Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Fantastic Realities: Reboot [4E] - FULL Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:02 am
Reboot for a game I DMed a few months ago. Still have 4 of the original PC's so I'll need 2 more. Also, I'm going to put my foot down this time. Abandoned by the Gods was meant to have 6 PC's, but I let 8 people in. This game is meant to have 6 PC's, so I'm only letting in 2 more. First come first serve!

Original Thread.

Original recruitment post:

joe-dude667
I had a thought the other day. What if DnD wasn't fantasy, but the reality we all lived in today? This game is going to look into that question.

The Story...

It was a pretty average day in the Dire Lion Inn in Tishmat. The large, yet grubby pub was filled with it's usual clientèle. Mainly sorry looking characters that liked to drink by themselves, with the occasional table filled with adventuring companies of some sort.

Today there happened to be an Elf sat by himself in the corner, getting many strange looks. He seemed uncomfortable in this place, and edgy at the sight of all the other patrons. The sweat dripped down his forehead as he physically shook in his seat. Suddenly the Elf did something very strange...

He stood up and started shouting. Shouting some very strange words...

"Television! Internet! Coke-Cola! Burger King!"

The strange fellow scanned the bar, looking at everyone's reactions. Most seemed shocked and confused, if not just totally uncaring. Distraught and close to hysterics, the Elf sat back down and started mildly sipping at his frothy ale.

Though conveniently for the Elf, the bar he happened to be sat in had a few patrons that knew exactly what he was talking about...

Game.

For the game I want to try something interesting. I want you to role play yourself. If DnD was this reality, what class would you be? What race would you be? What skills do you have in real life and how would they relate to DnD classes?

This is a 4th edition game, in which you play a lvl1 character - standard 22 point buy. I want a link to all characters sheets from mythweavers/tangledweb/ect. I'm going to be pretty liberal as to what sources you can use, but I'll be asking for a bibliography of sorts for feats and items so I know you're not just making up some OP stuff of your own. =P

Backgrounds are a necessity. What was your last memory of this reality? Was it as simple as going to bed in real life and waking up in the DnD universe? Were you captured by some unseen assailant and forced in the back of a truck, drugged and awoke as a Tiefling? How long have you lived this fantasy life? Have you gotten by in your new form for a few years, or is this your first day here? Do you know any of the other PC's from your time travelling, or are you alone?

This is a standard pbp game that should hopefully grow into a prolonged campaign. I don't really want more than 6 people, though may add more if a lot of people like the idea of this. Obviously this is going to be a very strange campaign, so I don't know how popular it'll be. What do people think?

Players.

1: joe-dude667 - Elf Bard

2: Arc Vembris - Changeling Swordmage

3: Archangel486 - Tiefling Rogue

4: Drag0nK1d - Elf Wizard

5: Nayr Ventess - Human Psion

6: Rain Yupa - Human Paladin

Backup Players.

1:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:17 am
Argh, argh, argh!!! Why did you have to post this when I'm at work?! XD

I don't have access to my books, and won't until this evening...but I think this premise is hilarious XD

Hmm...mostly likely I would make either a halfling or shifter rogue.

Grr...why can't there be an srd for 4th? >.<  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:11 am
I would probably replace your Psion.... Though I can't decide whether I want A pixie again or a Psionic race like The Kalshatar..... Perhaps a Changeling....  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:14 am
Vampfighter1
I would probably replace your Psion.... Though I can't decide whether I want A pixie again or a Psionic race like The Kalshatar..... Perhaps a Changeling....
Whatever Race you think best suits you or your personality. mrgreen

For this game you want to focus on the concept more than the mechanics.  

joe-dude667

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:15 am
Also, since I could at least work on a backstory while I'm at work, what's the flavor behind our new lives? Basically, like, were we suddenly "popped" in, with all our gear, or were the bodies we now inhabit already there, and we've just sort of taken over? In other words, would it be possible for people to recognize us, just not as us? Or is that up to the player?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:19 am
Well.... If its personality.... They the changeling and Pixie works best.... And class would be Psion or Battlemind.....  

Vampfighter1
Crew

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:24 am
KytanaTheThief
Also, since I could at least work on a backstory while I'm at work, what's the flavor behind our new lives? Basically, like, were we suddenly "popped" in, with all our gear, or were the bodies we now inhabit already there, and we've just sort of taken over? In other words, would it be possible for people to recognize us, just not as us? Or is that up to the player?
You know, in the last recruitment thread we talked about a lot of stuff to do with the characters relation to the world, but that honestly never came up. I hadn't even thought of it! How I imagined it was the PC just "popped up", but saying that, one of the other PC's had been living in this world for 2-3 years so had made an identity for himself. I'll say you can inhabit a person who already "lived" in this world if you like though, it should lead to an interesting history. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:26 am
Vampfighter1
Well.... If its personality.... They the changeling and Pixie works best.... And class would be Psion or Battlemind.....

Play whatever you want. We've got two defenders already, but seriously don't let that put you off! Play what you want to play, and it'll all work out in the end. mrgreen  

joe-dude667

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:28 am
Lol, might do just that then, I could see having a lot of fun with suddenly becoming someone that other people have a history with.

And darn, I thought I had a way around it; was gonna download the old char builder, but this stupid work laptop needs and admin password to install it >.<  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:33 am
KytanaTheThief
Lol, might do just that then, I could see having a lot of fun with suddenly becoming someone that other people have a history with.

And darn, I thought I had a way around it; was gonna download the old char builder, but this stupid work laptop needs and admin password to install it >.<
You have access to the old character builder?! eek

I stopped subscribing a little after essentials and then got a new laptop. With CB being online exclusive I now no longer have it. I tried using the old install program but it wouldn't work. =( How'd you get it to work? I don't even need the most up to date one, just up to when they moved it online.  

joe-dude667

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:36 am
The way I try to play Battleminds, I play more a.strikers.... Omg... Avenger!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:54 am
Well, to be honest, I didn't get farther then the initial install screen, since this comp requires a password to do that much. So I don't know if it works, honestly. But I found the file, and iirc, I used this (I still have it on my home comp) after they discontinued it. Don't know if that only works if it was already installed, though.

http://www.fileplanet.com/194517/190000/fileinfo/Dungeons-&-Dragons-4E-Character-Builder

And hey! Got on of my friends to give me all the normal data/info to make my char, although powers would have to wait till I got home. But it's still better than nothing!  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:17 am
Alright. I have my final product idea. Pixie Artificer. Don't Ask how. I will explain.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:41 am
I'd be all 18-20's so I don't think I could really play this game based off myself...

Also, I don't has magic. sweatdrop

I could always play that Half-orc barbarian that's pretty much like me.

But being even more realistic I suppose I could be a fighter.

A human fighter.

That's probably pretty accurate of what I can do in real life. ninja  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:57 am
got about 70% of the sheet filled out, mostly just missing powers, feats, and background. Gonna work on the background in a bit, just wanted to show I'm serious about this one lol

Kytana, Halfling Rogue

Also, yes, I know, Kytana's not my real name, but I wouldn't be so stupid as to use my real name if I got dropped into a brand new reality XD

Edit: Background complete! Couldn't help but writing it in a first person sort-of-summary of her thoughts.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff