Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Abandoned by the Gods [4E] - Full Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Unrelated to game poll (see second post)
  Bring back "Fantastic Realities"!
  Bring back "Shot in the Dark"!
  Bring them BOTH back!
  Let them die.
  The Narwhal Bacons at Midnight
View Results

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:55 am
The Story...

Times were hard in the country of Aihbien. It used to be a fine country indeed, a civil country, and most of all, a powerful country. This was all before the tragic day when the King was assassinated. That was 10 years ago now, and still no heir in sight. Instead the country has been governed by a Steward by the name of Pierce Dainstead. Unfortunately Dainstead wasn’t a very good Steward. Thanks to his clumsy diplomacy, it felt like war was on the brink with the Eladrin Isles of Maiveland. Not so long ago the southern, Teifling country of Merksan would have aided in the war, but even ties with them were stretched thin. His distrust of all the magic arts has made him bring in horrifying laws on magic control. Any mage has to have Identification Papers on him at all times. To be found guilty as a mage without the Papers is an offence punishable by death. The taxes he set up to go towards any potential war efforts were excruciatingly high, leaving many well off families in poverty and debt. Even the harvests had been poor since he took over control!

This is why many people were starting to view Dainstead as a curse, and secretly acknowledged him as Deittynn, the elven word for God-Bane. These days would ever be remembered as the Time of the Gods Abandonment.

The Capital of Aihbien, Gloadkin, saw the worst of the troubles and the poverty. But it is here our story starts. There have been a number of grisly murders taking place in the city, all on high members of the Stewards private council. 3 of the 10 council members have been killed so far, the first two in the dead of night in their own homes, while they were sleeping. The last was under protection in a secret location, with guards on constant watch, though he was still found with his throat slit open and his face mutilated the next morning. The guards swore they were innocent, and that they saw nothing, though they were still hanged for their mistakes.

Pierce “Deittynn” Dainstead himself has put out a request for adventurers to come forth. He wants whoever is responsible caught, and punished for their crimes, but can’t trust his guards anymore. Can he trust you to get the job done…?

Game.

I like my D&D Campaigns like I like my coffee. Dark and gritty. This is my attempt at making such a campaign. The game starts at the Guard’s Hangings. Whether you’re a Native to the city, or just passing through, you decided to witness the punishment. Maybe you think it’s a fitting punishment, or maybe you think it’s an outrage. Maybe you just don’t care, but just enjoy a good hanging.

This world is one of my own creations, that I started in 2008 and has slowly gotten more and more fleshed out, so it’s pretty detailed now. If you’d like to know about geography or anything, for character backgrounds and what not, you just have to ask.

With thoughts towards character creation, keep in mind someone from the Arcane or Psionic power source would need Identification Papers (that cost 10 gold), or have to be good at hiding it. Keep in mind if you get into a fight with guards around, you’re going to get caught. Someone from the Divine power source might find life equally difficult. People are calling now “The Time of the Gods Abandonment” for a reason. Many literally believe that the Gods have forsaken the country. Some priests and clerics have even lost their powers, some have even gone so far as given up their faith. With the civil war between the Maivland Isles in their bid for independence from Aihbien, you might find a bit of racism if you choose to roll an Eladrin from some of the more Patriotic NPC's. Not that I'm discouraging Eladrin's or Arcane, Psionic or Divine characters, I just like adding a slight element of risk to the game.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: All books.
Limited Sources: Dragon articles. You can have them, on the condition that you give a bibliography for any feats or powers from Dragon articles. Since I got a new laptop and Wizards have changed to the online CB, it won’t let me install it. crying
Starting Level: 3rd
Starting Gold/Equipment: Standard for 3rd level.
Races: No Warforged or PHB3 races (except Minotaur)
Ability Scores: Point buy or 4d6 (drop the lowest, re-roll 1’s) x 7, drop the lowest score.
Alignments: No evil bastards allowed. Questionable unaligned’s welcome.
Pantheon: Standard.
Backgrounds: Instead of normal PHB2 background benefits, I want a written background and I’ll tell you what skill I think most applies to it.

Players.

1: Maya, Drow Rogue - Portrayed by Absolute Virtue

2: Rais, Changeling Assassin - Portrayed by ChidarRalan

3: Korinn, Dragonborn Warlock - Portrayed by Drag0nK1d

4: Jett, Genasi Swordmage - Portrayed by MaoukaMasaki777

5: Grantes, Human Ranger - Portrayed by mercantes

6: Fi, Chageling Bard - Portrayed by Ancelas

7. Lockheed, Dwarf Hunter - Portrayed by Arc Vembris

8. Pascal, Pixie Rogue - Portrayed by vampfighter1

Backup Players.

1:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:59 am
So before I left I was DMing 2 games.

A Shot in the Dark and Fantastic Realities.

Just wanted to get a quick head count to see who would still be interested in these games. Mainly at the people who were PC's, but also to newer people (since I assume some of the PC's don't come on the guild any more, and as such we'd need fresh blood new recruits).  

joe-dude667

mercantes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:13 am
Hi there, I'm interested in DnD but I'm very new to the whole system but not new to the story telling. I'd like to call In on this gig but I'm gonna need some assistance, particularly the character creation process. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:26 am
That's fine, man. This is a 4th Edition game if you know it, do you have any of the books and then I can walk you through the character making process. mrgreen  

joe-dude667

mercantes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:32 am
I don't know 4E but I think I can find an online rulebook or something. XD  
Maelthra Ssinss rolled 20 6-sided dice: 4, 5, 4, 5, 5, 5, 3, 6, 1, 1, 4, 3, 1, 3, 4, 2, 4, 4, 3, 1 Total: 68 (20-120)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:00 am
I'm in. .

Ability rolls part 1  

Maelthra Ssinss

Maelthra Ssinss rolled 4 6-sided dice: 6, 2, 1, 1 Total: 10 (4-24)

Maelthra Ssinss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:02 am
Part 2

4, 5, 4, 5, = 14
5, 5, 3, 6, = 16
1, 1, 4, 3, 4, 5 = 13
1, 3, 4, 2, 2, = 9
4, 4, 3, 1, 4, = 12
6, 2, 1, 1, 5, 3, =14
5, 5, 4, 5, = 15

Eurgh... Those're... not awful... but... eurgh

EDIT: MUCH better  
Maelthra Ssinss rolled 6 6-sided dice: 4, 5, 2, 4, 5, 1 Total: 21 (6-36)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:04 am
Rerolling 1's  

Maelthra Ssinss

Maelthra Ssinss rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

Maelthra Ssinss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:04 am
Another 1  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:14 am
Looks interesting, I'll start on a character a little today.  

Absolute Virtue

Absolute Virtue

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:23 am
Didn't want to spam, here's me rolls

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/abandoned-by-the-gods-rolls/t.78297173_16/#17  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:52 am
Hey there, new to the guild! As far as DND goes, I can play sort of okay, but creating characters is definitely NOT my forte. Also, never played 4e. Could use some assistance. XD  

MaoukaMasaki777

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:54 am
ChidarRalan
Part 2

4, 5, 4, 5, = 14
5, 5, 3, 6, = 16
1, 1, 4, 3, 4, 5 = 13
1, 3, 4, 2, 2, = 9
4, 4, 3, 1, 4, = 12
6, 2, 1, 1, 5, 3, =14

Eurgh... Those're... not awful... but... eurgh
Don't forget, its roll 4d6 seven times, so you might be able to get rid of that 9! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:58 am
MaoukaMasaki777
Hey there, new to the guild! As far as DND goes, I can play sort of okay, but creating characters is definitely NOT my forte. Also, never played 4e. Could use some assistance. XD
That's fine. If you can get access to a Player's Handbook, I'll have no issue walking you through the character creation process. 3nodding

I'm going to be helping mercantes with his character any how, so it'd literally be no bother helping you make yours too. mrgreen  

joe-dude667

MaoukaMasaki777

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:09 am
joe-dude667
MaoukaMasaki777
That's fine. If you can get access to a Player's Handbook, I'll have no issue walking you through the character creation process. 3nodding

I'm going to be helping mercantes with his character any how, so it'd literally be no bother helping you make yours too. mrgreen

Okay, I am currently downloading the 4e Player's Handbook PDF and shall read over it a bit before posting for ready-character making. XD  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff