Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Whizz Hard Books ~ Open! (Now Hiring!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:15 pm
User Image

Located at 129B Diagon Alley, Whizz Hard Books is a Wizarding book publisher. Its range of titles include the popular Quidditch Through the Ages and Hairy Snout, Human Heart.

The office on the outside is clean and crisp, with scrubbed stone and windows. On the inside, a reception desk is situated and people entering can see notes buzzing to and from the receptionist on a regular basis. A hall leads down to the offices of the editors and agents, as well as the owner's office. Further down can be heard the printing press where new books are printed.

The owner is a middle-aged gentleman with graying hair and blue eyes. Impeccably dressed, he oversees the publishing company with competence, and ensures that any releases are on time, as well as the quality of work does not diminish amongst its writers.

Owner

Gearvin Whitethorne

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:12 pm
User Image

((Note: Some of these rates are based off of rates I have seen for publishers. However, I do not expect for someone to completely write whole cloth a novel or story, unless that is what they wish to do. However, if you so choose to do so, have someone please look over your work and submit it under a thread in the Books and Textbooks area. Then provide a link to said manuscript in the description post of the book/story/poem. If however you choose not to do this, I honestly will not hold it against you. It takes a lot of work to write, and even more courage to even let it be seen by other people. So if you just provide a description for the manuscript, then please in a note list it as a excellent, good, average, or poor quality. The rest is up to the imagination of the reader! biggrin ))

Publishing a book requires that a manuscript be submitted to one of our agents. Once one of our agents has read through the manuscript, he or she will decide if the text is good enough for publication. It then goes to an editor, who will work with an author to adjust the text for publication. Once that is done, all that is left is publication and release. We do market new releases for exposure, so that your book can be seen by many people. Our rates depend on the size of the manuscript, the quality of the publishing material, and the exposure of the book in question.

The prices listed below reflect costs for evaluation and initial printing. We offer a royalty back to the author for published works dependent on the agreement between the agent and the author. Please note that we will not accept manuscripts that are poorly written.

Size of Manuscript

Up to 100 pages - 1 Galleon, 16 Sickles, 22 Knuts
101 to 250 pages - 2 Galleons, 16 Sickles, 18 Knuts
251 to 400 pages - 3 Galleons, 16 Sickles, 15 Knuts
More than 400 pages - 4 Galleons, 16 Sickles, 11 Knuts

Quality of Material Used

Average - 13 Galleons, 8 Sickles, 5 Knuts
Good - 34 Galleons, 8 Sickles, 2 Knuts
Excellent - 48 Galleons, 14 Sickles, 2 Knuts

Advertisement

Daily Prophet - 15 Galleons
WWN - 25 Galleons

Initial Cost for Agent and Editor

Agent - 5 Galleons

Editor - 15 Galleons

Please note that the agents get paid on commission and the agent is responsible for selling your published work. They do not get paid more than the initial cost if they do not sell your work.

We also have a quarterly book of poetry that we place all poet submissions into! The cost is dependant upon the length of the poem, and poets get a percentage of the sales of the volume. Please inquire about it with one of our agents in charge of that department.  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:29 pm
Help Wanted!

We are currently looking to fill these positions!

- Agent - Open
- Editor - Christopher Whitethorne
- Poetry Agent - Open
- Receptionist - Open

Please fill out the form here when looking to apply.

Please PM me when you fill out the form and I will go through the interview with you!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:30 pm
Recently Published Works

((This will be a listing of works that have been published by Whizz Hard Books. If the book has a corresponding link to it, it will be put here. This is so that if someone wishes to view the work, they can. If someone can come up with a better system for putting up stories that various members have written, then just PM me. Thank You.))  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:31 pm
~ Reserved  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:17 pm
User Image

Gearvin looked about the reception area of his shop, hands clasped behind his back. When he had received it from his mother, he had decided to renovate portions of the building to upgrade certain aspects of the place to make it easier on both clients and employees. Now the shop was reopened after the renovations, and he could hardly wait for business to resume. Giving the place one last look over, he proceeded to go into his office to work on some paperwork.  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:23 am
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...
I am not the Yongest, or the brightest son...

..I am the most hated, But I am strong.

User Image
Slytherin 5th Year

> Shin looked like he was going to be sick as he was brought into the room by the two. He shook on his feet and kept his hair over his face. "I.." He had not eaten what they had giving him, not feeling hunger at this point. He looked at his little brother, Saab. "Go..home" Was all he said, before closing his eyes and groaning. "Water...Please.."
⁈PREFECT⁉

Mood? Shaky.
Emotional state? Snappy. Irritated.
Physical State? Did not eat. In pain.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:42 am
User Image

Inside Gearvin's office was a desk, couch, cabinet, and coffee table. Gearvin lowered the young man onto the couch situated in his office. He frowned at the request and made to fill a mug on his desk with water from the cooler in the hall. As he returned, he took the sandwich from the teen who had followed and sat both on the coffee table before it. "Here is your water," he said, nodding to the mug, "as well as a sandwich for you to eat." He conjured up a sign that said Do Not Disturb and placed it onto his door, closed it, and sat on the edge of his desk. "I still haven't gotten a response from my earlier inquiry." He cocked an eyebrow as he looked at Shin. "What precisely happened to land you in such a state, and are there injuries that I need to be concerned with?"  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:52 am
User Image
Hello~

User Image Sabb watched. "He got into a fight with Mommy...but he no good at spells..cuz he ugly!" Saab said, wide innocent eyes looking at them both. "Mommy cursed him, she told me so-" Just then Shin glave him the look of death. "..But I not supposed to talk about it..."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:56 am
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...

User Image
Slytherin 5th Year

> Shin took the water, glaring at his brother, before nodding and taking a sip. "I am fine, I...am Just...tired" He lied. In truth he had issues galore, but the dangerous ones with his health were hunger and dehydration, the others were caused by him self and his family. As such, they would take a lot longer to heal.
⁈PREFECT⁉

Mood? Shaky.

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:10 am
User Image

Gearvin cocked an eyebrow at the young boy's explanation, but otherwise his face remailed impassive. Honestly, what was wrong with some people? If even one of his sons had any sort of magical ability he wouldn't care what he looked like. "My dear boy," he said, addressing the youngest in the room, "if looks really determined magical ability, my sons would not be squibs."

He then looked over at Shin. "To be honest, if I were to believe that, then I would not have helped you at all. However, if you do not wish to speak of it-" and here he levelled a glare at Saab, "then I will not force you. Your brother, on the other hand, needs to learn when things should be said, and when to still his tongue. Your business is your own, not his."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:20 am
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...

User Image
Slytherin 5th Year

> Shin looked at this man. It was odd to him how he seemed so wise yet practical and kind. He had finished his water before looking at the food, looking slightly ill-er at the thought of eating. "I...I have...a little..trouble eating..I will admit it" He said, looking at his brother, as if warning him not to say why. "I mostly take...potions.." He said. He did not ask about the man's sons. Shin him self had a very limited magical range, but he had skills in potions and memory. He did not want to say it, but he was incapable of keeping most food down, as a...gift from his ever loving mother. He knew the potions were slowly eating away at his liver.
⁈PREFECT⁉

Mood? Shaky.

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:42 am
User Image

Gearvin nodded, though he wondered about what Saab had said. No, better to leave it be, rather than poke his nose into other people's affairs. "Precisely which types of foods can you eat?" he asked. "I cannot in good conscience let you go without food since it appears you need it."

He wondered again at Saab's statement, and mentally winced. Oh great, he thought, I'm about to turn into a busybody. He never appreciated his curiosity, since it made him want to investigate this matter. The teen however would not wish for anyone to snoop into his affairs, so Gaervin remained silent. Only give help when requested, he thought.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:49 am
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...

User Image
Slytherin 5th Year

> Shin sighed and looked away, still to weak to support him self with out the couch. He then opened his mouth, before closing it, his hair covering his face and getting in his mouth slightly. He was clean however. He then opened his mouth again, speaking in his soft voice. "Apples...Apples and green melons...lettuces...celery" He said. He knew it was odd to eat only raw veggies and fruit..green veggies and fruit. Saab giggled, covering his mouth.
⁈PREFECT⁉

Mood? Shaky.

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:31 pm
User Image

Gearvin shot the younger boy a look before looking back to Shin. "I trust that if I leave to get something for you, you will stay? I will be gone for about ten minutes, but I assure you that I will be back. You will be fine until then. I trust that your younger brother will touch nothing until I return?"  
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff