Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
My roomate is my father

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anyone else with family/roomate issues?
  yes
  no
View Results

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Party Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:28 am
Ok so I share a place with my dad and my family and we split bills down the middle. To be honest my dad is not that old and I am in my mid 20's.I have been praying for patience and understanding but to put it frankly my father is driving me nuts. We buy food seperate and I often come home to find my food almost gone.It upsets me because I have a family of my own to feed. Also he will not pick up after himself. I have talked to him about this before and he still does it. And he does not respect boundaries either for example I was sitting in my room on the computer and he comes in and asks for a screw driver. Before I could say anything he starts searching my desk and moving around my stuff.
I have found out recently that it is possible for me to afford the apartment on my own but Im debating if its the right thing to ask him to move out. The stress is killing me and he crossed the line when I had my grandfather(my moms dad) over and he invited company over without saying anything. What was worse was is friend was clearly drunk(my dad was not by the way) I tried to explain how that was embarrassing to me and he acted like it wasn't that big of a deal. I need to be patient and try to be understanding but its so hard when your not getting back what you put out. I've been praying and trying to talk to him about this and I know Im supposed to honer my father. But what do you do when you act like the parent?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:02 pm
You can only do so much.

I know what you mean by honoring your father, but I think you could love and respect him more if you didn't live with him.

Whether it's you or him moving out, I think someone has to.

Just tell him. You love him but need your space.

Offer to go with him to look at new apartments/houses, help him move his things, make sure he knows you will be visiting, call him a few times a week ect.

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Party Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:25 pm
Well thats just it, my name is on the lease so he can move out with no complications. I agree that we would get along better if we were not living together. I also worry about him because he has poor decision making skills. So much so that I handle his money.(he is on SSI and Im his payee.)  
Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games