Welcome to Gaia! ::

◄▌ Dark Waters ▐►

Back to Guilds

Primarily a Booty Grab guild, with a little bit of everything else as well. ;) 

Tags: Gold, Dark, Waters, Booty, Grab 

Reply [Dark Waters] Community
Gaia Lied, People Cried and Started a Revolt

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mademoiselle Kit

Questionable Genius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:02 pm
I don't know if you guys are aware yet, but there is a MASSIVE revolt going on in the zOMG forums right now.

Its not about zOMG being shut down, if that's what you're wondering. Its about the fact that we were lied to FROM THE START about the profitability of zomg, told to spend money to save the game we love when they had no intention of saving it, took our money and then threw the game under a bus and then LIED TO US about several things ("we did an extensive ad campaign and it wasn't profitable--oh wait we never advertised it at all" "money spent on zomg things will go to zomg--oh wait it'll go to facebook games instead") and one very brave developer finally called Gaia on its bullshit.

We're trying to spread the word because its not just about zomg now--several other communities are getting on the bandwagon because of the implications that Gaia will lie to us in order to take our money and they honestly don't care what we think.

Please pass it on. The more people that know, the more people we can get behind us to call HQ on their lies.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:05 pm
I agree, which is the main reason I refuse to participate in the communities anymore. I check my mobile app once a day regardless if I actually check the actual website, just to keep up on the guild. My Memphis are finally starting to die off, and I refuse to replace them with anything else.

Gaia HQ has been manipulating all the communities for quite some time now. It started with zOMG!, which is the first reason I actually made a Gaia account. I wanted a break from the complexity and repetition of WoW (since I'd been playing for almost 6 years now), and it was a pleasant and simple web-based mmorpg. Until it got railroaded. Then I stumbled across the aquarium community and booty grab. Was extremely active for a good while, until it got railroaded. They nerfed our gold bonus from 350% to 300%, pulled that nonsense where we couldn't play our own tanks, and removed some of the most popular fish from the stores "to stop the creation of new tanks for a few weeks." Well, I don't care how anybody defines "a few", 6 months is a whole lot more than "a few weeks". Among other underhanded ploys, Booty Grab got the shaft.

And now they're going after zOMG! again.

But if you haven't noticed, since these popular features of Gaia have been under threat, we're now bombarded by brand new cash-shop items and evolutions multiple times a week rather than once or twice a month. It's been getting more and more often as time progresses because they don't care about what we think, they just want our money. They've been shoving cash-items down our throats for at least the last 6 months without paying a single ounce of attention to the reasons why we're here to begin with.

This is why I only come on to moderate the guild. I play tanks if I'm fixing pages or submitting new tanks to the roster and happen to catch them glowing, but that's about the extent of it. But regardless of how active I am, I know a good share of our members still are, and I won't give them the cold shoulder that HQ has. I will continue to moderate this guild and if things turn around, I might actually become more active again. I just don't see that happening in the near future.

heart
DE  

DarkErotica
Captain

KlaussKinsky

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:20 am
Thanks for the link.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:53 am
that's crazy burning_eyes
thank's for posting the link

ninjaboy1989

Profitable Grabber