Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 2a: Akatsuki/Dawn Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Tei Kae rolled 11 10-sided dice: 3, 8, 9, 4, 4, 1, 5, 8, 3, 9, 3 Total: 57 (11-110)

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:20 am
She seemed unphased by his mention of Omiko. "Actually, no, not that one. She is similar but not quite the same. Perhaps someone connected to her that is more influential in your normal realms. She seemed to know exactly what was---" and broke off as the girl was carried in fighting and screaming. She'd wished no harm upon the girl.

Turning her attention back to Ryuden, she met his gaze with a steady one. "Personally, I would think that a Shugenja would know that lots of things can ruin a moment or a spell. So many unknowns and uncertainties. You might find that history has changed in a completely different manner than you expected." But she shrugged, as if the outcome didn't matter as much to her, as if she'd already won.

Courtier/Awareness (manipulation)+ (1k0)+5 (social)+ Free (voice) +1 raise discomforting him with each little unknown detail and her own carefree attitude

8k4+ 8 = 38  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:10 am
"..." Ryuden would narrow his eyes at Miyako, not saying anything for a moment.

Turning to the Boar who held Omiko, he broached a different subject. "Where are my scrolls?"

"I hath no idea, master," the man responded. "Thy other loyal servants art presently searching for them."

Walking away from Miyako, Ryuden would approach the girl, who was still screaming in terror, watching her for a moment.

He would slap her across the face to silence her suddenly, before kneeling to look her in the eye from eye level. "Where are my scrolls?"

"..." Omiko would bite her lip and avert her gaze, tears flowly freely down her cheeks, one a good deal redder than the other now. A trickle of blood would soon flow from the corner of that mouth.

"Do you know what I'm going to do if I don't get them back?"

"..."

"I'm going to butcher every last one of your Clansmen until you tell me where you've hidden them. I'll save you for last, to make sure you realize the full implications of your defiance."

Omiko would seize up, clenching her eyes shut tightly with her head turned away.

"..."

"Bring her over there, so she can see everything," Ryuden would say. The Boar holding her hostage would bow his head and move to the side of the room Miyako had been observing Ryuden prior. He moved to where he stood before, lifting up the blood-stained ritual knife before him, examining it.

"I would love to get all the details from you, but as you might guess, I'm on a tight schedule. I have a lot of Minor Clan samurai to sacrifice, and I'm going to have an Imperial Legion on my doorstep sometime early tomorrow morning. You know how it is."

Leaning close (but not too close), he would add, "If you have such valuable information, I suggest you tell me now. If they are so valuable that I feel that they might further my cause, I could be convinced to let you go; history does not record the loss of life of any Scorpion during the creation of the Anvil of Despair, after all. Otherwise, this little chat of ours is over."

A brief thoughtful pause later, and he would add, "Amongst some other things."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Tei Kae rolled 12 10-sided dice: 8, 9, 6, 2, 2, 7, 3, 1, 8, 8, 8, 3 Total: 65 (12-120)

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:47 am
She let a little fear show then, after all, it was to be expected with him so close and her own position so precarious. She clung to what bits of information she had and used them to her advantage as best she was able. "You say the right bloodline." Her tongue licked her parched lips as she stared directly at him. "But the Boar were of the Crab and yet it took a Phoenix to open the portal. What if a Scorpion's blood were to affect the Anvil adversely? Especially when I can be otherwise useful." She smiled slightly, her green eyes wrinkling up at him. "Or has Maho blinded you to all other of the Kami's pleasures..."

"Scorpion women have many uses. Not all of them involve more personal activities. Although many of them do."

Deceit/Awareness (Seduction) +7k4 +3 + 1k0 + 2k0 +5 + Free (voice)
10k4 + 8 + (free raise from voice) +1 to convince him she'd be willing to be an ally+ and that her not at all crab blood might be bad to sacrifice = 43  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:31 pm
Strike 1: Insulting the Maho-Tsukai.
Strike 2: Missing the TN of 25 to delay.
Strike 3: Seducing the Maho-Tsuaki.

"Yes, it has. That's why most Samurai are ignorant; they willingly blind themselves to their full potential for the sake of lesser, more base desires." Ryuden would stand tall now.

"Besidse, you're mixing magics. It was an ancestor of the Boar we needed to go back in time. All that is required for the Anvil of Despair is blood..."

Suddenly, he would thrust the strangely-shaped knife into Miyako's torso, just beneath the sternum. Jutting it to and fro, he would carve a path of carnage and agony through her body cavity, causing her blood to pour out of her in frightening alacrity.

"... and souls." Removing the dagger from her torso, he would bring it to Miyako's throat, slicing through it rather callously, silencing her and causing blood to begin filling her lungs.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Omiko's horrified scream would be the last thing upon Miyako's ears, as the darkness of oblivion moved to claim her.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:34 am
Miyako! Time for honor changes from your actions upon waking up upon the anvil!

There was a lot of deceit thrown around. I'm calling a -1 point of honor for being insulting/disdainful, and -1 point of honor for trying to seduce him. Also, ew.

You pretended to show courtesy to gain advantage on an enemy, so that's -1 point of honor.

You were trying to deliberately deceive another, so that's a -1 point of honor as well.

You endured an insult to yourself by being naked and helpless like that and managing to (mostly) save face, so that's +1 point of honor.

A net loss of 3 points of honor.

You do not gain any glory from the attempted jailbreak or your death, because they never happened!  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff