Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mockingjay ~ a Hunger Games Guild

Back to Guilds

A little guild dedicated to 'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins. 

Tags: The Hunger Games, Roleplays, Books, Suzanne Collins, Fans 

Reply The Capitol.
The Hanging Tree

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aislin Schreiber

Invisible Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:00 pm
User Image
The Hangin Tree

I love this version of The Hanging Tree. It makes me cry everytime I listen to it but I love it anyways. I even taught myself how to play it on the cello. I would like to hear the thoughts of other Hunger Games fans and maybe even some other Hunger Games music if you find any. Just post it biggrin

Edit:
Sorry the guy had to take down the one with the lyrics but here's the instrumental version. Still amazing and beautiful!
The Hanging Tree  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:46 pm
This is such a beautiful song! <3

chelrose10

stunna_shade_sun_feign

5,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:51 am
MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR!!!!!!!!!!!!! stare  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:23 pm
Wow. I can't believe you taught yourself to play that on the cello.
It sounds hard, but the song is very beautiful.  

thatgirlwholaughsalot

Tipsy Fairy

10,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Prayer Circle 200

Aislin Schreiber

Invisible Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:25 am
thatgirlwholaughsalot

Actually, I only really taught myself the basics. The lyrical part is pretty much all I know, but I wish we could play it in orchestra. It would sound so beautiful.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:45 pm
Girl on Fire 12
thatgirlwholaughsalot

Actually, I only really taught myself the basics. The lyrical part is pretty much all I know, but I wish we could play it in orchestra. It would sound so beautiful.

Suggest it!
I played violin (very, very briefly... I only played violin for two years but I played clarinet for eight), and we suggested to my orchestra teacher to play music from "Carmen" with the band. It ended up being really phenomenal.  

thatgirlwholaughsalot

Tipsy Fairy

10,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Prayer Circle 200

Aislin Schreiber

Invisible Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:24 pm
thatgirlwholaughsalot
Girl on Fire 12
thatgirlwholaughsalot

Suggest it!
I played violin (very, very briefly... I only played violin for two years but I played clarinet for eight), and we suggested to my orchestra teacher to play music from "Carmen" with the band. It ended up being really phenomenal.

I've suggested songs before and our conductor/orchestra teacher is always like, "Ok, I'll look into it." but never does. He prefers the old classical music which I'm cool with but it would be nice if we did a more modern song every once in a while. Anyway, I'm not even sure if there is sheet music for it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:58 pm
Girl on Fire 12
thatgirlwholaughsalot
Girl on Fire 12
thatgirlwholaughsalot

Suggest it!

I've suggested songs before and our conductor/orchestra teacher is always like, "Ok, I'll look into it." but never does. He prefers the old classical music which I'm cool with but it would be nice if we did a more modern song every once in a while. Anyway, I'm not even sure if there is sheet music for it.

I have played flute for 3 years and each year we hav done mostly rock. we have played "We Will Rock You" "Funkytown" "Dr. Rock" "Scooby Doo" "Baby Elephant Walk (from the movie Hatari!)" and we even played the Veggies Tales theme song. I requested "Smoke On The Water" and my band teacher was like sure we can play tht! Love you! Mr. S! heart  

13 Mockingjay

Lonely Poster

7,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Aislin Schreiber

Invisible Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:30 pm
Peace_Sky1999
Girl on Fire 12
thatgirlwholaughsalot
Girl on Fire 12
thatgirlwholaughsalot

Suggest it!

I have played flute for 3 years and each year we hav done mostly rock. we have played "We Will Rock You" "Funkytown" "Dr. Rock" "Scooby Doo" "Baby Elephant Walk (from the movie Hatari!)" and we even played the Veggies Tales theme song. I requested "Smoke On The Water" and my band teacher was like sure we can play tht! Love you! Mr. S! heart

Yeah, Mr. Mo is cool but not that cool.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:52 pm
There's one version of this song sung by two girls A'capella and it's beautiful yet very creepy! You should check it out!!  

GURU29

1,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Aislin Schreiber

Invisible Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:01 pm
GURU29
There's one version of this song sung by two girls A'capella and it's beautiful yet very creepy! You should check it out!!

Sweet! Do you have a link?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:04 pm
The Hanging Tree is such a meaningful song. It tells everything about the man's life in just that one song. crying  

iiMonster_Rawr

5,450 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100

Cathy_aquasign_cancer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:28 pm
Everytime I hear this song it makes me cry. crying
They just have to put this song into Mockinjay  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:53 pm
DieInYourArms_93
Everytime I hear this song it makes me cry. crying
They just have to put this song into Mockinjay

I know! I thought that the first time I heard it. Any other version wouldn't sound right.  

Aislin Schreiber

Invisible Sweetheart

The Capitol.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces