Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Now That I'm In, Will Someone Teach Me?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bodyline shop girl

Shoujo Scout

25,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:33 am
I saw this guild and my eyes lit up. Seriously.
I've been looking for about a year IRL for someone to help me learn D&D, but I've had no such luck. D:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:00 am
I just responded in the Token Guild Introduction Thread. I, or someone else, can teach you; it's a question of what you want to be taught at this point smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

bodyline shop girl

Shoujo Scout

25,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:24 am
Rain Yupa
I just responded in the Token Guild Introduction Thread. I, or someone else, can teach you; it's a question of what you want to be taught at this point smile

I read the post, and 3rd edition sounds most interesting to me. c:  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:59 am
Okay then. I've seen people come through here with various definitions of "new". What do you already know, for starters?

Also, a useful site for you to use is this one: http://www.d20srd.org/

That will provide you with all the core rules and stats and mechanics to play the game! Something you can easily reference if someone starts helping you out smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

bodyline shop girl

Shoujo Scout

25,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:51 pm
Rain Yupa
Okay then. I've seen people come through here with various definitions of "new". What do you already know, for starters?

Also, a useful site for you to use is this one: http://www.d20srd.org/

That will provide you with all the core rules and stats and mechanics to play the game! Something you can easily reference if someone starts helping you out smile

Um, new as in I know what the DM does, and I know the class types... and that's about it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:28 pm
Well that's a very definite step in the right direction (although I'd personally suggest using Pathfinder rules system over D&D due simplicity on some matters. They're each essentially the same. Personally, I believe that playing is the best way to learn so... let's start you in a game, shall we?

Peruse the first page of the Guild here (preferably a thread that hasn't been inactive for a week+) and find a game that interests you. If nothing, I or someone could assemble a quick one-shot. From there we'd teach you the rules of the game, along with character creation and get you rolling ^.^

Also, welcome!  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers