Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mockingjay ~ a Hunger Games Guild

Back to Guilds

A little guild dedicated to 'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins. 

Tags: The Hunger Games, Roleplays, Books, Suzanne Collins, Fans 

Reply The Capitol.
Hunger Games Video Game?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would The Hunger Games make a good video game?
Yes
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
No
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Maybe
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
I don't care because I don't play video games.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

LegallyBlindGamer

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:30 pm
Does anyone else think that The Hunger Games would make an interesting video game? I think it would be particularly cool to have a multiplayer game where you were actually playing against other people. In order to keep the game moving, each day would be like a "round" in traditional multiplayer, meaning it would have a set time limit before the anthem starts playing and it shows all the players that died. Also, changes would be made to the environment after each round in order to keep people from "camping," which is a major problem in competitive multiplayer. I'm not sure how the sponsor system would come into play, though. Maybe it could be like the point streaks in Call of Duty, where certain actions get you sponsors who can send you supplies. As for the single player, maybe it could be a prequel to the books instead of trying to adapt them into video game form. What do you think?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:34 pm
I think it would be a very good video game. If it follows the story line correctly, if not following Katniss then maybe making your own character that gets picked in the reaping and has to fight their way through the hunger games. I can say, if i got it... I might possibly be addicted to it... I see what you mean though and it would be a good idea. biggrin

kutsushita ll

Dedicated Fatcat

l3roken5oul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:05 am
thelittlemage
...maybe making your own character that gets picked in the reaping and has to fight their way through the hunger games.

That would be sooo cool. Making your own character, and having them reaped. Amazing.

What if Katniss was the major Boss and you had to take her down to win, like it's an alternative ending to the books.

Or maybe just a completely different year and she's a mentor to your character or something. (Yes, I've read the books, I know the Games were abolished, but it'd still be a cool idea for a game!)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:35 am
l3roken5oul

What if Katniss was the major Boss and you had to take her down to win, like it's an alternative ending to the books.

Or maybe just a completely different year and she's a mentor to your character or something. (Yes, I've read the books, I know the Games were abolished, but it'd still be a cool idea for a game!)

Maybe... that sounds like a brilliant game! biggrin I would definitely buy that, even if Katniss was either the major Boss or just a mentor (if you started in 12). I'd say it'd be the next game that I would be addicted to. xD

kutsushita ll

Dedicated Fatcat

Gipsy Dangerr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:54 pm
Honestly, yes! I think it's got gaming material. What system though? Sony? Xbox360? Wii? I vote Xbox360!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:17 am
ghostfl0wer
Honestly, yes! I think it's got gaming material. What system though? Sony? Xbox360? Wii? I vote Xbox360!!!

For The Hunger Games, I would have it on Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PC, PS Vita, 3DS, and the Wii U when it comes out.  

LegallyBlindGamer

Dapper Gaian

The Capitol.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces