Submit

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:46 pm
Furystorm sails again!

Due to popular demand, I'm bringing back my FuryStorm RP. I'm cleaning it up and trying to add a decent plot to it. Also, Captain Trout doesn't exist. At all.

CANCELLED

Plot
Piracy, the seas are full of it. Whether it’s from simple men trying to make the most out of a bad situation or rumours of a supernatural nature, everyone seems to be getting in on the act. Most pirates fade into obscurity, but some manage to leave their mark; for good or for bad. Legends of long lost treasure hordes circulate constantly, everyone claims to know someone who knew someone who got close to the treasure.

Captain Bilespit’s treasure is the most talked about; some claim he had a map to the fountain of youth, others claim he knew the path to Valhalla. Some just believe he had maps to all the other legendary hordes. Bilespit’s legacy of terror on the high seas stretches for 30 years, and even now sailors claim to see his galleon, the Predator’s Glory.

The RP
This is a turn based RP, meaning that I will make a post to initiate each turn. You are then allowed ONE post that turn in which to play your character. This obviously means that we're not gonna have a quick-fire RP session with lots of one or two line posts. You get one post per turn, make it count.

The usual RP rules apply, so I'm not going to mention them. You know how to behave yourselves.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:48 pm
Characters:

PM your characters to me and I'll get them added in. A Tektek avatar is not necessary, but it would help to complete the deal. Add a bit of a character description and you're all set. It doesn't need to be an essay, just something to set your character up with.

Captain Heri “Bilespit” Emarkin - Played by Bass
Heri Emarkin, also known as Captain Bilespit, is one of the most feared pirates on or off the sea. No one has seen him and lived to tell the tale. His ship, The Predator’s Glory, is a massive galleon, armed to the teeth. It is said that the figurehead of the ship is a magical artefact that can incinerate vessels that Bilespit wishes to simply vanish.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Captain Tamus Absaran - Played by Bass
When Tamus’ father died, Morgan Absaran had bequeathed his ship, The Furystorm, to Tamus in the hopes that he could complete his father’s quest of finding Bilespit’s treasure. Morgan had found several cryptic clues that should point the way to Bilespit’s treasure, but had never been able to figure them out, only ever the order that they needed to be deciphered in.  

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:16 pm
Turn 1
Tamus stared across Hollowhill harbour at his new ship. Or, should he say, his old ship. The Furystorm had belonged to his father, and his father before him. The ship was old but it was still as sturdy as the day it was launched. Every step towards the ship down the quayside brought back another memory of his father in command of this magnificent vessel. He stepped onto the rampway and paused, this was his ship now, but the old crew had deserted long ago. He could look around it to his heart’s content, but actually getting it onto the seas was another matter entirely.

“Well dad, looks like it’s time to replace the bones.” Tamus’ father, Morgan Absaran, had always called the crew ‘bones’ to show how much he respected them. Without bones, a body cannot move, and without a crew, a ship is empty. Tamus looked across the deck; it was absolutely spotless and completely barren. There were no supplies left on the ship, he would have to start from scratch. At least he had a ship, so he wasn’t starting from complete zero.

He retired himself to the Hangman’s Tavern and selected his favourite seat next to the bookcase, selected himself a tankard of the finest ale and began writing his poster. After several torn up sheets and more curses than any one human should know, he finally presented himself with a finished article.

CREW NEEDED – THE FURYSTORM SAILS AGAIN

I present to you an opportunity:
I have a ship and I need a crew. If you find yourself willing to join, you will find yourself embarking upon a great quest with a sturdy ship beneath you. The Furystorm sails out in search of treasure, honour and the dying wishes of an old sea-dog. I have in my possession clues to the whereabouts of Bilespit’s treasure; if you join me you will gain equal shares in the spoils, whatever they may be.

If you are willing and able, find me by the bookcase.
- Tamus Absaran

Tamus smiled, tacked the poster up by the bar and ordered himself another tankard of ale.  
RP/Game

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games