Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Obama and birth control issue

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Party Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:40 pm
So what do you think of Obama wanting to require Catholic medical charities to carry birth control? Just wondering your opinions?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:55 pm
User Image

Just because they carry it doesn't mean that they have to require people to use it.
It should be the patents choice.
If the patent wants it they should be able to have access to it.

User Image

PSM Guild Mule

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:27 pm
Most Catholics use birth control anyways so it shouldn't matter.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:52 pm
I think birth control is great for preventing people who are not ready to be parents and deciding to have intercourse from having children they won't take care of. Its sad because I see that happen a lot. I got married young and Im a parent but right now I myself am on birth control because its the best choice right now because my daughter has aspergers and needs full time attention. And my husband is the only one working right now so I want us to be more financially fit.  

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Party Member 100

Fringie Jester

Hardened Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:30 pm
On one hand I think that everyone should be allowed to have the same opportunities to gain access to birth control. For two reasons. One being, Catholic Hospitals treat a variety of patients with different backgrounds and religions. The second reason is because it's the individuals choice to choose what is right or wrong for them and how it will effect them in this life and the one to come. Because it's different from person to person. To one person birth control is a good thing. To others it's bad. Everyone has the right to have their own opinion.

My ONLY objection to it, is the fact that the government is sticking its nose into almost everything these days... I mean someone has too, for this issue, I suppose. But lately they're getting involved in everything and I don't like it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:01 am
Jester25
On one hand I think that everyone should be allowed to have the same opportunities to gain access to birth control. For two reasons. One being, Catholic Hospitals treat a variety of patients with different backgrounds and religions. The second reason is because it's the individuals choice to choose what is right or wrong for them and how it will effect them in this life and the one to come. Because it's different from person to person. To one person birth control is a good thing. To others it's bad. Everyone has the right to have their own opinion.

My ONLY objection to it, is the fact that the government is sticking its nose into almost everything these days... I mean someone has too, for this issue, I suppose. But lately they're getting involved in everything and I don't like it.

When the government has this much control it makes me worry what kind of rights they could take away.  

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Party Member 100

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:33 am
XknightkidsX
Jester25

When the government has this much control it makes me worry what kind of rights they could take away.

war is peace
freedom is slavery
ignorance is strength

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:02 pm
I question if some of these things has to do with Revelations sometimes. Its just small things i notice and other church members discuss it.  

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Party Member 100

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:38 pm
The government shouldn't be allowed to mandate that we purchase, provide,etc. Anything! Period.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:41 pm
Shadows-shine
The government shouldn't be allowed to mandate that we purchase, provide,etc. Anything! Period.

This.  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Fringie Jester

Hardened Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:58 pm
Yeah I agree.

I think that the Catholic hospitals that want to provide birth control, should do so. But it should be their decision and not the governments... the government should keep their noses out of everybody's lives. But they think that "big brother knows best" when it's not so. Because they're flawed people just like the rest of us.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:35 am
As an American I don't believe the government has any right forcing any religious group to do anything, Only exception being the religious group is Denying our god given rights. Forcing them to provide birth control Does not effect the Life Liberty or the Pursuit of happiness Especially sense you can grab a bunch of free condoms in your colleges health office or plan parenthood center so on. Your entitled to live, Be free and Live life the way you want. If Pursuing happiness implies you want everyone else to hand you everything in a silver plate, well that affects our freedoms and our own pursuit of happiness.

As an orthodox catholic I know we all like to point out the hypocrisies of people claiming to be something. (Most catholics use birth control, ect, etc.) The word of God is the word of God, Not the Word of what society deems fit. If you belong to a religion that changes its core beliefs every time society changes you might want to re-think that.

My 2 cents >=3 (Can care less if you think birth control is right or wrong, Its not about that. Its about the government trying to control our freedoms, religion being one of them.)  

Nikolai The Majestic

Shirtless Capitalist

8,675 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Bible and other christian discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items