Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D system-free One-Shot] Escape from Stardeep

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:31 pm
I'm casting for a one-shot roleplay. No real game rules, but I will be using d20 rolls to adjudicate things, The game will be set in a demiplane using the 4th edition D&D cosmology. (Yes, I'm borrowing some ideas liberally from Bruce Cordell)

The Setup: Stardeep is an interplanar prison. Criminals from across the cosmos are brought here and are kept using incredibly powerful magic. The entity in charge of Stardeep is the mysterious Cynosure, a network of golems littered throughout the dungeon that activate one at a time. Cynosure uses its power and authority to enforce the obscure code of law that has found these violators guilty. You're not sure what Cynosure's goals are, but its avatars preach at length about maintaining the cosmos and punishing those who would unravel, corrupt, or destroy the balance of the planes.

This worked surprisingly well until a terrible incident involving the prisoner Jane Doe, alias Exoris Klght'Ktarn.

The Players: I need the following roles filled. You can determine names, races, and basic characteristics of these figures within Stardeep.
The Warden: second only to Cynosure, the Warden administrates the mortal staff of the prison.
The Chief Monitor: Master of the scrying room, a facility with windows on all areas of Stardeep.
The Gatekeeper: The Walls of Stardeep are expertly warded against teleportation, gating, calling, summoning, and external communications. The Gate is the exception, the only point of entrance and exit in the demiplane.
Block Commander: One of many Block Commanders in the prison, with authority over a set of cells. This block is fated for grim things however . . .

If there is interest from more than four players, there are innumerable guards and artificers in the employ of the prison.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:47 pm
what about prisoners? Can we play them our is it just administration?  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:36 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
what about prisoners? Can we play them our is it just administration?
Just prison staff  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff