Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[PF] [Interest Check] Six-Shooters & Dragons Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain Ragnar Devonin
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:42 pm
WOOOOO-WOOOOO!

The sound of the train's whistle blared into the air twice, alerting those in the town that the train would be departing in only 20 minutes time.

You stand on the walkway beside the train, waiting your turn to step onboard. Ahead of you are a number of people all held up by a single person, a girl holding the arm of a large metal golem companion as she tries to drag him into the train car.

"Come on already! It isn't going to hurt you!" she says to it, the golem seemingly ignoring her attempts. The glowing rune on both her forehead and the forehead of her giant metallic friend signal that the two are linked in some way despite their apparent disagreement.

"Hurry it up, you lot!" a voice calls to your left, and you turn to see about a dozen prisoners being loaded onto the second to last train car by several lawmen. That wasn't something you were aware of when you purchased your ticket, it had been advertised as a cross-country trip on the most advanced train constructed to date... not a prisoner transfer. Still, with the guards taking up residence in the rear car of the train and the seemingly empty freight car in front of the prisoner one (also for the guards), at least they shouldn't be causing any issues.

"Mr. Rockford! Mr. Rockford! Please wait for me!" the desperate plea of a man draws your attention to your right, a rather dignified-looking man being chased by a person with an armful of papers toward the front car of the train, right behind the locomotive and as far from the prisoners as possible. Rockford... the name sounds familiar, and as you glance along the length of the train you remember why - the words "Rockford Express 103C" are written on the side of each passenger car. The man who was responsible for the creation of this train.

"Put your backs into it! Damnit! There's still a lot to load and you fools are taking forever!" the rough voice of a dwarf shouts from behind you, and you can't but to turn and look at the short, bearded man with his arms crossed standing next to a pile of luggage, ordering several half-elven lackies about as they attempt to carry the obviously heavy backs onto one of the rear cars of the train.

A five day trip to Paradise River, with a seemingly angry dwarf, some kind of VIP and prisoners and guards... going to be a fun trip. ... Yeah, right. If the heat of the nearby desert didn't get on your nerves, or any of them, it'd probably be one of the passengers or some outside force as with this many interesting folk boarding things were bound to happen.

Information
[PF] - Pathfinder System. Only official, non-third party Pathfinder content will be allowed.
[Interest Check] - Checking for interest to see who might be interested in this game. I'll either be running this one, or the other game. If you posted for the other one and are interested in this one too, let me know when you post here which you'd prefer. I'm not going to run them both at the same time, but with enough interest in both I'll probably eventually run both just the one with more interest first.

The best I can think of to describe the idea for this game is as follows: high fantasy, wild west, and some steampunk-y elements. The game is a short game, like the other, only this one takes place over a 5-day journey on the newest, latest, and greatest in locomotives. (Was playing some Wild Arms when I thought of this a month ago, been mulling over the idea and I'm still as interested in running it). It's a short game because the original idea was a more full-fledged campaign, but I want to use some people as test runners to see how this kind of game would play out interactions and character-wise. And to see if there is any interest in this sort of setting.

Why you're on this train? I leave up to you. You could be a lawman transferring to Paradise River, a criminal who just escaped fleeing the law, someone going to visit a friend, a trader, pilgrim, prostitute, gold hunter or whatever else you want.

The first day of the journey will take the train through a desert, to a pit stop on the third day, into a valley/along the coast, and finally to its' destination deep in the heart of a forest on the fifth day. Each day will be a seperate chapter and if you want, you don't even have to talk to the other characters - the train has 12 cars (not including the final 3, locomotive, or VIP car) so you can be spread out amongst it, or start yourselves all in the same area.

Guns, obviously, would be allowed using "Guns Everywhere" or similar-level of technology as described in the Pathfinder Ultimate Combat book. Although all guns will follow the same general stats, if you want to make yours based after something real or something totally made-up - that works for me. You don't HAVE to use guns either, you can use a bow, or melee weapons (as there will be opportunites for both).

The starting level will be 5; probably 25 point buy or 4d6 rolled (players gettng the choice). I also mull over the idea of giving everyone a virtual 'leadership' feat - allowing you to have a companion (maybe the ticket was for you +1) along for the ride if you so desire. A lawman could have a good friend, an outlaw some family or friends who are helping him escape, a mage could have an apprentice. This person needs to relate ICly to your character in some way, their class would have to make sense for them, and they'd begin at level 2. However, I'm iffy on the idea and still working out the details.

I believe that's everything for this one. If you haven't checked out "The Temple's Final Hours" - I'd say give it a go. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you're interested well you better let me know!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:48 pm
wait, what about your other game?  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Captain Ragnar Devonin
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:40 pm
As I mentioned in the post...

I'm interested in running both of them; but I'm seeing which would have more player interest and then will be running that one first. When it finishes, I'll run the other one.

Personally, I can't decide which one I want to run more. Therefore running the one with the most interest player-wise makes the most logical sense. At least to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:46 pm
with most players, we don't care... So which one do you want to play more?  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Captain Ragnar Devonin
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:24 pm
Don't care about what? What game you join? I'd argue otherwise. That I'd like to run both eventually? Fair enough, I guess.

And again, as I mentioned in what I just posted - I want to run both equally as much as the other. Please read my posts. >.<  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:48 pm
I did, though memory is kind of shot right now... unless if you want me to code, the medical report after a battle... razz .

I was just saying, most players really don't mind what the game is. A lot are just seeking a game to kill the time. and will jump at anything, that sounds remotely good.

At the moment, I really could care less what game to play. Both sounds interesting, and I have characters already in the planning stages for both games. Just waiting on you to give the okay on one game, and say what is needed to create a character  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Jun Valson

Versatile Genius

9,250 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:37 pm
checking in, showing a mild interest, though I don't have the book you're mentioning (and a lot of other Path books, mostly I just have core, advanced, and a few random other ones (Most of which are prolly 3rd party) >.>_)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:43 am
The Pathfinder SRD is free and available to everyone. See the sticky about SRDs for a link to Paizo's official one and another 3rd-party one. I can't C/P on my device, unfortunately.

I will give this another 2-3 days before I decide on running either this game, or the other one, mostly because I'll be a bit too busy to start a game over the next 2-3 days.  

Captain Ragnar Devonin
Crew

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:50 am
I had a bard character ripped out of Once Upon a Time in the West, but I wonder . . in the interests of awesomeness, could the Snatch Arrows feat grab bullets?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:43 am
If the character has some good DEX, why not? xD  

Captain Ragnar Devonin
Crew

Jun Valson

Versatile Genius

9,250 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:35 am
I sorta picture something like the guy from Final Fantasy unlimited (obviously summoning out of the gun is out, as well as multiple eidolons, but hey, the rest is easy enough, bad attitude summoner with a gun)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:42 am
Captain Ragnar Devonin
If the character has some good DEX, why not? xD

Then I've totally got a monk in the works  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:52 am
Even though I vested interest in the other PF game. I'd like to vest priority interest in this as a gunslinger.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:55 am
Mongooseh
Even though I vested interest in the other PF game. I'd like to vest priority interest in this as a gunslinger.
What? In this game? A gunslinger? Outrageous!  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:01 am
Arc Vembris
Mongooseh
What? In this game? A gunslinger? Outrageous!

Mein gott. Heresy! Though I might play the Gun tank variant.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff