Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
How to Spread the Word?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Colored Lights

Witty Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:02 pm
I have a friend, actually one of my best friends who doesn't really believe in Christianity. She has been raised as a Jehovah witness and her dad is a strong believer in that. She doesn't go to her church, which are called meetings, and she's told me that she doesn't pray very often. But she follows a lot of the expectations of her religion. She doesn't say the Pledge of Allegiance or put her hand on her chest, she won't ever give blood or receive it even if she needed it, etc.

Whenever I talk about Jesus or the bible, she actually seems interested in learning about it. I casually asked her to my church once, but I don't think she took me seriously. She just sort of laughed and said that her dad wouldn't be happy if she went to another church (even though she doesn't go to her own...?) I want to get her to go with me some time or at least just talk about it with her. I want her to become a Believer. I would never force her to if she didn't want to. But just last week she even admitted to me that she's not very educated about the Bible and God. She said that she wanted to start going to her meetings again. So I think now would be a good time to share Jesus with her.

So my questions are...
What would be a good way to bring it up? And what would be some good topics to talk about?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:16 pm
Does your church do fun stuff like youth doing a lock in or the college group doing a scavenger hunt? Invite her to that and buy her dinner. No one turns down free food. It always worked with my friends, even the athiest.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Expilliarmus

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:58 am
Why don't you share the inverted bridge for example?
And show your friend how great God's love is!
In times of desperation, I think sharing God's Word will be easy enough for you.
I will also pray that God will open her heart and you can get her to Christianity.. smile
May God bless you!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:43 am
spreading the word of God is not forcing someone to worship him. it's spreading his love. you must live like christ, loving everyone, not judging. and an atheist can still be a good person and live a good life without actually believing in God. God's not gonna smite you for being an atheist.  

zhiliolia

Greedy Gawker

9,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:41 pm
It's amazing that you have such an interest to spread the love of Jesus to your friend.

I've seen how there are people bound by a certain belief because of their parents hand.

In my lifetime, I have been Christian. However, when I was going to my parents church, I didn't understand anything and was always confused because people taught in different ways and they let every man in the church preach if they were there for like a year or more, or desired to become a member. Not everyone there believed the same so I was confused and my parents never answered my questions. When I said, "What is fasting?" They said, "Oh, it's a faith thing." and when I ask tough questions, they would tend to ignore me. I was frustrated and didn't exactly agree with what the church did or how they treated others. I was 20 years old when I left that church. It was a hard decision to make and took a lot of praying, thought, etc. to come to that conclusion. When I married my husband, he told me reasons why my churches beliefs aren't exactly correct, but put it into such a gentle manner and answered all my questions with scripture, even if they were questions that seemed like questions that every Christian should know. But you know what? It was the most amazing gift I received. I cried quite a bit because I was misled and misguided and felt so terrible even though I was unaware of how misleading some of that church's beliefs were. I was glad my husband could explain it to me, but even though my parents hardly want anything to do with me, I keep praying for them and am glad that I can live as a new Christian.

Perhaps like mentioned earlier, invite your friend to a church event, or if your church does VBS, ask her if she would like to lend a hand and help out. I remember going to other churches to help with VBS and stuff at times and it was fun. But I agree once again with what was mentioned earlier - food is a great social activity. Your friend may not be able to get out of her families beliefs while living with them, but with the right encouragement, may be swayed a different direction that she may find more peace of mind through. However, disagreeing with your parents beliefs if they are wrong is not rebellion so she could mention it to her family, but sometimes after that, they want nothing to do with you, sadly.

You could bring up Jesus once in a while or if you are having a hard time and seem happy all the time and your friend asks, "Why?" explain to her how Jesus can help anyone through anything! Simple little things like that. Keep going as long as she shows the interest. As long as you avoid the sentences, "You're a sinner! You're going to Hell!" then you'll be good and she'll see love smile if you have to mention the word "sinner", mention that EVERYONE is a sinner ^_^ good luck and God bless!  
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games