Reply The Japanese Guild
Japanesse stories/books/whatever XP

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ame-no-Insomniac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:08 pm
The library nearest me just got a new section in a while ago. Supposedly... an ASIAN section. Like, with books in different languages.

... or so my mom says. I'd check it out, but I'm afraid I don't know enough. I have a book full of stories in Japanese and I just don't know enough kanji or words in general.

What my point is, really: have any of you guys read stories in Japanese? Did you find them hard? Which was your fav'rite?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:45 pm
I don't know more than a handful of kanji, so I couldn't yet. However, I've been looking long and hard for a Bible written in Japanese. eek I'm going to have to hunt down this shop of yours to find out if I'm lucky yet... whee Although probably not.  

HotaruTomoeIAA

Kawaii_Kenji

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:00 pm
Stories? i know lots of scary stories from japan.

there is a old scary lady in the mountains that help lost people in the snow. but when she invites you into her house, she kills you when u sleep.

there are other stories but i will tell them later.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:44 pm
i so wanna learn all the japanese folk stories cool  

Evil_Mistressof_Buahaha

Yilei

Eloquent Entrepreneur

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:20 pm
I had to for class. >.> It was required. Of course mine were in classical Japanese, and those were hard because you had to look up a lot of the words and some of the kanji combinations were archaic. It was fun still, but a lot of work.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:33 pm
I'm in my third year of Japanese and right now I'm attempting to translate a newspaper article. It has a lot of kanji in it and it has to do with an event at a Buddhist temple so yeah, I'm having a fun time with that. XD

I've read quite a few Japanese stories in English. I took a Japanese Literature class last semester and we read stories by Kawabata, Tanizaki, and Inoue. I'm in a Japanese Fiction through Film class now and we're reading even more. It's in English too but my Intermediate Readings class will make up for that. XP  

FightouChan

The Japanese Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff