Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Whizz Hard Books ~ Open! (Now Hiring!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:38 am
User Image

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Oᴡɴᴇʀ ᴏғ Wʜɪᴢᴢ Hᴀʀᴅ Bᴏᴏᴋs || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ || Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ

════════════════════════

Gearvin gestured for Lyre to take a seat and looked over her scores again when she asked if her lack of OWL scores would hurt her. Honestly, he couldn't say they would, considering that he hired his son who had dropped out of school in the same position she was applying for. He couldn't see anything harming her, unless her editing skills were not up to par. He clasped his hands together atop the papers and looked at her directly. "Miss Lutrix, I don't see how they could affect your capabilities in this office, as long as you have a sound grasp on the English language. Though, you sound like my son, who was always excited about school in one fashion or another. I would like to see a sample of your writing, however, and should that be sufficient for the position, then I would hire you on in a probationary position. Only for a month, and should you successfully get by that month without any significant difficulties, then you will be hired on full-time."

"I will say that I will not accept tardiness from you, and the code of dress for this business is professional, so if you have any issues with those requirements, then please speak up. Also, while you are on the premises, all employees are to act in a professional manner. The job itself is pretty simple in theory. You will evaluate manuscripts submitted by authors and work with them to produce quality literature for sale. Your salary is fixed, meaning you do not work on a commission, and you are allowed to take your work home with you as long as you understand that the documents you bring home are for your eyes only. You will get your own office as well, and you are permitted within reason to decorate it as you see fit as long as it is conducive for a good working environment."
                                                The Slytherin gave the girl a small smile, knowing how nervous she must feel. He wasn't exactly the most friendly of individuals, and he knew he could be intimidating if he so chose. "I expect a sample here at the end of the week if you need time to get that together. Other than that, I do not see any issues."

════════════════════════
                                                Thinking: A new applicant? Well now....
                                                OOC:

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:46 am
User Image
User Image

I've been awake for a while now. You've got me feelin' like a child now
'Cause every time I see your bubbly face I get the tingles in a silly place
The rain is falling on my window pane, but we are hiding in a safer place
Under covers staying safe and warm, you give me feelings that I adore

Lyre listened to the man, a small smile of relief on her face when he said her lack of scores wouldn't be a big issue. He mentioned that she was like his son, whom had always had a drive to do well in school. He said she had to have a firm grasp on the English language, which she figured was a given, and she was informed that her first month would be probationary. She gave a small nod as he began to describe the duties and details, paying close attention. "I do not believe any of that will be a problem. I do try to dress and behave professionally at all times, and hold myself to that standard. I believe I can work quite well with others, as I have no record of doing the opposite. As far as it comes to a writing sample, I happen to have a few of my essays, and a speech I wrote for graduation at the high school I attended. I do hope that will be sufficient, but if it is not so, I can easily write something up by the end of the week." She grabbed a folder out of the bag she had brought with her, offering it over to the man. There were five packets of papers, each paperclipped to separate them from one another. Her eyes were wide, excitement clear from her expression. This could very well be a dream come true!

Diamond Wales

It starts in my toes, makes me crinkle my nose, wherever it goes
I always know that you make me smile
Please stay for a while, now just take your time, wherever you go
It starts in my soul and I lose all control
When you kiss my nose the feeling shows
'Cause you make me smile, Baby, just take your time
Now holdin' me tight

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:39 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Married to Christopher Whitethorne
                                                          Looking Sweet at Whizz Hard Books with - - -
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Cold
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ C'mon, Spring, any day now... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

whєnєvєr, whєrєvєr ❀ ❀ ❀xxx
                                                          wє'rє mєαnt tσ вє tσgєthєr ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxx
                                                          í'll вє thєrє αnd чσu'll вє nєαr ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxx
                                                          αnd thαt's thє dєαl, mч dєαr ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAdalaide stepped into the shop with a faint shiver, trying to shake off the chill that'd set in her bones on the way over. It really shouldn't still have been so damned cold outside. The twins birthday had been three days ago (and how exactly were they already a year old?!). It was March. Early March, but still... it should be warming up. She didn't even know why she'd decided to walk to Diagon, other than that she could probably use the exercise. She didn't get very much, after all, unless carrying her kids all over their teeny flat counted. Still, she should've waited a few weeks before deciding to get outside and hoof it anywhere. But, she'd wanted out of the house for a bit, and Chris was working from home tonight, but he'd realized just before falling asleep that he'd left some papers he needed on his desk. He'd said that it wasn't a big deal, he'd just work from the office, but she'd been a bit insistent that he stay home. She was insistent about that rather a lot lately, what with... well, she was trying not to really think of the reason why. The point was, she wanted him home as much as possible, and really, it wasn't that much trouble for her to pop in and grab what he needed while he was asleep, especially since she had the day off. He'd probably assumed she would apparate and not walk, of course, and would've likely told her it was too much trouble if he'd known, but she didn't particularly care. And anyway, she hadn't meant to walk it when she'd told him she'd come for it, now, had she? It'd been a spur of the moment decision... which she now somewhat regretted. Oh, well. At least he would be home tonight. That made it worth it, she thought.

spaceThe Hufflepuff fluffed her hair out a bit, still attempting to dispel the air of winter clinging to her, and then headed towards the back, taking out the key to his office. She hadn't actually ever stopped by the shop in the day, she didn't think, but she'd been by at night often enough that she knew where to go. She wondered briefly if Mr. Whitethorne was in, and considered checking in to say hello, but figured he was more than likely busy. Besides, in spite of the fact that he was actually family now, she hadn't quite shaken that level of awkwardness with the man, and had no idea how to talk to him. Especially not one-on-one. Maybe if she'd brought the twins along, she'd have popped in so he could see his grandchildren, but just her? There didn't seem to be any reason to bother with it, other than to be polite. Which she supposed was a good enough reason, but, unless he noticed her presence, it wasn't like he'd ever know. And she wasn't avoiding him, anyway, just... she couldn't think of a real reason to say hello. As she walked, she hummed lightly to herself, thinking that the shop really did look rather different when there was actual daylight coming in through the windows.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❀ ❀ ❀ thínk σut lσud, sαч ít αgαín
                                                          xxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ tєll mє σnє mσrє tímє
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ thαt чσu'll lívє lσst ín mч єчєs

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:58 pm
User Image
User Image
єdítσr fσr whízz hαrd вσσksdαtíng хαvíєr níchσlsσn

Lyre was hard at work during her usual shift, since Chris, her coworker, had yet to work a day shift. Perhaps he had another job, or maybe he was allergic to sunlight. She figured she'd have to ask next time she saw him. Her typewriter clacked as she re-typed several pages, then her pen mad occasional scribbles. The young woman hummed, pondering just what was going through this writer's head as he typed, noting both typos and wild inconsistencies. Finally, she decided to get up and stretch her legs, when she heard the front door. The redhead walked out, a bit of hair curling down, having fallen from her bun. She blinked at the blonde, watching her head toward Chris' office. "Is there any way I can help you, Ma'am?" Hopefully it wasn't another violently long manuscript. She was going insane as is.

{Away from Editing: You wrote a long post, I wrote derp. xD}
Cara MiaKitty

Now holdin' me tight

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:33 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Cold
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceAdalaide jumped faintly at the appearance of the other woman, letting out a small shriek. A bit of an over-reaction, yes, but then, she wasn't used to anyone being inside the shop other than herself and Chris. She took a deep breath and shook her head at herself, chuckling. "Sorry, you surprised me," she said. The blonde looked the woman over for a brief second, realizing that she worked here. She vaguely remembered Chris mentioning his father hiring someone, but it hadn't really registered. She hadn't expected to run into anyone at the shop, except perhaps her father-in-law, or maybe Eretria. "You must be... Lyre, right? It is Lyre? I was just grabbing something for Chris," she said with a small smile. Then, realizing she'd skipped out on some rather important information, she shook her head again, waving her hand distractedly. "Sorry, I should clarify! I'm Adalaide, Chris' wife. He was going to work from the house tonight, but left something behind on his desk. I came by to pick it up for him," she informed the redhead. There was the faintest flutter in her chest when she referred to herself as Chris' wife, something that happened pretty much every time she did so. She still wasn't quite used to it, and was more than a little in awe of the fact that they were married. Besides that, it wasn't like she had many chances to introduce herself as such; she was pretty sure she already knew everyone he knew. Most of whom she'd met before they were married, or at the wedding... actually, this might be the first time she'd actually introduced herself as such to a stranger. Every other time she'd outright said it, it'd been... well, there'd been That Night, which she didn't particularly care to think on, and then various moments where she'd referenced such with their friends. But... no, this was probably the first time she'd actually said "hi, I'm his wife" to someone. Hell, no wonder her heart had fluttered. She was a sap, after all.

User Image

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:03 pm
User Image
User Image

Lyre jumped when the blonde did, though she had much less reason. The blonde apologized, and the other waved it off. "It's fine. I didn't mean to startle you." She smoothed the skirt of her dress, looking prim as usual. Thoughts whirred in her head as to the identity of the girl. When identified as Lyre, she nodded. "That's me. Lyre Lutrix. Pleased to meet you." She wondered next what she needed from Chris' office, but she said she was his wife, and that he was working from home. A grin touched the redhead's lips, a twinkle in her eyes. "Tch. I wish I could work from home. Too bad that my aunt has her blasted stereo playing all hours. It's quite difficult to sleep, much less work. I wish him luck in home-working, but I'm sure you're good to him while he's working." She chuckled, feeling a tinge jealous of the male for being able to work away from the office once in a while. "You'll have to say hello for me. I'm not usually in after dark, so I don't get to spend much time chatting with him. Not to mention that I'm usually quite busy. That never helps." She grinned, then tucked her loose strand of hair back under a pin. She pondered what to say next, but she wasn't sure, since she'd never met Chris' wife before. His dad, yes, but his wife was news to her.

{Away from Editing:}
Cara MiaKitty

Now holdin' me tight

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:58 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Cold
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceAdalaide was honestly sort of proud of herself for remembering the girl's name, given that she thought Chris had only mentioned it once or twice, in passing. She didn't recall him ever really saying anything about his co-worker, which wasn't surprising, given that they worked opposite hours. She doubted if they'd really seen much of each other. She chuckled at the woman's wistfulness, shrugging. "I'm not sure our place is any more relaxing than yours, to be honest. We have twin one-year-olds. They're quiet, for infants... but that's not really saying much," she said with a smile. 'Quiet' was something of a subjective term when one was talking about babies, after all. Zach and Desi were certainly quieter than Sebastian had been, for instance... but they still cried. A lot. "And, I try. Though, I'm usually in bed pretty early. I have to be up early for work. I mostly just make sure he's fed," she said, flushing faintly. She didn't think she sounded like a particularly devoted wife, but then, it wasn't like she could stay up twenty-four hours all the time. Her job wasn't exactly easy, to say nothing of caring for the kids. She was usually ready to crawl into bed no later than eleven, and was out like a light in less than ten minutes. The fact that he woke her up shortly before dawn more nights than not didn't exactly help, though obviously she wasn't complaining. "But, I'll be sure to tell him you said hello. I'm not surprised you haven't spoken much. Sometimes I feel like I barely get to talk to him, and I live with the guy," she said, laughing a bit. It was certainly better than before the wedding, of course. Pumpkin being around was a godsend. She didn't quite know what'd possessed Deveron to give them the elf for a wedding present, but far be it for her to complain about something that made life so much easier. Especially since it freed up at least a bit of time for her to be with Chris.

User Image

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:06 pm
User Image
User Image

Lyre pondered Ada's words, until the blonde said she and Chris had twin babies at home. "I suppose I should stop complaining then, shan't I? I'm sure they're lovely. I've wanted kids for a while, but that's not a viable option at the time, sadly." She smiled at the girl, then had a pang of longing to see Xavier again soon, wherever he was. It hurt her hart to keep away from him, but she hadn't been able to find him. Ada spoke about going to bed early, and that she just made sure Chris was fed. "I'm sure you do more than simply keep him fed. You seem like you're a good mother and wife. I'll bet you do more than you think, even if it is just emotional support. That can be the most important!" She smiled, knowing the difficulties of children, though secondhandedly, and the importance of a nice emotional boost every little while. Ada said she'd tell Chris hello, and the redhead grinned. "I would appreciate it. I don't see him because he only ever works nights, and that's when I sleep. I'm not a vampire, after all! Sleep is quite important. Though.. too much sun burns my skin, which stinks." She chuckled, not realizing the dual edge to her words. She liked Chris, for what little she'd spoken to him, and she figured Ada was a nice woman as well.

Cara MiaKitty

Now holdin' me tight

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:22 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Gearvin was coming from retrieving something from the back when he saw Adalaide and Lyre talking in the hallway. He couldn't hear what his daughter-in-law was saying, but he did hear Lyre say something about not seeing someone because they didn't work nights and her claim she wasn't a vampire. His mind immediately went to his son, and wondered exactly who Lyre spoke of. He doubted it was about his som however and walked up, cocking an eyebrow at the two women. "Miss Lutrix, has Adalaide been bothering you, or is this a social visit? I didn't think you knew each other. Adalaide, how are the twins? I have yet to come by the flat lately to see them. I trust everything is going well?" He was curious about what Adalaide was doing there, after all. He didn't often see her in the shop, after all. He figured it was more due to the fact that Christopher usually was pretty good about keeping his private life and his work separate.

════════════════════════
                                                Thinking: What's Adalaide doing here?
                                                OOC:

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

Miss GryffindorK

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:12 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Cold
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceAdalaide's grinned widened in amusement at Lyre's comment on her children. "Oh, they're wonderful... I love them to pieces. I just also wish that I could have a nap every now and again," she said with a snicker. Lyre saying that children weren't a viable option for her right now provoked a small, sympathetic sort of sound from the blonde, but she didn't say anything. It wasn't as though her own children had seemed like a 'viable option' at the time, after all, and she didn't know what exactly about the woman'd circumstances made her think that having some of her own wasn't possible. She did appreciate Lyre saying she was probably a good mother and wife, though the comment on being emotionally supportive left her feeling a little hollow. She hoped the redhead was right, otherwise... Again, she shut the thought out before it could fully form. Now was not the time to think about that. It wouldn't do for her to get upset and start sobbing all over a perfect stranger. Besides, it wasn't like she could really tell anyone much of anything about it... not without telling them what Chris had done, and she would never, ever tell a soul about that. His own shame over doing it was reason enough in her mind, to say nothing of the multitude of others she had for not telling anyone.

spaceThe Hufflepuff barely managed to school her expression when Lyre said she wasn't a vampire, blanching ever so slightly. It could be nothing, she reasoned, just an off-hand comment. Lots of people make jokes about vampires when talking about staying up all night, after all. But, the way she's phrased it, Ada couldn't be sure... She doubted if Chris would've told the woman, though, he never told anyone. And if Chris hadn't, Ada was certain none of his family had. None of them would do that to him. But, there were other ways for people to find out, after all... Ada knew there were rumors, hell, that had been how Damien'd figured it out. The safest thing, she knew, was to continue the conversation as if Lyre didn't know. Hell, if Lyre did know, she had to know that Ada did, too. She was Chris' wife. Of all the people who'd know, she was at the top of the list, right? Which meant that it wasn't really Ada's responsibility to figure out if Lyre knew... it was Lyre's to fess up if she did.

spaceThe entire thought process took perhaps a second longer than would've been normal for her to pause after Lyre had finished speaking, but Ada didn't really get a chance to respond. Gearvin appeared, asking if she was bothering Lyre, which Ada thought she might've found somewhat offensive if she didn't know the man as well as she did. Besides, his tone didn't seem particularly antagonistic. Perhaps a bit disapproving, but it wasn't like she'd been intending to keep the redhead from her work. Ada smiled at him apologetically. "Oh, Chris left something on his desk, I came by to get it for him so he'd have it when he got up. I think Lyre probably intercepted me because she didn't know what I was doing heading towards the back; strange woman she's never met trying to get into her coworkers office, probably looked odd," she said breezily. Unsurprised that he asked about the twins, she smiled, shrugging. "They're fine. Getting more talkative by the day. I think some of our friends are taking bets on what their first words will be. Though, you're welcome to come by any time, you know." This last bit was said with a bit of bewilderment, mostly because she didn't quite know why exactly she saw so little of the man. Anytime they were in each other's presence, sans the babies, he asked about them, and yet she probably saw him less than any of the rest of their family, except perhaps Eretria. "I realized as soon as I walked in, though, I could've brought them with me to see you. But I walked over from the flat and didn't feel like getting them out in the cold. And I didn't intend to distract you," she said, nose crinkling somewhat in amusement. It seemed she'd failed somewhat on that front; actually, she was pretty sure she was cutting into everyone's productivity right now, which hadn't been her intention by a long shot. Even if she'd popped her head in to say hi to Gearvin, that would've probably been the end of it. She hadn't meant to anything beyond come in, get the papers, and head home. Oops.

User Image

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:35 pm
User Image
User Image

Lyre smiled when Ada spoke more of her twins. It seemed like such a wonderful thing to be a parent, and the blonde had gotten lucky to have two little ones. All at once, Gearvin popped out of his office, making the redhead jump... again. "Hello Gearvin. Ada and I were just chatting, since I'm taking a mental break from that manuscript. And no, we didn't know each other prior to about ten minutes ago." She grinned, letting those two talk about who she realized to be Gearvin's grandbabies. Holy moly. Ada said that her kids were getting more and more chatty, so Lyre offered a smile. When the blonde said she should have brought the twins, a thought popped into Lyre's head about meeting two little ones. "It would have been nice to meet them, that's a certainty." She grinned, feeling a little upset by the fact that she wasn't spending her break babbling with little toddlers. Oh well. It was a bit too chill to bring babies outside without proper reason.

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Now holdin' me tight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:44 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Gearvin's eyebrows rose, which he glanced over at Adalaide when Lyre mentioned meeting the babies. Desiree and Zachary were, like their father, a bit hard to conceal their rather unique heritage. He didn't know if Lyre would recognize them for what they were, but there was the chance. Thankfully he figured Adalaide could avoid that bit of suggestion if she so wished. Gearvin however nodded at Lyre's reasoning for taking a break. "I am pretty sure that not all manuscripts happen to be easy, nor are all of them hard. It is a good idea to step away from them if you need to get a fresh head before you make mistakes. Also, Adalaide, I do not blame you for not wishing to bring the twins out into this weather. Christopher's mother was much the same way with the twins when they were first born. She was certain that they would catch pneumonia should they stay out in the cold for too long." When Adalaide suggested that she could have brought the babies to see him, Gearvin waved a hand, shaking his head a bit as a small smile graced his features. "Oh, no, I should come by to visit more often. Considering Christopher's usual schedule and my own, sometimes that can be a monumental task unto itself. I would just require myself to set up a date I can come by. Sadly, it would seem rather impersonal for me to do, but work and other obligations prevent it from being any other way."

════════════════════════
                                                Thinking: What's Adalaide doing here?
                                                OOC:

Miss GryffindorK

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:16 am
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Looking Sweet at Whizz Hard Books with Lyre, Gearvin
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Cold
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx

spaceAdalaide smiled faintly as Gearvin and Lyre have essentially the same conversation she'd had with Chris many a time concerning the quality, or lack thereof, of some of the manuscripts he'd had to edit since he'd started working for his father. It was sort of funny to see how universal the sentiment was. She'd never really looked any of them over, but she'd seen more than enough scribbles in the margins to know that sometimes, editing was a pain. She greatly preferred her plants, really. But, maybe that was because she was more of a 'do it' person than a 'think about it' one. She liked getting her hands dirty... something she had an insanely hard time picturing her father-in-law ever doing. Actually, the thought of it was almost amusing.

spaceShe was torn from the mental image when he addressed her and her concerns over the twins. She nodded with a faint grin. "Hm, yeah, I don't fancy letting them get sick, you know? Desiree's bad enough when she's running a bit of a fever, I can only imagine if she were legitimately ill. She's fussy enough as it is," she said with a roll of her eyes. Lyre's comment, that she would've liked to meet the twins, was met with a small, somewhat guarded smile. Obviously, Ada avoided taking the twins out for a reason; it wasn't anything to worry about if people kept their distance, but when did people ever keep their distance from babies? Especially with Ada being so delicate-looking. She was fairly certain people saw her, assumed she was friendly and sweet and who only knows what else and that she wouldn't have a single issue with them cooing at her babies. They were wrong, obviously, and not even because of the twin's vampire parentage. Ada simply didn't like perfect strangers around her babies. But, Lyre wouldn't exactly qualify as a perfect stranger. "They're a bit shy, I'm afraid," she said easily. Not technically a lie; neither of her kids cared for strangers any more than she did. "And, well, they've inherited their father's sun allergy, so I don't generally take them out much at an hour when people are out and about. It's a fair bit of the reason I didn't bring them today, along with the cold," Also not a lie; Chris' sensitivity to sunlight could technically be taken as an allergy... if you didn't mind stretching the truth from one end of the country to the other. And the twins had in fact inherited that trait, though obviously not so strongly. They did burn easily, though, a discovery she hadn't been particularly surprised about. If Lyre pressed the subject, of course, Ada would happily introduce her to the twins... provided she accepted that she could not hold them under any circumstances. Typically, they didn't run into an issue if a person didn't hold either of them... it was once they were in someone's arms that problems arose. Mostly because, yes, on occasion, they did happen to bite. With fangs. Tiny, adorable baby fangs. That normal people would probably positively freak out over seeing. That trait alone was the only thing that Ada could see giving the kids away, at least this young, but it was enough that she took precautions.

spaceShe almost snorted at Gearvin's statement that scheduling a time for him to visit his grandchildren would seem impersonal. "Actually, if you wanted to pencil in a time to see them, that would be absolutely fine with me. I wish I could get everyone else to do the same; maybe I'll start booking appointments. It'd certainly be less of a headache than the constant bombardment of unexpected company." And, for all of a second, she honestly considered it... before admitting to herself that it would absolutely never, ever work, because half their friends would completely and utterly ignore the scheduled times. Hell, her own grandmother would ignore it. The woman couldn't be bothered to call ahead on her way over, and she had to drive from Ottery St. Catchpole, for crying out loud! Not that Adalaide wanted Oma driving and talking on the phone, but hell, it was hardly the most reckless of behaviors she'd engaged in over the years. "If you like, pick one of the nights Chris is working from home in the next week or so, come by early evening. I'll cook," she told Gearvin with a smile. She wondered if it was rude to make such plans while in a conversation that wasn't just between the two of them, but it wasn't like she could backtrack and not say it. Nor could she invite the redhead; until she knew if she was privy to the family secret, the woman couldn't be in her flat. There were too many opportunities to see something she shouldn't.

User Image

Miss GryffindorK

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:29 pm
User Image
User Image

Lyre nodded at her boss, knowing firsthand that some manuscripts were horrible, terrible works of writing. "Yes Sir. I'll make sure to keep a fresh mind in place. I just need to think about it a bit." She nodded, then sighed, letting her hair down. She stretched, then leaned against the wall, listening to the other two discuss children. It made her upset thinking that she'd been here a year, and had yet to run into Xavier again. Maybe he'd fled town? She'd have to find someone and ask. Violet eyes flicked back and forth to watch the two, a small frown set on her lips. She was glad for Adalaide and Chris, but part of her, a small part, was jealous for the family she wasn't able to have.

{Away from Editing: Did my best! xD}
Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Now holdin' me tight

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:52 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

XXXXXⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXPre fectXXXXX⒟⒜⒯⒤⒩⒢ Echo Lovette

All my friends, they’re different people
Anxious like the ocean in a storm
When we go out, yeah, we’re electric
Coursing through our bodies ’til we’re one

Tanya had been apparated to Diagon Alley by her mother along with her little brother but everyone had a different purpose. Her Mum was going to the apothecary to get new ingredients seedlings, Timothy was heading to (surprise surprise!) the bookstore to cash in his "one free book" voucher or something as well as probably hang out with his friend, and she was walking head on into the Dragon's lair. Ok, that probably wasn't fair nor was it practical thinking since she wasn't the one facing the inquisition, but she couldn't help it! Even though she knew that her Dad couldn't force her to break up with Echo if he didn't find him worthy (and wasn't that just plain idiotic) but he could definitely strain their relationship. Hopefully he wouldn't remember or at least wouldn't comment about how the two of them met two years ago at the train station. Maybe. If she were really lucky. She sighed to herself and just kept walking along the path towards the store and took a quick pause outside to make subtle arrangements to her person before going inside. Hair, nice and bouncy, boobs strategically concealed, skirt was of appropriate length, shoes were unscuffed, barely a hint of makeup, she was ready! However, was Echo? She was pretty sure he had heeded her warning to not wear anything zombie or horror related, he knew how intimidating Gearvin could be. And that had been without provocation, now they were dating! He could sneeze and suddenly be sent away to the bleeding South Pole! Nopenopenope, don't think like that! Everything was going to be fine! They were going to meet, he was going to think Echo was a simple, nice young man, and then the two of them could spend the rest of the day in Diagon doing whatever. Nothing was going to go wrong.
                                                      It still didn't hurt to pray.

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

I said ooh, ooh
You got me in the mood, mood
I’m scared
But if my heart’s gonna break before the night will end
I said, ooh, ooh we’re in danger
Sleeping with a friend, sleeping with a friend

Meet the DragonWhere: Whizz Hard BooksWith: EchoThinking: We can do this we can do this we can do this!OOC

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff