Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Joining a RP Question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lovelymoontide

3,900 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:21 pm
I've been on several rps in my past online experience but I've always somehow been able to join them right when they started. But I have joined a roleplay guild and have wanted to join other rps that are very active but I'm unsure how to join them without seeming rude or out of place because I don't know the story line well because some of them have been active for a few weeks and some for year. Does anyone have any good tips or resources that will help let me understand this better?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:37 pm
You're a newcomer joining a group of people whom you just met. Your role-playing should reflect that. Your story should be as a new acquaintance, then it should not matter that you do not know your companion's histories and past. You will learn these things as you go along, just like meeting new people in real life.  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

lovelymoontide

3,900 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:50 am
Ned-san
You're a newcomer joining a group of people whom you just met. Your role-playing should reflect that. Your story should be as a new acquaintance, then it should not matter that you do not know your companion's histories and past. You will learn these things as you go along, just like meeting new people in real life.

Thank you so much, that does make it a little simpler to understand how to get in a guild that already seem to have a tight family in themselves.  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games