Rica is thinking of doing a Let's Play! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this a awesome idea?
  Yes.
  Yes, of course.
  Who is this Rica and why does she sound awesome?
View Results

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:05 pm

As some of you already know I've toyed with the idea of starting a Let's Play before, and some of you have seen my failed attempts at a Minecraft Let's Play that are still lurking on my Youtube channel. Since then I gave up on the idea....

Until now. I realized I could use the collection of emulated games on my computer for Let's Play purposes! I have CamStudio and Fraps prepared, as well as Emulators for most older game systems (PlayStation and older). On top of that I have many computer games I can record as well. SO I figure, why not take advantage of this?

So first off here's a link to my Youtube Channel, some of my older and pointless videos were removed.

Secondly, I'd like some ideas. I'm not entirely sure yet what I'm going to be recording and what games to record. That's where my wonderful fellow ATGers come in. Give me ideas! biggrin Throw some suggestions of what you'd like to see Let's Played by me. I'll keep a list and I reserve the right to refuse to let's play anything, since I already know some particular games will be suggested that will scare me and I won't get through as a result.

EDIT: All games are maybes until I'm sure that they can run with Camstudio or Fraps. Will place * next to the for sure ones.

Games List:
Portal (You guys probably saw this coming)*
Minecraft
Terraria
Jamestown
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Touhou Project (Which ones in particular do you want?)
Cave Story+

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:49 pm
I prefer horror type games for viewing. Hmm... I dunno about Portal unless you do a speedrun.

I wouldn't mind watching some sick platforming.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:02 pm
User Image
Silly is you in a natural state,
and serious is something you have to do
until you can get silly again

I just don't want to start something that I know very well I won't finish. I always just get too scared to continue onward.

I would do a Minecraft Let's Play but I don't know if I can...I might be able to pull off a Terraria one too. Portal's just a start since it's a short game that I'm familiar with and enjoy extremely.

( ゚ヮ゚)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:12 pm
You can do Jamestown. 8D  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:42 pm

This is true and everyone can watch me fail at something I should, in all logic, be good at because Touhou. xD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:04 am
After Portal, don't forget Zombies Ate My Neighbors. biggrin

Do you have a mic, too? Some peeps do the commentary.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

124-C

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:10 pm
Blind runs are generally more entertaining. And snarkiness is good.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:01 pm
Pro runs are kewl, too. Especially with certain games. I'm looking at you Jamestown and Super Meat Boy! D:<  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:20 pm
I would never watch a super meat boy Let's Play, because I have an intense hatred for that game, but damn my completionist nature and not stopping until I acquire everything >_<

I vote for Cave Story ( + , or whatever you want to do ) , Touhou, and maybe some Link's Awakening on the old GB. Actually, any Zelda game would be fun to watch biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:41 am
How can you hate something so fun? D:  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Phaeton

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:01 am
I vote for ZAMN. Otherwise, at least pick something obscure that doesn't have >9000 LPs already posted.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:08 pm
User Image
Silly is you in a natural state,
and serious is something you have to do
until you can get silly again

@Jaft- I do have a mic as proven but my first video. xD I'm just a little too quiet in comparison to GLaDOS. As for the whole Pro vs Blind thing, admittedly I prefer Blind runs, but I hear it's better to start off with what you know.

@Tsuji- I'll definitely have to work on my snark don't I? :3

@Pannycake- I'll probably do Cave Story+ (Was mulling over the idea), Touhou is good though I'd never win because I always lose even on normal, so if I DO, do that, I'd only finish using continues. Bad ending FTL.

Zelda games would be great, I was considering doing the Minish Cap, Ocarina of Time, or Majora's Mask.

Phaeton- Yeah, that's why I'm not doing any Super Mario Bros. or any new releases. And I know Minecraft has over 9000 LPs already but I do love that game and it's one of the few that every LP is different. Same with Terraria. So I can't feel bad. <3

@Everyone- I'm really glad I'm actually getting responses here. :3 This is great! It's giving me plenty of ideas for future work. I might have to look into editing to help improve my videos. (Unless I find someone who'd willingly do it for me, for no payment because I'm completely broke.)

( ゚ヮ゚)

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:52 pm
If you have an emulator for handheld consoles I would like to see you run a LP of Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap. I played part of it and it's so much fun.

Edit: I just now read your above comment and realize how silly I must seem. X3

I also think that Blind runs are more fun because of unexpected fails ^_^ But that's mainly because I can make fun of myself. if I had a better computer I would do a LP of Minecraft in an instant because of my OCD ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:30 pm
I second Minish Cap. I loved that game. And Touhou! DO IT.  

Celestial Burden

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:34 am
Hahaha, she's gonna be a be a busy bee. 8D  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items