Welcome to Gaia! ::

maximum ride: the angels on the move

Back to Guilds

This is based on the series Maximum Ride by James Patterson. 

Reply Maximum Ride: the angels on the move
Your reactions...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ToriHime12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:27 pm
What was your reaction to Angel, book 7 of the Maximum Ride series?

Here is mine: Okay, I know most fans are disappointed in book 7 of Mr. Patterson's wonderful and ridiculously awesome series, i agree.
now the thing is before i read Angel, i was all like, "oh my gosh, what's gonna happen? why the heck is dylan still with the flock? what now?" and all that stuff you were probably thinking too. xd and after i read it... "WTH?" scream in Angel, there are some really unnecessary events that happen(but the comic con part, i love), you know what they are. and like angel herself, what the heck is going on with that little girl?! is she good or bad(i still think she's the good guy) but in the epilogue cliffhanger, it just doesnt make any sense. I know mr.patterson is just trying to add some suspense, i like that, but the wait it killing me! crying

And more importantly, everyone's favorite love triangle! (just getting this straight, im team FAX all the way whee ) i personally like the fact that dylan is supporting max after fang left the flock, but seriously, he is in the way, so is maya. both of the flocks team up, yet they come out empty handed! angel's missing(again) too! (i personally loved the "incident" on the plane in chapter 56) and the #1 thing in the whole book that really bothered me is the last chapter BEFORE the epilogue. after that freaking awesome battle between the doomsday group and max and the others, after all that, fang still leaves with his group! and im really surprised that he basically hands over max to dylan! i mean come on boy, i know your smarter than that!

overall, i just want to hear your opinion... (and no i didnt just join this guild just to post this, i really LOVE maximum ride, just not this book) thanks for reading my first post! and please, tell us what you think on book 7! 3nodding
AND GET READY FOR THE LAST EXCITING, MOST HEART RACING RIDE ON AUGUST 6!!! xd  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:36 pm
I was justing reading the reviews on amazon, and I have this issue of NOT getting the errors til someone tells me(or I have to read for myself).
Firstly, I love Fang's new group and the cover for the book. Yes, and the part at comic con give a sense of good reality.
I made a neutral face( neutral )to this book...not so dyanmic...Max has turned from the tough mutant to a love-sick girl(not sure if that came out how I wanted). Yeah she is still a girl but she has let her persona slip over the series,it's either that or I don't understand girls. Nothing has really been solve, it's kinda short and where is that voice(though I that didn't bother me)? Theres little action and interest to grip you.
Many have said it's the kinda the same as twilight.
I just hope that Nevermore is worth the suspense and dedication for a fan.

Also, my sister is one that doesn't care if she spoils the suspense for herself. When she was at MAX, she went ahead and read the epilogue of ANGEL. She found out that max and fang weren't together and she drop the series. For first days, she blame james patterson for breaking up her fav couple but then forgive him and blame it on the book itself. hey, that is 12 yrs old for you. Just saying.  

Gemini Witchcraft

9,425 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

xxEverBluexx
Crew

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:33 am
I think after book 4 it kinda became fanfiction for me. Some of it's really decent fanfiction, like book 5, but the last one felt ooc and random to me. Hopefully next book will be better.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:49 pm
My Reaction: JAMES PATTERSON, YOU HAVE UNTIL THE VERY LAST PAGE OF THE FINAL BOOK TO BRING MAX AND FANG BACK TOGETHER AND NEVER BREAK UP AGAIN OR I WILL PUT THE SERIES ON THE SAME SHELF AS THE TWILIGHT BOOKS. THE SHELF OF THINGS THAT WILL BE SOLD.  

yukira13

Seeker

6,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Baddicus B itch
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:55 am
Books 1-3 were amazing; I could never put them down. I even started and finished 3 in one sitting. The series could've ended there and I would've been a happy girl. But then I read 4-7, and in my mind, those books were garbage. I slammed FANG down at the end and cried in my room the whole night.

In my mind, I can see why JP would write more; either the big bad co-authors took over, he wanted to go into competition with Twilight, he's trying to publish his 5 books a year, or, in fact, he's just trolling until the end of time to test our faith. I can tell you right now, Nevermore better be one thick book, because there are too many unanswered questions.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:28 pm
KaiKashi Shion
Books 1-3 were amazing; I could never put them down. I even started and finished 3 in one sitting. The series could've ended there and I would've been a happy girl. But then I read 4-7, and in my mind, those books were garbage. I slammed FANG down at the end and cried in my room the whole night.

In my mind, I can see why JP would write more; either the big bad co-authors took over, he wanted to go into competition with Twilight, he's trying to publish his 5 books a year, or, in fact, he's just trolling until the end of time to test our faith. I can tell you right now, Nevermore better be one thick book, because there are too many unanswered questions.

Same here, after FANG, i was crying my eyes out. i HOPE Nevermore will be thick as the Harry Potter Books o.o  

ToriHime12

Baddicus B itch
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:05 pm
PureRemedy04
KaiKashi Shion

Same here, after FANG, i was crying my eyes out. i HOPE Nevermore will be thick as the Harry Potter Books o.o
I imagine it would have to be. I mean, there are so many unanswered questions..

Preview of Nevermore  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:29 pm
KaiKashi Shion
PureRemedy04
KaiKashi Shion

I imagine it would have to be. I mean, there are so many unanswered questions..

Preview of Nevermore

yeah i saw the preview too when i was at barns and noble sad to me it's a REALLY dissapointing start to the last book.  

ToriHime12

Maximum Ride: the angels on the move

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff