Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Clouded Skies [3.5e] (1/6, Seeking Players!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:59 am
[ Character Sheets ]

[ Foreword ]

First and foremost, I'm new to DMing (this is my first time to be exact), but not new to role playing or the d20 system. For this game, I want to restrict the books to what is available to everyone, The Hypertext D20 SRD. It has all of the core rules, along with a bit of extra. Also, seeing as we are online, its pretty relevant to the medium.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

Welcome to the Pluvua, the land of Monsoons. In this accursed place, the people never see the sun through the thick thunderclouds constantly bellowing overhead, and the torrents of rain that fall all day and all night.

The land of Pluvua is split by steep cliffs and valleys forged by thousands of years of rushing streams. In these deep crevasses are foggy bogs and deathly wetlands, at the top are lush rain forests and overgrown bushland. Paralel cliffsides are often connected by ancient vine and wood bridges, held together by the recent growth more than the original bridge.

Deep in these forests, one will find creatures larger, more exotic, and deadlier than anywhere else in the world. Insects are known to grow to monstrous sizes, and magical beasts are reportedly common. Vicious tribes of various sentient species call the dense forests their home as well.

Some of these plateaus are cleared off of vegetation completely, and replaced by massive wood and stone cities, all covered by a gargantuan wooden umbrella. The cities often have top and a bottom sides. The topside of a city is everything built above ground, with wood and stone bricks. The bottom side are carefully dug tunnels and burrows with deliberate flowing water passages to prevent flooding of any kind.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

You've lived in Pluvua your entire life, specifically in the city of Toneme. While you may all have lived in the same city, you come from all walks of life. Some of you may come from the top end of the city, where you can see the impressive jungles from the safe distance of your balcony. Others of you may be living at the dangerous edges of the city, where only a few barricades lay between your home and the vicious forests beyond. Perhaps you've lived in the undercity, where the air is heavy, musty, and generally lacking in freshness.

No matter your origin, you're respective training has brought you to your final test for your profession. The guilds of the city have noted your intent to adventure, and have decided to test the lot of you all at once. Before your adventure can begin, you must prove to your masters that you have what it takes to quest into the dangerous lands of Pluvua.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Hypertext d20 SRD. If you seriously want something different, find the infor about it on the web and show me.

Oh, and Myth-weavers is a good place for doing Character Sheets.
Banned Resources: Everything that isn't the above.

ECL: Level 1 Characters
Gold: 200 gold
Ability Scores: 30 Point Stat Buy
Alignments: Any
Pantheon: Core Deities
Backgrounds: Your characters have lived in the city of Toneme for most of your lives. Your parents could have traveled there with you at a young age, or you were born in raised there.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:00 pm
.:Open for Business:.

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:07 pm
InuVash255

Any restriction on race choices?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:13 pm
InsaneKatKing475
InuVash255

Any restriction on race choices?

I'd prefer from the core set, but if you can link me to the stats for the race you want, and it doesn't clash too hard, I have no objections.  

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:17 pm
InuVash255
I'd prefer from the core set, but if you can link me to the stats for the race you want, and it doesn't clash too hard, I have no objections.

Psionics allowed?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:21 pm
InsaneKatKing475
InuVash255

Psionics allowed?

I don't see why not  

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:28 pm
InuVash255
I don't see why not

Just commenting, 25 point buy is a little low for 3.5 considering that in point buy for 3.5 all stats start at 8 instead of the pathfinders 10.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:39 pm
InsaneKatKing475
InuVash255
I don't see why not

Just commenting, 25 point buy is a little low for 3.5 considering that in point buy for 3.5 all stats start at 8 instead of the pathfinders 10.

I was actually debating about considering a higher one... I think I'll bump it up to 30  

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:44 pm
InuVash255
InsaneKatKing475
InuVash255
I don't see why not

I was actually debating about considering a higher one... I think I'll bump it up to 30

that is much appreciated.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:48 pm
InsaneKatKing475
InuVash255
InsaneKatKing475
InuVash255
I don't see why not

that is much appreciated.

no problemo :3  

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:10 pm
InuVash255

Max health or roll it?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:15 pm
InsaneKatKing475
InuVash255

Max health or roll it?

Max  

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:37 pm
InuVash255
InsaneKatKing475
InuVash255

Max health or roll it?

Max

traits or flaws?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:51 pm
InsaneKatKing475
InuVash255
InsaneKatKing475
InuVash255

Max health or roll it?

Max

traits or flaws?

I'm going to say no, but i'm the type who would give XP for good roleplaying when I see it  

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers