Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:59 pm
Welcome all new members! ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:49 pm
1. Name your pets Don't have any

2. List your favorite Bible verse Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. (Psalms 37:4 KJV)

3. List your favorite books of the Bible All

4. Your denomination/beliefs Pentecostal, but I consider myself Non-Denominational

5. The name of your country United States

6. Your favorite color indecisive

7. Your occupation Clerk 2  

destinyshope7

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:32 am
G P S Guild Mule
Hi! My name is Jack Fitzbaugh. I am a Christian, I am a sinner, I am forgiven, I am saved by the love and grace of our Risen Lord and Savior Jesus.
I am from Ireland. Dublin to be exact and am now living in LOndon England with my mother.
I have no pets.
I do have several limitations. They, the doctors said after the auto accident that I was involved in a couple of years back and was in a coma from the automobile that hit me as I was walking home one night; I am now a 22 year old man who has the mental abilities of a 11 to 13 year old child.
I use to be on here a while back as the -Celtic Crypt Keeper-.
While in a coma, my mother hacked the account and has ran it in my absence to try and keep up with old friends that I once had when I was on here.
She now has the avatar account and calls herself the -Celtic Crypt Cat Keeper- and is a vp of The Well Guild, another Christian guild for which I am also a member of.
I am open for having new Christian friends if you would like to send me a friend request.
I am the type of person who is a true blue faithful friend and not a fair weather type of friend.
My bestest friend in real life and also mentor, like having a 'Big Brother' in the states in The Scottish Knight who is the captain of The Well Guild as well as the one who gave me this avatar that he was using as a mule account for the guild.
It is nice to meet you all and I hope to hear from you all by either comment or p.m. and f/r.
Also, If I may.. If any of you would also like to belong to a really well Christian guild besides this one.
Please feel free to apply to 'The Well Guild.', and tell them that Jack sent you.
God bless,
Jack Fitzbaugh
A.H.H.
(avatar named after a friend I use to have as the -c.c.k.- who called me her Hagi.)

God bless you Jack, and welcome to the guild.
Nice to hear you have such a devoted mother.
It is always nice when you can share you faith with family members.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:35 am
Deceptibean
{{.:*''*:.Ah-ah! two hearts-

Aloha! My name is Bean (online and off!)

I'm going to be 27 on Sunday. I'm a first time mama; gave birth to my son
at the end of May. I'm a Christian, attending a Methodist church with my hubby.
I'm a Teacher of the Deaf, working with preschoolers but hoping to move to
a bit of an older age group. I have two kitties, Linus and Lucy (I really like
Peanuts/Charlie Brown). I have a fondness and love for piggies, and collect
a bunch of pig items. It probably drives the hubby crazy!

I'm currently reading through the Bible, reading a few chapters a day.
We're currently in Psalms (Book 1).

I was invited to join this guild, and while I'm not terribly active on Gaia,
I'm hoping that this guild will help enhance my current study and possibly
give additional insight to what I'm reading smile

User Image

-Oh baby, I'm beating out a Samba!.:*''*:.}}

Hi Bean, and welxome to the guild! Awesome to see that there are people who are studying the Bible diligently, and also applying what they read into compassionate work like you are! Do also share your insight with us as you read through the Bible!  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:37 am
StagePlayer
Hello everyone. I'm Sunnie smile I'm 17, and I'm a christian. Just a regular girl in this world. I have no pets though I would want nothing more! My favorite color is blue and I'm new to this guild. I don't even know what a guild is lol

Welcome Sunnie. ^^ A guild is a special interest group, where we get together
to discuss topics of interest. What kind of pet would you want if you could have one?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:42 am
-Halloween Barbie-
1. Name your pets: Rusty, the Siberian Husky!
2. List your favorite Bible verse Philippians 4:13: can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
3. List your favorite book of the Bible I can't list one.. I love all the prophetic inclined books.
4. Your denomination/beliefs I'm a born-again believer in Jesus Christ. I claim Christian but anymore that seems to represent a lukewarm bench warmer. I believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and that Jesus will come again for his Bride. Previously I was a witch.
5. The name of your country US of A
6. Your favorite color Purple!
7. Your occupation Hausfrau and student. I will be a nurse when college is out.

Well it's nice to make all y'alls acquaintance! My name is Milissa, and I'm 25. I was invited to this guild, presumably because of my defense of the Bible in a thread. I hope!

I'm married with one baby boy and a girl on the way. Before my encounter with the Lord I practiced black magic and was involved in occultic things. But He has since showed me his great love for me, and how all I was doing was trying to fill a Jesus shaped hole in my heart with witchcraft.

The times we are in are chaotic, just as Jesus and Paul warned us about. But at the same time.. it's so exciting to see the pages of Bible prophecy come to life almost EVERY DAY. That just means seeing the Savior is just around the corner!

Welcome to the guild Milissa! (You are right about why you were invited)
You should post a picture of your dog!
Jesus return is right around the corner. It is very exciting times indeed.
If you do not mind sharing we would love to hear what happened to make you turn away from the occult.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

StagePlayer

Hilarious Entrepreneur

7,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:48 pm
Garland-Green
StagePlayer
Hello everyone. I'm Sunnie smile I'm 17, and I'm a christian. Just a regular girl in this world. I have no pets though I would want nothing more! My favorite color is blue and I'm new to this guild. I don't even know what a guild is lol

to discuss topics of interest. What kind of pet would you want if you could have one?

Thank you and I have to say, I've been enjoying the posts here! If I could have a pet, I would want a dog! more than anything in the world ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted a big old retriever!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:18 pm
Garland-Green

If you do not mind sharing we would love to hear what happened to make you turn away from the occult.

When I get an opportunity I will post a picture. He's a particularly fat variety of Husky. Does that make him a husky Husky? xp Bad joke, I know.

Well, I had been heavily invested into all things black/white magic from when I was a young teen. My mother and grandmother encouraged it, giving me tarot cards and the like. At one point in time, I was known through my school for my palm/tarot readings. I was even invited to join a witch's coven!

But I think God had a different calling for me. I can see His hand guiding me even then. I abruptly moved from AZ (where I was) to CO within a month's span. I was cut off from my contacts. My aunt started witnessing to me one day, and something strange happened. I got hot and cold sweats, I shook all over. I couldn't understand what was going on! So.. just to try it out, I prayed to Jesus for the first time willingly. All those symptoms went away, and I felt such love and peace that I never could have gotten with my spells and cards.

I flirted back and forth for a while between God and my tarot cards (the last thing to go!). The more I drew to Jesus, the meaner the cards would read for me. The more they predicted numerous accidents and even my death, it solidified my turn to Jesus.

Now, I see the New Age for the LIE it is. I warn others when possible.  

-Halloween Barbie-

Dapper Phantom

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:39 am
-Halloween Barbie-
Garland-Green

When I get an opportunity I will post a picture. He's a particularly fat variety of Husky. Does that make him a husky Husky? xp Bad joke, I know.

Well, I had been heavily invested into all things black/white magic from when I was a young teen. My mother and grandmother encouraged it, giving me tarot cards and the like. At one point in time, I was known through my school for my palm/tarot readings. I was even invited to join a witch's coven!

But I think God had a different calling for me. I can see His hand guiding me even then. I abruptly moved from AZ (where I was) to CO within a month's span. I was cut off from my contacts. My aunt started witnessing to me one day, and something strange happened. I got hot and cold sweats, I shook all over. I couldn't understand what was going on! So.. just to try it out, I prayed to Jesus for the first time willingly. All those symptoms went away, and I felt such love and peace that I never could have gotten with my spells and cards.

I flirted back and forth for a while between God and my tarot cards (the last thing to go!). The more I drew to Jesus, the meaner the cards would read for me. The more they predicted numerous accidents and even my death, it solidified my turn to Jesus.

Now, I see the New Age for the LIE it is. I warn others when possible.

So great that you are now saved! It is always interesting to hear other people's salvation stories, especially those who have been involved in the occult, and what happened to bring them over to Christ. I was also into occult practices; self-realization. Internet evangelism was what shook me out the deception and made me see the Truth, that I was desperately in need of God's forgiveness. My friend who I used to talk to about the occult (she had spent her whole life trying to achieve self-realization) got really sick, and had to go to an institution. One day when I was visiting her she was far away mentally. Sleeping in her chair. She barely recognized me. She came to it and said: "Evil men, have taken over the world." It made me quite upset, and I started doing some research when I got home. I knew that The Great White Brotherhood is a real organization having known people who have been in contact with them. To me they were what I was trying to - self realized. They had become god-men through their practices, or so I thought. Coming across this making me rethink things (not everything on the site is necessarily true, however I believe some is. When compared to descriptions of the White Brotherhood elsewhere, it matches up), not exactly the same site that I visited, but it contains much of the same info. It has been nine years since I was saved, and since I came across that site so it is hard to find. It made me realize that I was sinning in believing I myself was God, and that all I needed was the right technique to release my kundalini (perversion of the concept of the Holy Spirit), and that the reason I believed this was that I had been cleverly deceived by evil that was not of a human character, for the sole purpose of preventing me from having a relationship with God. I was heavily invested in eastern occultism, and had a large library that I ended up burning not wanting anyone else to fall into the trap I did.

Your cards convinced you of their evil nature didn't they?
If there is that kind of evil, there is also the kind of goodness we find described in the Bible.

How's your mother and grandmother now? Any of them saved?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:44 am
StagePlayer
Garland-Green
StagePlayer

Thank you and I have to say, I've been enjoying the posts here! If I could have a pet, I would want a dog! more than anything in the world ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted a big old retriever!

I am glad you have enjoyed the posts. ^^ Don't be scared to ask for prayers,
advice or jump into a discussion. Retrievers are very nice dogs.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:52 am
fsfdsfdfds tune
Hello. ^^ My name is Mira, but you may call me Zippy. I am twenty years old, non-denominational. I believe (and know) that Jesus is the only way, truth, and life. I am very thankful for this Guild.

1. Name your pets:

Rocky, the Australian Cattle Dog; and Giman, the black dwarf rabbit.

2. List your favorite Bible verse

Philippians 2:5 - "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus."

3. List your favorite book of the Bible

The Psalms, as well as Isaiah.

4. Your denomination/beliefs

Faith in Jesus Christ is the only way to be saved. It is a supernatural work of the Holy Spirit that enables us to overcome our sins. And although we still may sin at times, God loves us, because when He looks at us, He sees Jesus.

5. The name of your country

United States.

6. Your favorite color

Caribbean blue.

7. Your occupation

A Data Collection Associate working for Crossmark. I am also hoping to become a music producer as well.

Welcome to the guild Mira! biggrin Why us is Isaiah one your favorite books?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:08 pm
Garland-Green

So great that you are now saved! It is always interesting to hear other people's salvation stories, especially those who have been involved in the occult, and what happened to bring them over to Christ. I was also into occult practices; self-realization. Internet evangelism was what shook me out the deception and made me see the Truth, that I was desperately in need of God's forgiveness. My friend who I used to talk to about the occult (she had spent her whole life trying to achieve self-realization) got really sick, and had to go to an institution. One day when I was visiting her she was far away mentally. Sleeping in her chair. She barely recognized me. She came to it and said: "Evil men, have taken over the world." It made me quite upset, and I started doing some research when I got home. I knew that The Great White Brotherhood is a real organization having known people who have been in contact with them. To me they were what I was trying to - self realized. They had become god-men through their practices, or so I thought. Coming across this making me rethink things (not everything on the site is necessarily true, however I believe some is. When compared to descriptions of the White Brotherhood elsewhere, it matches up), not exactly the same site that I visited, but it contains much of the same info. It has been nine years since I was saved, and since I came across that site so it is hard to find. It made me realize that I was sinning in believing I myself was God, and that all I needed was the right technique to release my kundalini (perversion of the concept of the Holy Spirit), and that the reason I believed this was that I had been cleverly deceived by evil that was not of a human character, for the sole purpose of preventing me from having a relationship with God. I was heavily invested in eastern occultism, and had a large library that I ended up burning not wanting anyone else to fall into the trap I did.

If there is that kind of evil, there is also the kind of goodness we find described in the Bible.

I have heard of many types of secret societies, but never about the Great White Brotherhood. I'll be checking out your link momentarily.
It seems as though the kundalini spirit has been making it's rounds especially in this area. I've heard of many people being delivered from it. What's your stance on deliverance, by the way?

I'm glad that you too saw so-called mysticism as bs. Good for you burning your books.. I just tore mine up and threw them away. I pray that no one pieces them together.

And yes, the nastier my cards read, the more I was convinced that they were truly evil. My mother.. I don't know if she's saved or not. The last time I saw her a few years ago she was plagued by demons, even saying she had Lucifer as a lover. They (the spirits) drove her to extreme alcoholism. I've had very vivid dreams about her being overtaken by the dark. I know God makes 5 steps forward to every one step we make to Him, but I'm afraid she's completely lost. She fled to a different state.

My grandmother claimed to have converted, becoming an episcopalian minister. She so lovingly sent me all her spellbooks and tarot card sets. When my grandfather passed, she cut off contact with my family and bared her fangs. I hope the Lord Jesus shows her what true Christianity is.  

-Halloween Barbie-

Dapper Phantom

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:57 pm
Hello hello...I am karkiainen
1. I have two cats and two dogs. loki and poly are my kitties and jed and gracie are my dogs.
2. the entire chapter of psalms 3
3. psalms
4. strictly non denominational though I thrive on the philosophies of the bible but I have some very hard times with certain people who label themselves as christian but live under title's that bare great shame and dishonor or hate even when they dont exactly know it
5. Ahmer'i'ca
6. Green
7. just got out of the navy as an aviation electronics mate  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:41 pm
-Halloween Barbie-
Garland-Green

I have heard of many types of secret societies, but never about the Great White Brotherhood. I'll be checking out your link momentarily.
It seems as though the kundalini spirit has been making it's rounds especially in this area. I've heard of many people being delivered from it. What's your stance on deliverance, by the way?

I'm glad that you too saw so-called mysticism as bs. Good for you burning your books.. I just tore mine up and threw them away. I pray that no one pieces them together.

And yes, the nastier my cards read, the more I was convinced that they were truly evil. My mother.. I don't know if she's saved or not. The last time I saw her a few years ago she was plagued by demons, even saying she had Lucifer as a lover. They (the spirits) drove her to extreme alcoholism. I've had very vivid dreams about her being overtaken by the dark. I know God makes 5 steps forward to every one step we make to Him, but I'm afraid she's completely lost. She fled to a different state.

My grandmother claimed to have converted, becoming an episcopalian minister. She so lovingly sent me all her spellbooks and tarot card sets. When my grandfather passed, she cut off contact with my family and bared her fangs. I hope the Lord Jesus shows her what true Christianity is.

It is ironic to me now that the kundalini is also called the coiled serpent, that I see its true nature. I believe deliverance to be Biblical. God delivers his people
frequently from peril in the Bible. Sometimes this deliverance involves comforting and encouraging us through them as He uses them to mature us in the faith, other time he directly intervenes for us. We also have quite a few great tools at our disposal when in need of deliverance, the shield of faith and sword of the Spirit are two very important ones.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:51 am
Hi everyone! My name is Ashleigh, I'm 22. smile

1. Sigma: He's a chinchilla and basically my fluffy son!
2. (There are so, so many...) Matthew 25:37 - 40 NIV:

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

This is one of my absolute favorites, though. I have turned to this quote sooo, so many times in the past and still to this day it holds its same significance.

3. There is not just one.
4. I'm Christian. My beliefs are primarily traditional but there are some things that I look at differently than the common Christian belief would be viewed upon. They are still some things that I'm constantly debating with myself, as well as with God to find the truth in the matter.
5. United States Of America
6. Pinkk. smile
7. I'm a medical coder/biller. I originally wanted to get into the medical field, but as soon as I got into it, I wanted straight out! It is not the path that I am meant to go down.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games