Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
In dire need of alchemy info xD

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:14 pm
▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

Hello, hello, citizens of NSTG! Koro here. When the alchemy feature first came out, I was totally excited to try it out. However, for one who has no means to afford the horrendous prices of the components, I found myself slowly straying away from the said feature.

That resulted in me still being stuck at level one *facepalm*

So help me, my fellow NSTGians! Is there any way to level up my alchemy level with these things in mind?
[1] using cheap affordable ingredients
[2] using formulas that are quick to craft (doesn't require hefty amounts of components... if any, ones with easy to obtain components)

Is there? Or must one sacrifice a dire amount of gold to rake in components needed to craft such a simple item? (TAT)

Has anyone of you been able to achieve more than level one? How did you guys do it? What formula was crafted for quick leveling?

I've been subscribed to alchemy-based threads in the guides and resources but none provided the information I wanted (TAT) Most are just lists of components, formulas, which component is needed for which formula, etc. I haven't come across a single comprehensive guide on how to quick-level in alchemy (TAT)

OTL

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:58 pm
User Image
Hey Koro did you get the Free Alchemy pack that was given out? Granted Items

It not pick up the bundle at the above link, all thats left is to get an Ocean Summer top and you have all you need for the item.

Also the 12 days of gaia items which were given out can also be used in Alchemy, you need them plus a few other items from the event which you can probably score on the MP. You alchemise ( is that a word? meh if not it is now ) them into either a Coat or an EI.

I assume that you can get most alchemy items from zOMG since thats about the only place I can think of to get them. Check out the main forums for other info as I'm sure there are plenty of help threads about. Hope this info helped! :3
~Stupidity killed the cat. Curiosity was framed~User Image

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:47 pm
All's I know is not to ever try to bring back the dead. It will only create a homunculus and is not worth it in the long run. Besides which, the cost of exchange is very high for a human life, and you are looking for inexpensive methods. It will make you an infamous alchemist quite fast though... dunno if that's similar to high level. wink

Yes, I learned most of this from watching Full Metal Alchemist. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:27 pm
I've not gotten into it myself much because the stats are daunting:

How many formulas do you need to complete to level-up?

From level 1 to 2 it takes 10 level 1 formulas.
From level 2 to 3 it takes 10 level 2 formulas or 20 level 1 formulas.
From level 3 to 4 it takes 10 level 3 formulas or 40 level 2 formulas.
From level 4 to 5 it takes 10 level 4 formulas or 40 level 3 formulas.
Etc.

Of course any combination is possible too.
Example:
From level 3 to 4 [you can use] 5 level 3 formulas and 20 level 2 formulas.  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:42 pm
▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

I has feedback! xD

@kimmy>
Yup. Received and crafted mine and got the Aspiring Alchemist item. Then looted a bundle each from my mules, traded them to me and crafted again to gain a couple more Aspiring Alchemists to sell xP Should I continue to do so until I crafted around 10 Aspiring Alchemist to achieve level 2?* (O_o) I'm running out of free summer ocean tops since I used them as donation items for the xmas event sweatdrop

**is referring to Joy's stat thingy**

For the 12 Days of Gaia thingy, I'm aiming for the coat and lacks the pine needles for that xD Those listed in the MP aren't helping. Lol. Their price are causing my eyes to sore xD Too bad I'm not into zOMG now since I hardly have time to play (TAT) So that's a no for me in terms of gaining components there.

I've looked around but I still cannot find that particular heaven-sent sort of thread that I'm looking for xD~

@ned>
Lol xD But but... creating homunculus-es sounds so funnnn~!! emotion_kirakira

@joy>
So that's the basic leveling chart? This will prove to be a handy reference =D Thank you!
I'll try to work up slowly since crafting level 1 items aren't that easy as well with the components priced at unreasonable amounts (TAT)

Which is why I was hoping for any suggestions on which formula would grant me the cheapest and easiest way to level up (TAT)

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff