Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mockingjay ~ a Hunger Games Guild

Back to Guilds

A little guild dedicated to 'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins. 

Tags: The Hunger Games, Roleplays, Books, Suzanne Collins, Fans 

Reply The Capitol.
OMG TEAM... wait, this isn't Twilight. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think about the whole "team" concept?
  I love it.
  It's pretty cool.
  Indifferent.
  I don't like it.
  It's downright horrible.
View Results

Swagonite

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:09 pm
Seriously. This whole team thing is really starting to piss me off. The Twilight series was, and is, a joke. Bringing this whole team thing into the Hunger Games is such bullshit. Katniss doesn't need Gale or Peeta honestly. She could do perfectly well without them. Evidence of such was shown throughout the book. Plus, why is there need for the whole team thing if you've already read the 3 books and knows what happens. It's pointless. That's like saying let's start up Team Foxface to win the 74th Hunger Games. Does that make sense to you? Twilight was a pretty bad series, and the people who were obsessed over it were even worse. This isn't Twilight. Sure, there's a broke, dysfunctional version of a love triangle, but it is nothing like Twilight's.

Bella sweated Edward and Jacob's ballsacks. Katniss is being hounded by two guys who have very different stories. Gale was her only best friend. Peeta was some guy she never even knew, but had admitted his love for her. This isn't Katniss choosing which she loves, but letting the Capitol choose for her, at least until later in the series. Then it's whoever can survive. Even at that point, she isn't very in love. She independent. She doesn't care that much.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:14 am
Super Paperclip
Seriously. This whole team thing is really starting to piss me off. The Twilight series was, and is, a joke. Bringing this whole team thing into the Hunger Games is such bullshit. Katniss doesn't need Gale or Peeta honestly. She could do perfectly well without them. Evidence of such was shown throughout the book. Plus, why is there need for the whole team thing if you've already read the 3 books and knows what happens. It's pointless. That's like saying let's start up Team Foxface to win the 74th Hunger Games. Does that make sense to you? Twilight was a pretty bad series, and the people who were obsessed over it were even worse. This isn't Twilight. Sure, there's a broke, dysfunctional version of a love triangle, but it is nothing like Twilight's.

Bella sweated Edward and Jacob's ballsacks. Katniss is being hounded by two guys who have very different stories. Gale was her only best friend. Peeta was some guy she never even knew, but had admitted his love for her. This isn't Katniss choosing which she loves, but letting the Capitol choose for her, at least until later in the series. Then it's whoever can survive. Even at that point, she isn't very in love. She independent. She doesn't care that much.

I agree... and I'm nervous because twilight started out by being only read by nice normal people... like the hunger games. i dont want to lose the hunger games D:  

Dr Fuzzi

4,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Swagonite

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:21 am
Dr Fuzzi
Super Paperclip

I agree... and I'm nervous because twilight started out by being only read by nice normal people... like the hunger games. i dont want to lose the hunger games D:

Yeah. It's really pissing me off, actually.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:30 pm
Super Paperclip
Dr Fuzzi
Super Paperclip

Yeah. It's really pissing me off, actually.

3nodding I agree with your statement completely! Twilight... it really is a joke written by some woman who should never be referred to as a writer. =/ I despise that people compare her to Susan Collin's or JK Rowling. There is no comparison.

Also, I'm excited for the movies, but for my own personal reasons. I probably will dislike everyone who goes to see it who knows nothing about the series, who have never even picked up the book but claims THEY LOVE IT SOOOOO MUCH. emotion_0A0 Kids are so easy to follow whatever is in, go with the trends cause they want to be part of the crowd. My sister, who is 14, does that... and I worry she's going to do that with THG 'cause her friends are, even though I have been trying to convince her to read the books before the movies come out. emotion_facepalm  

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Gabbineer

Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:42 am
I hate it so much. It bothers me... And I have a feeling everyone is gonna go crazy with it when the movie comes out... Kill me now. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:51 pm
TWI. LIGHT. ISN'T. LITERATURE.

Fans are the most annoying things about any book, I even call myself annoying. Though people can voice their oppinions, it sometimes gets out of hand, and people hate each other for their oppinions. *sigh*

And I hope that that doesn't happen, I want to see Hunger Games and like it. Though, I hope it's not going to be like what happened with Eragon...  

Youkai Saint

Generous Mage

11,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Survivor 150
  • Partygoer 500

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:00 pm
Gabbineer
I hate it so much. It bothers me... And I have a feeling everyone is gonna go crazy with it when the movie comes out... Kill me now. sad

*nods* I know... I'm probably going to be very annoyed.
When I go see it, if I see anyone with a "Team" shirt on I'm punching them in the face.
Someone on tumblr brought up a good point about the whole team thing with hunger games.

The reason there should be teams is because no matter the outcome, Katniss' life will be mostly the same no matter if she chose Gale or Peeta, with twilight, bella's life will be completely different depending on who she chooses... thus the whole team thing. (ok. I admit, I've read the books and seen the movies. My argument on twilight is that the movies are better than the books which is really. really. SAD. I agree, Twilight isn't literature. And a movie should never be better than it's book counter part.)

Ugh... >.< I heard Eragon the movie was 100% awful to those who read the book. My girlfriend finally watched the movie and was bitching the entire time about it, I can understand why.. after she explained how much they messed up the whole movie.

But again, we must think to ourselves, Susan Collins herself wrote the original script and has said herself that the movie turned out very well. =3 So I'm trying to be optimistic about the movie.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:45 am
definitely agreeing that the whole "team" thing is annoying. stare
to be honest though, i didn`t read the trilogy until last week. [finished all three in three days if i might add wink ]
i didn`t read the books because i wanted to join the bandwagon and become a total fangirl. i enjoy reading in general and it`s been awhile since i`ve actually read a great series like THG.
i also like the books from the twilight saga. i`ve liked them even before they were mainstream. :p
but, i also agree that THG is definitely not like twilight, so it shouldn`t be treated like and be compared to twilight in any way possible.
when they announced the twilight movies to come out, fans of probably a few thousand shot up to worldwide and then came the fangirls which basically ruined my perspective of twilight.

i think they come up with the teams, not because of the characters, but because of the actors themselves.  

Lovely HyeEun

Youkai Saint

Generous Mage

11,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Survivor 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:28 pm
Lovely HyeEun
definitely agreeing that the whole "team" thing is annoying. stare
to be honest though, i didn`t read the trilogy until last week. [finished all three in three days if i might add wink ]
i didn`t read the books because i wanted to join the bandwagon and become a total fangirl. i enjoy reading in general and it`s been awhile since i`ve actually read a great series like THG.
i also like the books from the twilight saga. i`ve liked them even before they were mainstream. :p
but, i also agree that THG is definitely not like twilight, so it shouldn`t be treated like and be compared to twilight in any way possible.
when they announced the twilight movies to come out, fans of probably a few thousand shot up to worldwide and then came the fangirls which basically ruined my perspective of twilight.

i think they come up with the teams, not because of the characters, but because of the actors themselves.

I agree with everything you just said 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:33 am
This book to me wasn't even close to Twilight. If I could compare it I would say Harry Potter, but at least Harry is awesome. I completely HATE the TWILIGHT SAGA! The whole TEAM thing is really silly to me!  

Gipsy Dangerr

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:26 pm
It makes me think that there's really no hope for America.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:41 pm
crying I love the team thing.

GO TEAM PEETTTTAAAAAA! woot

ninja ninja ninja  

alexisiop

Fashionable Shopper

4,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200

Youkai Saint

Generous Mage

11,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Survivor 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:42 pm
Well, I guess we couldn't expect any less since the main character is a girl and there are two boy side characters who both love her.

And Katniss may have a bit of marysue in her. Just saying.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:11 am
I was one of the nice Twilight people and I'm one of the nice Hunger Games people. No I'm not going to hate on Twilight because honestly, I enjoyed the series. It was the first book series I ever read. Anyways, I hate the team fans. I hate them as much as I hate the people who are bringin it to The Hunger Games. I mean, it's like all of you said, everyone knows what's going to happen. I didnt want The Hunger Games to be turned into a movie because I knew this would happen. It would get popular and all of these annoying people would get the team thing going and just ruin the movie experience for me. Blah.  

xDanie Bearx

Dapper Lover

chiyoasuka

5,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:41 pm
Swagonite

The Capitol.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff