Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Fasting

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PSM Guild Mule

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:39 pm
User Image

So right now I'm sucking at making topics...
Anyway.

Fasting do you do it and why?

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:45 pm
User Image

Anyway I do it a few times a week.
It lasts a day.
I'll drink coffee, juice, water or tea.
No eating anything at all.

I do it before I ask for something, just because I dunno.
I just like fasting before I ask for something.
Whether it be forgiveness or help.

I know people are like you don't have to fast to ask for forgiveness, but I like doing it anyway. I was thinking about making a blog here about it too, But I dunno.

User Image

PSM Guild Mule

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:52 pm
I don't because I used to have an eating disorder. I don't want to trigger it and go through that again.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:43 pm
I thought about it but I have to eat right now if I don't I get dizzy. I think it has to do with blood sugar. But I do cut things out and give things up. I grew up catholic so I used to give up things on lent.  

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Party Member 100

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:39 pm
I've never done it, but every once and a while I like to have a break from the internet. It helps me not to be addicted to it or anything like that. xD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:03 pm
gothic_black_rose
I don't because I used to have an eating disorder. I don't want to trigger it and go through that again.

You know you can fast from non-food related things such as video games or tv, right?  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:20 pm
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
gothic_black_rose

You know you can fast from non-food related things such as video games or tv, right?

I think you have sacrafice confused with fasting. Fasting is defined as abstaining from food.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:29 pm
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
gothic_black_rose

That's what I originally thought as well, however clicky on linky for proofy. : 3  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Party Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:31 pm
I decided to participate in Lent and give up coffee. Its the only bad habbit I have besides cheese and chocolate but its the biggest one.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:47 pm
gothic_black_rose
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
gothic_black_rose

I think you have sacrafice confused with fasting. Fasting is defined as abstaining from food.

Ah, I see.  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

Expilliarmus

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:15 pm
I do it every once in a while.no. If there are souls that has to be won, or things like that.. Ehehe. But you must never tell anyone that you do nor look sad while fasting. XD

Matthew 6:16
And when you fast, don’t make it obvious, as the hypocrites do, for they try to look miserable and disheveled so people will admire them for their fasting. I tell you the truth, that is the only reward they will ever get. (NLT)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:33 pm
Fasting 101

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:27 pm
Fasting a spiritual decision to make and all depends on you. Fasting is supposed to also be a secretive decision you make:

Matthew 6:16 - 18 NIV:

When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show men they are fasting. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to men that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

According to scripture, fasting is a personal thing that is between you and God. Some people fast because they're praying for a miracle and putting their faith into God to keep them going and it shows trust to God. Some people out there may not be able to fast if they have certain medical conditions, but if they are called to fast or believe they should, then that is for them to decide to take action or not. Also remember that all things are possible through Christ!  
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games