Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Entertainment Forum
Passion of the Christ

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Party Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:59 pm
Just watched Passion of the Christ. It was very well made.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:13 pm
Such a great movie! They did a great job! My family watches it every Easter and I bawl like a baby the whole time...

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:02 pm
I saw that movie in Theaters when it first came out. I haven't watched it again but I want to.

Glad you liked it though!

@Jesusgirl - my family watches the 10 commandments every Easter lol. My mom hasn't ever seen the passion of the Christ though because of how much it would make her bawl.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:56 pm
lol...it was a beautiful movie...and the most correct one I have ever seen....the only thing that did not fall into place throughout the entire thing is that his cloths did where not folded when he left the tomb  

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:43 pm
I think that was one of the first movies I watched in theaters.

I'm not a theater kind of person, lol.
Then they showed it one time at church during Easter.
Pretty graphic.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:48 am
The Passion of the Christ was amazingly well done! I saw it a couple years ago. I remember my Mom never wanted me or my sister to see it even though we wanted to in theaters, but one day my Dad bought a box of DVD's at a yard sale and The Passion of the Christ was in there - unopened and still in the wrapping. My sister and I decided to watch it and when I watched it. It hit me like a brick! I was watching everything fine for a while and then once Jesus starts enduring heavy duty punishment, it made me wanna cry. I tried to hold back the tears because I was embarrassed to cry in front of my sister and mom and so in bed that night, I just let it all out. That was by far one of the hardest movies to watch, but it didn't sugarcoat the details.

I also know that it's one thing to hear in church about Jesus' crucifixion before communion or through a sermon, or even a personal Bible read, and a completely different thing to actually see it on film. It never made me take Jesus' death so lightly again. I used to think, "Yeah, yeah, I know the story. I've heard it a billion times. Same thing every time." when I was younger and didn't have so much faith, but when I got older and watched The Passion of the Christ, it moved me completely and everytime I hear a sermon on how Jesus died for us or read it, I think of what was in that film and just the images in my mind can break me to tears. It's just so phenomenal that Jesus would do that for us! For sinners who probably weren't deserving of salvation, he has given the chance of Salvation! Praise the Lord! heart  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Party Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:16 pm
My daughter is 9 now and I was on the fence about her seeing it because of the content. But I explained it to her and told her what to expect as well as telling her she could cover her eyes or we could turn it off at anytime. She still wanted to see it so I was worried .I had a lot of concerns about what her reaction would be. But She only covered her eyes a couple of times and she never wanted to stop watching it. I was amazed at the impact it had on her.
She said she understood what Jesus did for us and now seems to be more involved in adult church as well as Sunday school.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:27 pm
XknightkidsX
My daughter is 9 now and I was on the fence about her seeing it because of the content. But I explained it to her and told her what to expect as well as telling her she could cover her eyes or we could turn it off at anytime. She still wanted to see it so I was worried .I had a lot of concerns about what her reaction would be. But She only covered her eyes a couple of times and she never wanted to stop watching it. I was amazed at the impact it had on her.
She said she understood what Jesus did for us and now seems to be more involved in adult church as well as Sunday school.

Wow, that's interesting that your daughter wanted to watch it and that movie does have a strong message and a strong impact. It's amazing that because of that movie criminals turned themselves and others in. It's like amazing. I know The Passion of the Christ has an amazing impact on me and made me realize it's nothing to be sugar coated and nothing to be taken lightly.

My Mom automatically said, "No." to me about seeing it and I was already like 16 or 17. Although, considering your daughter is so young, I understand the concern because the details are sometimes hard for even adults to take in.

It is totally a different thing to hear people talk about it and a totally different thing to see it on film. I think as human beings, sometimes seeing images can have more of an impact on us. I appreciate Mel Gibson spending his own time and money for that. I appreciate Mel Gibson's bravery when making films, also when he makes films about the government that they probably hate such as Conspiracy Theory.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Party Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:33 pm
Aquatic_blue
XknightkidsX

Wow, that's interesting that your daughter wanted to watch it and that movie does have a strong message and a strong impact. It's amazing that because of that movie criminals turned themselves and others in. It's like amazing. I know The Passion of the Christ has an amazing impact on me and made me realize it's nothing to be sugar coated and nothing to be taken lightly.

My Mom automatically said, "No." to me about seeing it and I was already like 16 or 17. Although, considering your daughter is so young, I understand the concern because the details are sometimes hard for even adults to take in.

It is totally a different thing to hear people talk about it and a totally different thing to see it on film. I think as human beings, sometimes seeing images can have more of an impact on us. I appreciate Mel Gibson spending his own time and money for that. I appreciate Mel Gibson's bravery when making films, also when he makes films about the government that they probably hate such as Conspiracy Theory.

I asked some older church members what they thought and they supported her seeing it. They said it was important as I thought it was too. I really was surprised about my daughters understanding.  
Entertainment Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games