Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Interest check (the afterlife)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:03 pm
Instead of trying to balance; job, learning a new system, classes, homework and watching my nephew... I decided to just use one of the ones I know, and make my idea more of a group adventure. This way I can test to see if I like some of my home-brewed class ideas, in a more practical way.

Quote:
The Vail, the gate way to the peaceful afterlife for all good, is normally a one way street. Vampires, Elans, Lichs and countless other have discovered ways of protecting themselves from crossing it. But sometimes, a good soul of the dead can't find peace. And they are brought back. You are a group of souls. The forces that be, have granted you one more chance. With your guide, and your guardian, you have been given three tasks to complete. To right the wrong that haunts you even the afterlife, help the lost find their peace, and free the trapped.

The lost are simply ghosts that, like you, have unfinished business keeping them form peace.

In this world, constructs skeletons and zombies have one thing in common, they both magically bind a sentient soul to a form. In some cases, this is asked for (living constructs, necroplians[sp?] and a few others) in most other cases this is forced.

Everyone will have one special animal, called a guardian(I am still trying to decide how to treat it.). It is the one thing that is keeping you soul bind to your body and to this world. As long as you don't get hit with a move that leaves no remains behind. You will survive, even if an attack brings you to -11 hp, you will be knocked out, but you will awake later. That is unless if your Guardian is attacked and killed while your out. In which case your dead... again.

I will allow you guys to decide what is your own thing that is keeping you from your rest, but expect a mission or mini mission to evolve from it.

Any one interested?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:54 am
I'm interested. So we can play as anything created?  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:48 am
Anything sentient, It is as if someone cast a true resurrection spell on your character. If you want you can be one of the "asked"

Being, I have experience with 3/3.5 D&D and pathfinder, I am most likely going to run it as 3.5.

Oh, I will add something.

Your character can be evil, as long as he is actively trying to repent and make right his past crimes and sins. It can add to a character.

Edit: I forgot to add something to the first post. The guide, will be my npc, but is a character who will try to point you in the right direction, and if needed I will have him see to the AFTER-battle healer position.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:01 pm
After giving this a second read over, I'm interested.  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:56 pm
yay... I guess though, I am going to have to make a character creation thing. Though, one question... what level do you guys want to start at? I planned for 4-8 but, I am fine with any level form 10 down.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:19 pm
It's all good to me. I'm flexible. It all depends on how much power do you want us to start with.  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:28 am
Totally in!

One evil b***h trying to not go to hell coming right up.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:49 am
The After life

Above is the character creation information. I am still working on the plot and intro...

If you have any questions ask; chances are I am ether studying for finals, or watching something.  

glitterboypilot

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff