Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
So..... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Merchant of the Devil

Wealthy Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:43 pm
Is anyone here homophobic?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:44 pm
If they are, they shouldn't be. What is there to be afraid of? ^_^ They are some of the nicest and funniest people around. : )  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Wuppa Wuppa

Beloved Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:02 pm
I thought Christians weren't supposed to love homosexuals.

But even so, I don't want to be an ignorant fellow some men at my school act like they're gay but I guess I can't blame them because of estrogen in their food...?

I don't like homosexuals and since this is a Christian guild I am not afraid of saying it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:40 pm
Wuppa Wuppa

But even so, I don't want to be an ignorant fellow some men at my school act like they're gay but I guess I can't blame them because of estrogen in their food...?

I don't like homosexuals and since this is a Christian guild I am not afraid of saying it.

Of course, we all have our opinions. You shouldn't be afraid to say what you want in here.

However, I see in the Bible's perspective that we are to love EVERYONE. Jesus, loved EVERYONE. He ate with the worst of the worst and the Pharisees scoffed at him. He 'hung out' with the prostitutes, rapists, murderers, lame, homosexuals; everyone deemed cursed, sinful, dirty, and not worthy to be around. Jesus did the worst thing possible in men's eyes by not just being around these people but even eating with them. : O He didn't stone the woman brought to him on account of adultery. He didn't condemn her. He loved her and told everyone that if THEY were without sin than they are to throw the first stone. In God's eyes sin is sin is sin is sin. It's all the same to him. One may think, "Oh I only told a little fib..." But it's a lie all the same, and a lie is a sin, and is just as bad as any other sin.

They should not be hated, because they are in need of Jesus's love. If we are hating them, how are we supposed to teach them of His love and his full message? : ) They need Jesus, so that they are saved from Hell. But if we are hating them, how are they supposed to see that message? <3 ^_^  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Wuppa Wuppa

Beloved Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:05 pm
Br1ttana
Wuppa Wuppa

Of course, we all have our opinions. You shouldn't be afraid to say what you want in here.

However, I see in the Bible's perspective that we are to love EVERYONE. Jesus, loved EVERYONE. He ate with the worst of the worst and the Pharisees scoffed at him. He 'hung out' with the prostitutes, rapists, murderers, lame, homosexuals; everyone deemed cursed, sinful, dirty, and not worthy to be around. Jesus did the worst thing possible in men's eyes by not just being around these people but even eating with them. : O He didn't stone the woman brought to him on account of adultery. He didn't condemn her. He loved her and told everyone that if THEY were without sin than they are to throw the first stone. In God's eyes sin is sin is sin is sin. It's all the same to him. One may think, "Oh I only told a little fib..." But it's a lie all the same, and a lie is a sin, and is just as bad as any other sin.

They should not be hated, because they are in need of Jesus's love. If we are hating them, how are we supposed to teach them of His love and his full message? : ) They need Jesus, so that they are saved from Hell. But if we are hating them, how are they supposed to see that message? <3 ^_^

I understand that it's just a bit repulsive to see men act like sissies since I was brought in a kind of home were the usual morales and traditions and etc. Anyhow, I strongly love your opinion on this because it reflects on a true Christian. It's hard for me to see love and compassion when I see them though, it brings distaste to my head. I see your point clearly, it's just....hard to cope with.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:14 pm
Wuppa Wuppa

I understand that it's just a bit repulsive to see men act like sissies since I was brought in a kind of home were the usual morales and traditions and etc. Anyhow, I strongly love your opinion on this because it reflects on a true Christian. It's hard for me to see love and compassion when I see them though, it brings distaste to my head. I see your point clearly, it's just....hard to cope with.

I think I understand. My mom was actually over here reading and she felt that was how my grandfather was as well. He loved Jesus, and was overall a loving man. However, if he were to see a homosexual or a black person it would just be like you. But she said, that if you were to really look down in his heart, he wouldn't hate them, it was just how he was brought up and it's hard to break that. <3  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Wuppa Wuppa

Beloved Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:22 pm
Br1ttana
Wuppa Wuppa

I think I understand. My mom was actually over here reading and she felt that was how my grandfather was as well. He loved Jesus, and was overall a loving man. However, if he were to see a homosexual or a black person it would just be like you. But she said, that if you were to really look down in his heart, he wouldn't hate them, it was just how he was brought up and it's hard to break that. <3
So me and your grandfather are quite alike. But it's good to relate to someone when you have troubles that are frowned upon in society. Thanks muchly though  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:23 pm
Guild MasterX2

Homophobic? Do you mean is anyone here deathly afraid of homosexuals? Because I very much doubt anyone is.

Or do you mean is anyone here uncomfortable with homosexuals? Hate them? Love them but feel they are sinning?

"Homophobic" is a really stupid term, because a phobia means someone who is so afraid they would have a panic attack around a homosexual. They could die from fear. It's ugly, because it's an exaggeration. I'm sure some people here are uncomfortable around homosexuals. I am. I also know there are some homosexuals who are uncomfortable around Christians. Does that make them Christophobic? :/  

xxEverBluexx

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:38 pm
xxEverBluexx
Guild MasterX2

Homophobic? Do you mean is anyone here deathly afraid of homosexuals? Because I very much doubt anyone is.

Or do you mean is anyone here uncomfortable with homosexuals? Hate them? Love them but feel they are sinning?

"Homophobic" is a really stupid term, because a phobia means someone who is so afraid they would have a panic attack around a homosexual. They could die from fear. It's ugly, because it's an exaggeration. I'm sure some people here are uncomfortable around homosexuals. I am. I also know there are some homosexuals who are uncomfortable around Christians. Does that make them Christophobic? :/

That last line just made me laugh for some reason. "Christophobic" >< I'm going to 'steal' that one. I might need it in the future. xD

But you are right about the term being stupid. It makes me want to know who came up with the term, just to know, Were they actually deathly afraid of homosexuals? Or were they just being a 'drama queen'? ><

To be honest, though I don't really know how to act around them sometimes. I haven't really been around any much in my life though. (Edit: I forgot that I recently found out that my doctor is lesbian. I do not love her any less in any way. <3 ) But I always try to remember that Jesus loves them. "He loved us in when we were still sinners." They are not any less human than us. We all have our temptations and sins, we need to let them know there is more than that though. We need to let them know of the freedom, peace, and love, we have in Christ Jesus. : )  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:54 pm
There is a distinct difference from liking a person and liking what they do. I care about everyone's soul and truly hope that they become saved, and if God wants me to help someone with that process, I will. I don't like what homosexuals do and don't encourage their behaviors because I find it disgusting and against God's word, but I do try my best to be nice and care for their soul. A lot of times the best way to reach those who are homosexual is not to shove the Bible down their throat or ignore them and treat them like an outcast, but to show them through the examples of how we live our lives and to show that we care about their soul. We can do all of this without giving into sinful actions they have chosen to practice.

Sometimes some of these people have been hurt by other denominations already or they have a misconception about homosexuality because they think, "Oh, I think that girl/boy/someone of the same sex is beautiful!" and then give into that behavior. I believe that we can call anyone of any sex beautiful and it won't mean that we are homosexual.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Merchant of the Devil

Wealthy Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:23 pm
Aquatic_blue
There is a distinct difference from liking a person and liking what they do. I care about everyone's soul and truly hope that they become saved, and if God wants me to help someone with that process, I will. I don't like what homosexuals do and don't encourage their behaviors because I find it disgusting and against God's word, but I do try my best to be nice and care for their soul. A lot of times the best way to reach those who are homosexual is not to shove the Bible down their throat or ignore them and treat them like an outcast, but to show them through the examples of how we live our lives and to show that we care about their soul. We can do all of this without giving into sinful actions they have chosen to practice.

Sometimes some of these people have been hurt by other denominations already or they have a misconception about homosexuality because they think, "Oh, I think that girl/boy/someone of the same sex is beautiful!" and then give into that behavior. I believe that we can call anyone of any sex beautiful and it won't mean that we are homosexual.

But you're born that way. You don't just fall into it. So that means there's really nothing you can do to "save" them. I honestly don't know what is so wrong about it :$ just my opinion..... you can't change how you were made.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:14 pm
Guild MasterX2
Aquatic_blue

But you're born that way. You don't just fall into it. So that means there's really nothing you can do to "save" them. I honestly don't know what is so wrong about it :$ just my opinion..... you can't change how you were made.

To say someone is born that way is a huge insult. It's saying that they have a genetic defect in their brain which is called a disorder by psychologist. Please think before you say such things.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Merchant of the Devil

Wealthy Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:21 pm
gothic_black_rose
Guild MasterX2
Aquatic_blue

To say someone is born that way is a huge insult. It's saying that they have a genetic defect in their brain which is called a disorder by psychologist. Please think before you say such things.

Just because I'm saying their born that way doesn't mean I'm saying their brain is defective. Your infering that which means you should think before you infer. They have different genetics. It's like eye colour.

Not exactly but still. Not a defect.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:29 pm
Guild MasterX2
Aquatic_blue

I will have to kindly disagree because the Bible mentions that being homosexual is indeed wrong. We were originally made man and woman and man was to marry woman and woman to marry man. I believe that most people that have issues with homosexuality have a choice and this type of behavior is identified when they have reasoning ability. Either way, I still care about their soul and hope and pray that they would get to know God. Also, other sins can come from homosexuality as well so it's not only homosexuality itself. That is my opinion, which can be justified with scripture in the Bible.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Merchant of the Devil

Wealthy Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:39 pm
Aquatic_blue
Guild MasterX2
Aquatic_blue

I will have to kindly disagree because the Bible mentions that being homosexual is indeed wrong. We were originally made man and woman and man was to marry woman and woman to marry man. I believe that most people that have issues with homosexuality have a choice and this type of behavior is identified when they have reasoning ability. Either way, I still care about their soul and hope and pray that they would get to know God. Also, other sins can come from homosexuality as well so it's not only homosexuality itself. That is my opinion, which can be justified with scripture in the Bible.

Being homosexual isn't an issue though.... And I know tons of people who are and do know God. There's this guy called Jesus. You might know him. He took the blame of sins upon himself so any and ALL sins will be taken away if we pray (Rhyme) so you can know God and still be gay. I seriously don't get the big deal. You love who you love.  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff