Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Whizz Hard Books ~ Open! (Now Hiring!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:23 am
I'm in HERE, can anybody SEE me?
Can anybody HELP?
I'm in HERE, a prisoner of HISTORY,
Can anybody HELP?

BERNADETTE MORGAN ALDRED
PROUD MUGGLEBORN
FORMER RAVENCLAW
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Can't you hear my call: Concerned | Are you coming to get me now: She sure told him! | I've been waiting for you to come rescue me: Fiona, Nicole, and Shamus | I need you to hold all the sadness I can not, living inside of me: Whizz Hard Books
Wearing

Bernadette's expression grew concerned as she, too, listened to the conversation. The young man was being a finicky little part, even if he didn't realize it. She was debating whether to say something when Fiona interceded and told him off. Judging by Nicole's apparent anxiety, men made her nervous. There was probably a reason for that, but the former Ravenclaw wasn't one to pry. "Generally it's considered good manners to say please," she said dryly, her sarcastic side so similar to her daughter's revealing itself.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.

I'm in HERE, I'm trying to tell you SOMETHING,
Can anybody HELP?
I'm in here, I'm calling OUT but you can't HEAR,
Can anybody HELP?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:19 am
User Image
User ImageNicole Cherri User Image

Nicole blush intensified as the male customer instructed her to stop mumbling and for a split second she felt back into the abusing arms of her husband. Every bone in her body felt the instinct to run and hide her children from their father's wrath when she was awakened from her nightmare by Fiona's angry Scottish brogue telling off the young man and by the other woman's sarcastic retort. A tiny ball of warmth filled Nicole as both women, women she just met!, stood up for her. "T-thank you ladies, I-I'm sure your words were kindly noted. And I'll be right back out with your volume sir." she responded kindly and quietly. For some reason the mother of two wasn't particularly angry at the young customer, in all honesty she felt like he was another kindred spirit; still not used to the outside world but forced to assimilate into it. Had it not been for her children Nicole was sure she would have been as jaded and antisocial and this poor young man. Those thoughts in mind she took back the Welsh copy and brought back another in French her pleasant smile still in force.

Wearing: Work | Where: Whizz Hard Books | With: A male customer | Feeling: Still slightly anxious but better | OOC:

Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:28 am
A Slytherin that hates people?
Oh THAT's a new idea...

User Image

####.....Shamus was beyond startled. He did not know what he had done to revive such an adverse reaction. His social phobia rearing its ugly head. He backed away to the wall slightly. He snatched the book. He glared and huffed. He mumbled under his breath again about crazy hormonal women. But. He felt slight fear. He pulled out his money. " Here. Take it....sorry for any inconvenience I have caused...Miss." He looked k we at the women that had gotten angry with him and scoffed. But, as rude as it seemed, it was shaky in a rather vivid way. He looked like he just wanted to escape. He turned his body even more away from the women. He did not comment to the women as he had no idea what to say. He would escape soon.

A Slytherin that hates Snakes and the color green?
Odd enough for You?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:42 pm
User Image
User ImageNicole Cherri User Image

Nicole instantly felt bad for the young man seeing him jump and move away from the two woman who had nearly jumped down his throat for being rude. She took the money from his and offered him a sincere warm smile. "It was no inconvenience, really. Take care and have a nice day." The poor man looked like a caged animal the way he stood away from the women and was about to bolt at any moment.

Wearing: Work | Where: Whizz Hard Books | With: A male customer | Feeling: Sympathetic | OOC:

Nicole~Tomato
Tanya~Violet
Tim~Grey

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:18 am
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Tired at Whizz-Hard Booksspace
CURRENTLY // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Chrisspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Tired, Happyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'No sense heading home just yet...' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀ I'm trying to remember why I was afraid
To be myself and let the covers fall away.
❀ ❀ ❀
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceAdalaide apparated to the streets of Diagon Alley straight from Hogsmeade, and managed to wind her way down the mostly-empty street to Whizz-Hard books without much trouble. She'd never actually stopped by the shop before, despite knowing it was owned by her boyfriend's father... or perhaps because she did. She still found the idea of meeting the man a bit intimidating. He was the sort of man who'd tried to match his sons up with girls with strong bloodlines and old names... her name was old, but her bloodline was a bit diluted, what with her having a muggle mother and all. She sighed at that thought. She'd have to meet the man eventually. She just hoped it didn't turn into a problem.

spaceRight now, though, she was here to see Chris. It was after dark, at least an hour past sunset, so she hoped that he'd be inside, working on something. She'd thought maybe it wasn't cool to bother him at work... but she'd been working all day and wanted to see him! And besides, she didn't have to hang around. She could just pop in, say hi, chat a bit, then head home. She just... didn't want to go home just yet, she supposed. Now that she had the freedom to apparate and could come and go as she pleased... well, she found herself going quite a bit. Not anywhere special; just wandering around London, hanging out in Diagon Alley. Being out of the house. She'd been sheltered so much as a child that being able to just wander around... was sort of cool, really.

spaceGlancing at her shoes and noting that Mr. Whitethrone might not like her tracking dirt in, she took out her wand and did a few quick spells to clean herself off. Then, she tossed her hair over her shoulder, tucked the loose bits behind her ears, and knocked on the door, figuring that, even if her knock had been a bit quiet, if Chris were inside, he'd hear. Vampire senses and all. She found herself feeling pretty thankful for that fact; after all, she'd hate to start pounding on the shop door and annoy someone else. Diagon Alley's shops were all built rather close to one another, after all, and noises tended to echo. It was hard to hear when there were a hundred or more people milling about, but tonight she'd heard the clunking of her boots on the stone road as she'd walked, and noticed how very loud it had sounded. Noises bouncing around and echoing, underscoring how very quiet the night was... quiet and calm. But broken up by the smallest noises. So, she didn't want to be the reason that someone had to poke their head out from their apartment over a shop and ask people to quiet down. It'd be rude... and embarrassing. She stood outside the shop rather awkwardly, hoping she hadn't wasted a trip. What if he'd stayed home tonight, or was off doing something? He only had so many hours he could be mobile, after all.

❀ ❀ ❀ I guess I never had someone like you
                                                          To help me, to help me fit in my skin
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:02 pm
User Image
                                                        There are many things that I would
                                                        Like to say to you
                                                        But I don't know how

User Image

Chris sat at his desk and stretched, working out the kinks in his back and neck as he looked down at this manuscript he was supposed to be working on. Supposed to be being the key words there. There were enough errors in the thing, and the length needed to be worked on, and it was creating a headache for the young vampire. He sighed, rubbing his forehead as he examined the manuscript, before shoving it away and looking through the drapes out to the night. It was a much different scene he was seeing, since he'd been used to being in Hogsmeade for several years before coming back home, and he honestly missed the stars out at night.

Sighing, he dropped the drape back, thinking that he really ought to get something to eat, when he heard a knock at the shop's front door. He frowned, already clenching his jaw. This was the Dragon Clan's headquarters, and he didn't like the idea of someone so late at night coming to call. The last thing he needed was a vampire hunter or worse, a rogue vampire, deciding to invade and make short work of his clan. He walked cautiously out into the main desk area, ready to make short work of whoever was at the door and not needing to turn on a light to see. Best thing about nightvision, he supposed. It wasn't until he got close to the door that he paused, eyebrows shooting up in surprise. Ada? He could smell her scent, mised in with the shampoo she used, on the other side of the door. Letting out a breath he didn't even realize he'd held, or had even really needed, he walked forward and opened the door.

He blinked. Ada was dressed interestingly enough. He gave her a smile and stepped back, glancing over and quickly lighting a sconce on the wall to give the place some light. He didn't need it, but his girlfriend did. Kind of worked that way when she was human after all."Ada. This is a bit of a surprise. What are you doing here? I don't think you're here to drop off a manuscript, are you? Kind of odd thing to do this late at night." It was a lame attempt at humour, but then again, he wasn't quite trying. He looked around, thinking he should get her something, like a glass of water.

--------------------------
                                                        Location: Whizz Hard Books
                                                        State: At work
                                                        OOC: ...

Because maybe
                                                        You're gonna be the one that saves me
                                                        And after all
                                                        You're my wonderwall

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:50 pm
User Image

❀ ❀ ❀

spaceAdalaide stepped into the shop, grateful when he immediately light one of the sconces so she could see. Had he been sitting around in the dark? She supposed it wasn't so dark to him, but still, that was a bit... odd. Maybe he'd just not wanted anyone to know there was somebody inside. Or had been in another room. That probably made more sense, she thought, wanting to shake her head at herself. She was rather silly sometimes. She looked down at her boots to be absolutely certain that they were clear of dirt before she allowed herself to move more than a couple of paces in, and then gave him a small smile. "No, no manuscript. I just got off work and thought I'd come see you. Although, if I were dropping of one, I'd most definitely be doing it at night while you were here." Wasn't that the truth. She most certainly would not be dropping anything off to anyone else... again, she noted how very, very nervous she was about the fact that she'd be meeting Chris' father eventually. She wondered if he were putting that off, as well, or just hadn't thought of it... surely not, though? Although if he were putting it off... she shoved that thought away before she could start to make herself worry.

spaceShe offered her boyfriend a tired smile, hand going to her hair again to try and brush back a few loose strands that'd managed to fall. She really needed to take it down and put it back up, but she didn't have a hairbrush with her. She could use magic, but it seemed more trouble than it was worth. Which was odd, since brushing her hair would be more work, but then, she liked brushing her hair. "Uh, I just wanted to stop by. Since I could. I mean, figured it'd be easier to see you now that transportation's not an issue. But, if you're busy, I can go. I just wanted to say hi." She flushed at that. He might've been working on something, after all. She didn't want to distract him or make him feel like he had to neglect his work to spend time with her. But... well, she hadn't seen him in a bit, and her birthday had been last week, after all. A whole week, and she still hadn't come to see him... she'd been too busy, or too tired after work. But today had been mostly easy, so she had a bit of energy. Figured she'd take advantage of that fact.

spaceShe stood, somewhat awkwardly. She hadn't even moved in for the usual hug this time, mostly because she wasn't sure if he was about to send her off. If he did, she'd hug him goodbye, hopefully get a kiss, but at the moment, she rather felt like she might be intruding. Gah, she hadn't felt this awkward around him in a while. Maybe she should've asked him what nights he was off and come to see him at home... or tried to meet him in the early evening before he went to work one day. Still, too late to go back now. Ah, well. She'd just have to see what happened. And hope the surprise was a good one.

❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:22 am
User Image
                                                        Like to say to you
                                                        But I don't know how

User Image

Chris listened to her and his eyebrows shot up into his hairline as she stated that she could come back if he was busy. He shook his head, trying to disabuse her of that notion. "Oh no, you're fine. I have a light assignment, and it's not really due until later. Like, end of next week later. Mostly it's just lengthy, and I don't know if the guy knows what proofreading is. Pretty sure half of the mistakes in it could have been caught before it came in, at any rate." He rubbed the back of his head, feeling bad for complaining about his job to his girlfriend, but at the moment, he and she were the only ones in the shop. His father had gone home for the night earlier that evening, and Chris was stuck with locking up. Which, to be honest, made the shop basically a twenty-four hour shop. Well, except weekends, but that was because his father refused to have the place open. Bad enough he had to work late most nights, so any break he could get was a good one. Chris, well, he tried to help as much as he could, but was still learning the shop as a whole. He couldn't help much even if he tried.

He then blinked as he realized he had missed one important date. He'd totally forgotten that Ada just turned seventeen, and a palm met his forehead with a resounding slap as realization hit. Well, this was awkward. He had gotten her something, but had wanted to give it to her in person. Now, it was sitting up in his and Chalmes' flat, which did him no good as he was effectively in another part of London. Lovely how timing worked. "And I didn't realize you would be coming over, otherwise I would have brought your present with me. I wanted to give it to you in person, but well..." He gestured to the shop, knowing that Ada would understand that meant he had been busy lately.

He gestured down the hall to where his office was. His office. That still boggled his mind, after all. He never figured his father would hire a squib to work, but then again, there was a lot he figured his father wouldn't do. "So you want something to drink? Or are you just going to head on back out again? I don't mind the distraction, really. Gets me away from that thing I'm trying to edit." He did grin, his smile stretching across his face. Okay, a good distraction. He didn't mind those. If it was the other types he'd thought before, then there would be issues.

Because maybe
                                                        And after all
                                                        You're my wonderwall

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:58 pm
User Image

❀ ❀ ❀

spaceAdalaide giggled a bit at his expression when he told her about the manuscript he was editing... or trying to avoid editing, that is. "That... sounds well and truly awful. Allow me to save you from the horror." Satisfied that she wasn't interrupting him (and actually doing him a bit of a favor, it sounded like), she moved in and took the now-familiar stance of wrapping her arms around his waist and looking up at him. Unlike her usual outfits, her work clothes came complete with a mostly-flat pair of boots, so she wasn't even breaking five feet at the moment. Not that the heels tended to help overmuch, but they at least brought her a few inches closer. She fought the urge to pout. One of these days she was going to figure out an easy way to meet him at his level. But, it'd have to wait.

spaceShe caught the look on his face when he realized her birthday had passed, and fought the urge to laugh at him. It wasn't funny, really it wasn't. But she didn't really expect him to keep track of it. At least, not right now. They were both rather busy... there was, after all, a reason that she hadn't come to see him sooner. "That's fine! I mean, I can wait. You didn't have to get me anything anyway. So it's not a big deal that you don't have it now." Of course, she wouldn't deny that she was incredibly excited that he had gotten her something. His last birthday gift, after all, had been a journal. A very special one, that let them talk back and forth when they couldn't see each other. It had been incredibly thoughtful. And, when she got bored in class, she had a habit of taking it out and doodling on the pages. She always sort of wondered if he could see those doodles when he woke up... She almost wished he could be up in the day so that she could talk to him in class when she had nothing better to do, like in Potions when she was waiting for the brewing process to be over. Still, it was nice to know she could talk to him at night... even if she did end up staying up super late to do so.

spaceShe released him to follow in the direction he'd indicated, curious. She hadn't been inside the shop before, after all. Certainly hadn't ever been in the back, in one of the offices. "Some water would be lovely. You'd think working with plants all day I wouldn't get so dehydrated." She wasn't going to lie, she occasionally watered herself while she was watering the plants... greenhouses were hot, and tending greenery was a thirsty job. Humid, too, actually. "And I was only going to head out if you were busy. If you don't have anything better to do, I figured I'd stick around and visit for a bit. Not in any rush to get home. It's... quiet." That wasn't really even remotely the right word for what it was like at home. Awkward was more like it. What with her father scowling all the time, Michelle angsting all over the place, and Nat trying to keep everyone in a decent mood... honestly, she was much happier working in the greenhouse at Dogweed and Deathcap than the one at home. Her father was always out there, jaw set tight, eyes tired. Melody's absence and Victoria's death were weighing down on him. Adalaide suspected that he knew where Michelle had taken the baby... she had her own theories, of course, but Michelle would neither confirm nor deny any of them. Evenings were exceptionally difficult of late, since by that point Natasha was worn thin from trying to keep it all together. Ada knew her father and best friend weren't purposefully trying to make things difficult, but, well... it is what it is, after all.

❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:24 pm
User Image
                                                        Like to say to you
                                                        But I don't know how

User Image

Chris wrapped his arms around Ada as she folded herself against him. Honestly, he enjoyed these moments he could steal away with her, if only because they rarely saw each other, and spoke to each other through a book more often than not. While it was great for keeping up with each other, it wasn't as good as seeing her in person. Which was infinitely better than not seeing her at all. When she mentioned saving him from his work, he chuckled. "Yes, the horror. Having to edit that monstrosity, I'm shocked it got by our screening process." His dad was pretty good about that, but sometimes, there was one that just happened to make it past that. Though he suspected it was merely some way to see how long it took before he pitched it into the nearest fireplace.

He did kiss the top of her head when she mentioned that he didn't have to get her anything. Really though, what else was he going to do with his money? He gave her a smile though. "Well, good that you can wait, since I can't exactly get there right now until after my shift. And no, I kind of have an aversion to apparation. Granted, I probably don't get sick like I used to, but I don't like the feeling."

Letting her go, he led her back to his office, nodding toward the seat before disappearing to grab that water. He returned shortly thereafter, handing it to her in a small coffee mug and taking a seat himself. He kind of wished he didn't have to drink at this moment, just to have some tea or something to busy himself with while she was drinking. "So I take it you're doing well at work? I mean, it's not like the old wolf's giving you any issues, is he?"

Because maybe
                                                        And after all
                                                        You're my wonderwall

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:59 pm
User Image

❀ ❀ ❀

spaceAdalaide laughed as she listened to Chris complain about the book. Just how bad was it, really? Was he exaggerating, or was it really that awful? She had to wonder... if they had a screening process, and it was really that bad... how had it made it past it? "Are we talking like, so bad it sounds like he just got out of school, so bad it sounds like he just started school, or you're amazed the guy can even hold a quill?" she asked, wrinkling her nose with a mischievous smile. Maybe she was being a bit mean... but, well, if it was really as bad as he was saying... besides, she was just trying to lighten the mood, to get him to relax a bit. He seemed a bit tense, his eyes a bit strained... it was far too early in the night for him to already be ready to chuck a book at the wall.

spaceShe scowled a bit against his chest when he kissed the top of her head. Seriously? What was it with him and the head kisses? Her lips weren't that much further south, he could move another couple of inches. Still, he'd gotten her a birthday gift, so she couldn't really be upset with him. She gave him a little pout. "Aw, I was just about to suggest that, we could've been there and back in like five minutes!" Her face and tone seemed disappointed, but all it took was a look in her eyes to see that she was teasing. She didn't blame him for disliking Apparation; it was disorienting. If her sense of direction weren't horrendous, she'd fly everywhere instead. Unfortunately, she couldn't help but get lost whenever she went anywhere other than Ottery St. Catchpole and Hogwarts... which was sort of ridiculous, when she thought about it. How could she figure out that insane castle and still not remember how to get home from Diagon Alley? Honestly. "You should bring it to work tomorrow or something. I mean, I'm pretty sure your shift is going to end way later than I need to be out," she said, her eyes a bit disappointed at that. She'd love to stay with him all night, but her father would absolutely kill her if she stayed out that late... especially since he would know exactly who she'd been with.

spaceShe followed him into the office, sitting in the chair he'd indicated, her eyes roaming, trying to take in every detail. When he returned with the water, she took it with a quiet thank you, draining half the mug before she answered his question. "Work's going well. I mean, I'm basically doing the same thing I'd be doing if I were home. Except I'm getting paid and don't get to take breaks whenever I want. All in all, it's pretty nice." She took another drink of the water, then blinked suddenly. "Wait, old wolf?" She hadn't known the Chris knew Jason... but he apparently did, if he was calling him by a nickname, right? Although where the nickname had come from, she had no idea... she supposed there might be something vaguely wolf-like about her boss. But how did Chris know him? Sure, he'd worked in Hogsmeade for a long time, but she hadn't thought Jason seemed like the type to be over at the Shrieking Shack, and Chris couldn't exactly pop in to Dogweed and Deathcap during the day when it was open to the public... and anyway, why would he've gone in there in the first place?

❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:31 pm
User Image
                                                        Like to say to you
                                                        But I don't know how

User Image

Chris chuckled, thinking that it wasn't that bad. Well, bad enough he was busy talking to Ada instead of working. But then again, he really didn't have anyone else to talk to during the night except Chalmes before he went into work on the weekdays. "First one. His writing's a lot like someone that just finished school, or well, more like Chalmes if he was in college. Just slapped together something and sent it in. But, I guess if it's got some potential, it wouldn't have made it to my desk." He gave the document in front of him a good look before sending it up to the shelf. He knew that he wasn't going to get anything done until after, and well, it wasn't like he'd forget about it.

At the mention of apparition, he turned a bit green. "Yeah, that's still a no at the apparition. But, as long as you come by tomorrow, I should have it here. Plus, I think your parents would try and stake me if I kept you out late. Well, maybe not your mum, but your dad probably." Which made him glad that he didn't have to deal with Eretria bringing her boyfriend home to meet their father. He was certain Gearvin would hex the guy sideways if he could.

When she asked about his comment on her boss, he blinked. "Old wolf. You know, has a fur coat during the full moon, sheds like crazy, tends to bite?" His eyes then widened as he realized she didn't know. Probably Mr. Hill had never told her. "Wait, you never knew he was a werewolf? How? I mean, he smells like wet dog all the time, and he went crazy trying to find his pup five summers ago. She got kidnapped with some kids from your school. I mean, I was there when they were rescued, so yeah.." He sat back and blinked at Ada. "Wow, you really... didn't... Crap, if he didn't tell you, he probably didn't want me to tell you either." Now would be a really good time for a rewind button, he thought. If anything, he could try and not say what he just did to her.

Because maybe
                                                        And after all
                                                        You're my wonderwall

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:05 pm
User Image

❀ ❀ ❀

spaceAdalaide was glad to hear that the manuscript at least wasn't completely awful. Although, it did sort of sound like Chris was trying to give the author the benefit of the doubt. But, nothing wrong with that, she supposed. Lots of things didn't seem to be worth much upon the first look. But if you just looked a little harder... she smiled. At least he had the patience to try... even if he was taking a break to chat with his girlfriend.

spaceShe almost giggled at the sick look on his face when he spoke of apparition. She wasn't going to complain about his issue; after all, he'd just asked her to come back tomorrow night to get her present. That sounded much better than popping over to his apartment to get it now. It meant she'd get to see him tomorrow, too. No way was she going to argue with that. She wanted to be able to tell him that no one would be bothered if she came home late, but, well... she had literally just been thinking the exact same thing, after all. Still, she smiled. "Sounds like a date," she told him cheerfully.

spaceWhen Chris started going on about Jason, she blinked. Full moon? Shedding? It took her a second to get what he was saying, mostly because she was caught so off-guard by it. When he realized she hadn't known, she flushed. She'd not been working there very long, and people didn't tend to just tell people they were werewolves, after all. She did giggle a bit at one thing, though. "Uh, Chris? Not all of us have super-sensitive noses, you know. When I'm around him, he just smells like dirt and plants. You know, because we work in a Herbology shop and all. No dog smell, wet or otherwise." She wrinkled her nose a bit at that. "And anyway, why would he smell like a wet dog? I mean, I get smelling like a dog, but a wet one? Where does the wet bit come from?" And, just like that, she'd completely sailed over the revelation that her boss was a werewolf. It might seem weird to some, but honestly, she was so used to knowing odd characters that it was becoming a bit old hat. Her boyfriend was a vampire, after all. She shrugged. "Anyway, my lips are sealed. What he doesn't know won't hurt him. Or... what he doesn't know that I know won't hurt him. Or me. Or whatever," she replied, waving her hand dismissively. She did hope she'd do a better job of not spilling about Jason to anyone than she had about Chris... but then again, she'd only accidentally told Dom Chris was a vampire because he was dating Gracie, who was also a vampire, and she'd gotten too comfortable. It was easier to tell someone when you weren't worried about getting a lecture or yelled at or anything like that. Dom was dating Grace; her typical defense of 'well you wouldn't want to tell him anyway, what if he freaks out' had been gone, and she'd slipped up. It hadn't happened with anyone else; Michelle had outed him to her family, and no one else knew, at least, not because of her. Not even Damien or Marina or Nell. So there. She was doing rather good, actually. Two years and no one knew. Of course, they'd all find out eventually, she was sure, since secrets didn't seem to be very well kept among her friends, but oh, well. If they did find out, it wouldn't be from her.

❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:07 pm
User Image
                                              If I told you what I was,
                                              Would you turn your back on me?
                                              And if I seem dangerous,
                                              Would you be scared?

User Image

════════════════════════

Ş̝̘͌̋̑ļ̝̲́̄͂ỳ͚͓͉̈́̍t̜͔̬̾͂̿ḣ̡̠͉͗͛e͎̥͙͆̒͠r̛̟͇͌͐͜ì̻̺̝̄̕n̢̻̋̓͝ͅ || S͖̳̭̑͗̕e͖͇̭̔̋͝v̢̠̲̓͐̆e͚̘̰̽̃̏n̯̖̪̓͑͗t̝͙̘̉͆̔h͚̫͖̒̀̕ ͇̟̺͐̂̑Ȳ̟̜̬̋͝e̯̖̰͐̀͒å̧͍̌͠ͅr̲̰̻̐̇̕ || K͙͈̀̈́͆͜ẹ̟̹͊̕͘ẽ̥̣͔͑͝p͇̘͉͛͛͗e̖͍̝̋̋͠ŗ̻̝̇͗̅

════════════════════════

Virgil stepped into the shop, his gaze drifting from one person to another, trying to find her. She'd graduated two years previously, and he knew that she had family working here. It wasn't that hard, considering the family name. However, it left a nasty taste in his mouth when he thought about the status of the family in question. Her father never hid the fact that his two sons were squibs, even if she never mentioned it. After all, all they had to do was listen to the gossip around the older families. Older families like his own. He spied her walking down a hall in the back, and without a backward glance at the receptionist, he walked purposefully forward. He needed to talk to her, even if people didn't think he should. After all, the Ross family name was slowly disintegrating, especially with the arrest of his father. He just hoped that she didn't share the same viewpoints of other purebloods with regards to his own half-brother.

He followed her into the back, suddenly curious as to why she was walking this way, until she turned around, glaring at the brunette. He stared back defiantly. He needed to do this. Why wasn't he doing it yet? He then felt a pressure in his head, and his eyes went wide. Legilimency? How? What? He watched her eyes narrow, and then widen.
                                              "I need you to do something for me. You know my brother. I need you to contact him."

════════════════════════

Thinking: She knows? Merlin, she knows! This went from bad to worse...
                                              OOC: Private scene

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I get the feeling just because
                                              Everything I touch isn't dark enough
                                              That this problem lies in me

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:21 pm
User Image
                                  So what am I not supposed to have an opinion
                                  Should I be quiet just because I'm a woman
                                  Call me a b***h cos I speak what's on my mind
                                  Guess it's easier for you to swallow if I sat and smiled

User Image
                                  ════════════════════════
                                  𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝒾 || 𝐿𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓁𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓈 || 𝐸𝓃𝑔𝓁𝒾𝓈𝒽 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓈𝑒𝓇
                                  ════════════════════════

Eretria had noticed the boy behind her, following her. It was funny, thinking he could try and follow her without being seen. However, she allowed it to happen, leading him to an unused office in her father's shop before turning around sharply. Her blue eyes locked with his red ones, and she began to probe. She didn't like being stalked, and if he thought she was going to allow it to happen without her getting something out of it, he was dearly mistaken. She watched Virgil's eyes widen, and she peered inside, She then felt her jaw drop as she saw inside. Her hand automatically went for her wand, and her eyes hardened.

This boy, man, whatever he was, he was associated with one of Xilan's followers? And not only that, but he... The blood drained from her face as she realized what she was seeing. A mind, nearly broken from... She retracted quickly, receiving a headache for her efforts. She rose a shaky hand to her forehead to rub it as he asked her something simple. Contact? His brother? Didn't they hate each other? The jumble of emotions and images flashed through her mind again, and she peered at him. What was going on?
                                  "Make it quick. And yes, I can contact your brother. I assume you want it to be anonymous? I doubt he'll even respond otherwise."

════════════════════════

Thinking: What was that I just saw...?
                                  Taken By: Magni Borson
                                  OOC: Private scene

Fenris

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

So what am I not supposed to say what I'm saying
                                  Are you offended by the message I'm bringing
                                  Call me whatever cos your words don't mean a thing
                                  Guess you ain't even a man enough to handle what I sing

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff