as I haven't been on NSTG forums for a good amount of time. But here's a thread I started in another guild some time ago:

So it seems with the seemingly imminent implementation of ACTA, Megaupload (one of the largest, fastest, and most popular file hosting services) is now out for good as its domains have been seized by the US government and its sites closed down. Rather unfortunate as it was probably my favorite file hosting site. Filesonic and other file hosting services have also announced that they will be ending file sharing by allowing only the original uploader of files to download them. Additionally, many file hosting sites have discontinued their "rewards program" which rewarded users for acquiring large amounts of downloads (usually premium accounts but in MU's case, premium accounts AND money).

Megaupload founder Kim Schmitz (Kim Dotcom) has also been arrested and is currently being detained without bail in New Zealand with the possibility of extradition to the US. If found guilty, it could spell bad news for any site that unknowingly participates in copyright infringement such as youtube, mediafire, facebook, google, etc.

It seems likely that if the people don't make enough noise over this outrage, ACTA and SOPA will be soon to pass. The hacker collection known as "Anonymous" has taken it upon themselves to retaliate with a mass DDoS attack on the websites of the organizations that orchestrated the takedown. A more effective means of protest, IMO, would be a mass boycott of the goods they seek to protect. I doubt that would ever happen though. People today are too spoiled to go without the latest Lady Gaga song for too long.

Thoughts? Comments? I may make a thread about Google and their questionable actions within recent days later.