Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Henshin Imperium

Back to Guilds

Where the worlds of Power Rangers and Tokusastu (Sentai and Kamen Rider) collide. 

Tags: Role Playing, Kamen Rider, Sentai, Henshin, Tokusatsu 

Reply Imperium HQ
Those Other Toku: Toku that you've never heard of or seen!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are there Toku series you've never heard of?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
A Few
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Nope, I have seen them all!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Brand Suncircle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:17 am
Hey guys!

I wanted to make a thread about Toku that you may have never seen before, or even heard of, or frankly never even knew existed! There are quite a few on this list that are very hard to come by as far as subbed episodes, raw episodes online, or even any footage at all online whatsoever!

I will start off with one that frankly has me confused to hell:

User Image

SFX FANTASY RAYFORCE - According to the info, this is a Korean Toku series produced by MMORPG developer T3 Entertainment. According to the info I found, and the Wiki on it, it was slated for broadcast of 26 episodes back in 2010. However, the only footage online that has ever been seen was a promo that showed on up Youtube in late 2009.

I have a feeling that the show just fell through the cracks or they didn't have the budget for the full show and ended up cancelling it before it even shot the first episode, which is sad because from the promo, it looked amazing!

(Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SF_X_Fantasy_Rayforce )
(Promo: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySbJeLwU6Vs )

User Image

Zaido: Pulis Pangkalawakan - A Philippine Metal Heroes series that was a spin off of the Shaider series. Toei worked as producer of the show, but from what I of seen (both video and costume wise) it looks pretty low budget, even for a Toei produced show. I don't know much about the series, other than it's supposed to take place 20 years after Shaider.

(Info - http://henshingrid.blogspot.com/2010/09/zaido-filipino-spin-off-to-shaider.html )

User Image

Madan Senki Ryukendo - Now this series I have yet to watch in full, but of the videos I have seen on Youtube, and watching the first episode, it's long the same lines as Tomica Rescue Heroes (actually the crew of Ryukendo has a cameo at the very end of the Tomica Rescue Heroes Movie). I guess you could consider them in the genre of Armor Heroes.

(Video - Opening Song with Clips from the show - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eMvOpQqn-I )
(Video - End of Ryukendo AMV [contains spoilers] - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpHijq9PzdE0 )
(Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madan_Senki_Ryukendo )

Well, those are some of my top picks for little known about Toku. Feel free to post your own that you know about, have seen, or would like to see if anyone knows more about the ones you may be looking for!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:20 am
Oh, just a little addition: I don't know if any of your guys follow people from Reviewtopia, but EZ Rider put out a great video of his Top 10 Metal Heroes series, and there were a few in there I never even knew existed until I saw his video.

Check it out if you want: http://reviewtopia.net/anime/ez-rider/toku-time/2101-toku-time-top-10-metal-hero-series-of-all-time-  

Brand Suncircle

Blackwing Flare the Sun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:33 am
To be honest, I never even heard of The Space Sheriff series until I saw the promo trailer for Gokaiger V/s Gavan. But to be fair, I guess Toei needed something to do with already having done Gokaiger V/s Goseiger the previous summer. Why they didn't do a Gokaiger V/s Kamen Rider Fourze crossover movie is beyond me. neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:28 am
Blackwing Flare the Sun
To be honest, I never even heard of The Space Sheriff series until I saw the promo trailer for Gokaiger V/s Gavan. But to be fair, I guess Toei needed something to do with already having done Gokaiger V/s Goseiger the previous summer. Why they didn't do a Gokaiger V/s Kamen Rider Fourze crossover movie is beyond me. neutral

A little off-topic, but your wish may be granted: http://www.jefusion.com/2011/12/kamen-rider-vs-super-sentai-super-hero.html

News of a possible Sentai VS Kamen Rider film/filmset is possibly being talked about. The Super Hero Taisen Movie would premiere in the spring. The actors who played Kamen Rider New Den-O, Owner, Naomi, Momotaros, and Kamen Rider Decade and Di-End have been confirmed as well. As well as Capt. Marvelous.  

Brand Suncircle

Mr Jes
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:48 pm
I've actually had the pleasure to watch all of Ryukendo and someday would like to see a sequel to it if there's ever one. Its plot and story elements aren't bad and once you get into it, its actually very fun to watch. Took me about three days marathoning it.

Contributing to the discussion, there's GARO an interesting Tokusatsu series that I have yet to watch.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:51 pm
Ah yes, GARO. At first I tried to watch the first series of it, but found it extremely hard to get into (probably because it was a little dated). But I have been watching GARO Makai Senkei and wow, I love it! I would highly suggest this series to Toku fans, as well as maybe the Japanese horror film fans out there as well.  

Brand Suncircle

Mr Jes
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:02 pm
I'm an avid fan of both, so I will.

Though, if I may be so bold, other then the other Tokusatsu mentioned previously what others are out there? I'm somewhat familiar with the Metal Heroes and maybe Godzilla, but that's about where my knowledge ends.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:26 pm
Mr Jes

Though, if I may be so bold, other then the other Tokusatsu mentioned previously what others are out there? I'm somewhat familiar with the Metal Heroes and maybe Godzilla, but that's about where my knowledge ends.

Well, one other is the Armor Heroes. They are more of a Chinese made genre, though I would kinda throw Ryukendo into the Armor Heroes category.  

Brand Suncircle

Mr Jes
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:14 pm
Shade NightWolf
Mr Jes

Well, one other is the Armor Heroes. They are more of a Chinese made genre, though I would kinda throw Ryukendo into the Armor Heroes category.
I think I've seen the Armor Heroes before. Not actual episodes, just the transformation sequences and a few first fights.

What makes you say that? Similar designs and concepts?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:16 pm
Mr Jes
Shade NightWolf
Mr Jes

I think I've seen the Armor Heroes before. Not actual episodes, just the transformation sequences and a few first fights.

What makes you say that? Similar designs and concepts?

Yeah, because they really don't fit the Metal Heroes category, nor the Rescue Heroes category either (though they do make a cameo in the end of the Rescue Heroes movie).  

Brand Suncircle

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:16 pm
The links don't work from the first post.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:59 am
Nadira
The links don't work from the first post.

I fixed the problem. They should work for you now.

Garo was a great series, one I really enjoyed watching start to finish. Ryukendo had a really good run too. Was disappointed a sequel was never made and they went with rescue hero type shows instead.  

Itami
Vice Captain

Celestial Sentai

Imperium HQ

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas