly not so much but who knows, if you have Skype toss me an invite and maybe if I get enough people a DM will show up lol.
Including me I have 2 people atm.  

Seiryna

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:50 pm
Seiryna

Southern_cross_nemesis

Week to week is easier to work with, hourly not so much but who knows, if you have Skype toss me an invite and maybe if I get enough people a DM will show up lol.

no, you didn't understand... I would love to dm a game like that... but, with my nephew my life can turn from good and calm to hurricane terror in a matter of seconds. not to mention the older members of my family  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:59 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
Seiryna

Southern_cross_nemesis

no, you didn't understand... I would love to dm a game like that... but, with my nephew my life can turn from good and calm to hurricane terror in a matter of seconds. not to mention the older members of my family

Still wouldn't hurt to send me an invite~ you never know, and if no game happens at least you'd have another person to talk about ideas and stuff with, plus I am always looking for people to talk with lol.
Also I know how it is <.<' it's like when my otherhalves sister randomly drops by and is like oh hi! here are my kids you don't mind watching for the weekend do you? no? ok bye!
You all need to stop being so negative about everything sheesh.  

Seiryna

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:51 pm
Seiryna
Southern_cross_nemesis
Seiryna

Southern_cross_nemesis

Still wouldn't hurt to send me an invite~ you never know, and if no game happens at least you'd have another person to talk about ideas and stuff with, plus I am always looking for people to talk with lol.
Also I know how it is <.<' it's like when my otherhalves sister randomly drops by and is like oh hi! here are my kids you don't mind watching for the weekend do you? no? ok bye!
You all need to stop being so negative about everything sheesh.
I know, I am working on getting an account... along with a long list of other things. I don't mean to be negative... besides you sound like me when I am trying to help someone else
I just live with my nephew... and is his babysitter when my brother has to work from 5 am to 9 pm 5 days a week. and the other times he wants me to do a thousand other things  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:08 pm
Play-by-post games work fine, and if you're playing D&D, you're playing D&D. There isn't any "it's not D&D" just because you don't personally like it. It is D&D. There is no right way or wrong way to play it. A pure combat-oriented game is still D&D, if you're playing D&D.

I'm not even sure why I'm responding to that, I think it just might be a pet peeve of mine for people to say "that isn't D&D!" or infer there is a way to play that is wrong, or isn't D&D.

As a side, I do feel sorry for your string of bad luck with DMs. I hope you manage to find a RT game that suits you. If I had the ability to do so, I'd probably consider running one, but I don't.  

Captain Ragnar Devonin
Crew

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces