Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guys Who Like Guys! [Guys Only.]

Back to Guilds

Here at GWLG we pride ourselves in our ability to find friendly friends of the same orientation. Note: Boys only! 

Tags: Boys, Guys, Bisexual, Homosexual, Love 

Reply Discussion
long distance realtionships

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

djredtron

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:59 pm
so i know many people are in these and i just wonder how u do it. im only 16 and never dated but i couldnt image not being able to see my boo whenever i wanted  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:21 pm

╒═══════════╡╞═══════════╕

Ʌτεʀɪsĸ Ϻεɴøs IDAʟø

╘═══════════╡╞═══════════╛

It's very difficult. Not gonna lie. It takes patience, and realism. If they are not a reasonable distance away to where they can travel and come see you then in my not so humble opinion they aren't worth it as the odds of seeing them is highly diminished.

Although all this new technology makes things a lot easier, you can skype and you can chat and text and whatnot and keep in contact, but on the flip-side of this issue, you must always keep in mind that whom they appear to be may not always be who they really are. Its is excessively easy to lie on the internet and be someone you are not.

So yeah there's my two cents~

Aterisk Menos Idalo

Dapper Phantom

djredtron

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:16 pm
Aterisk Menos Idalo

╒═══════════╡╞═══════════╕

Ʌτεʀɪsĸ Ϻεɴøs IDAʟø

╘═══════════╡╞═══════════╛

It's very difficult. Not gonna lie. It takes patience, and realism. If they are not a reasonable distance away to where they can travel and come see you then in my not so humble opinion they aren't worth it as the odds of seeing them is highly diminished.

Although all this new technology makes things a lot easier, you can skype and you can chat and text and whatnot and keep in contact, but on the flip-side of this issue, you must always keep in mind that whom they appear to be may not always be who they really are. Its is excessively easy to lie on the internet and be someone you are not.

So yeah there's my two cents~

your two cents are highly valued and are going to the piggy bank  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:24 am
I suppose I might be one of the luckier ones.

I may have a long distance relationship soon, but the guy I like lives 3 hours away so it's not as bad as most. However, while it does mean I'd be able to see him a little more often, it's really not often enough. At the very most, we'd only get to see each other once a month and only during the non-winter months.

It takes a lot of dedication and willpower to retain a long distance relationship. But if you truly love someone, you can do it.  

Anime Master ZERO

The 20th Doctor

5,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:54 am
I think if two people have complete trust and understanding in eachother that a long distance relationship can work.

I for example was in a year and a half long relationship with a guy from Poland. We actually met on Gaia.

The emails and skyping were intense and romantic, because when you take the physical closeness out of the picture you have to show those feelings through words.

We never met in person. We broke up and are still friends today. He was starting college and I was taking off in my career so since we couldnt give eachother the time and attention we needed, we decided to end the relationship.

Another LD relationship that I was in was with a boy from New York. We talked for a few months online and the phone, finally I went on vacation with my parents to New York and we met in secret (i wasnt out yet) and had our first irl date, and since we already knew so much about eachother, it wasnt awkward meeting for the first time, and we just enjoyed meeting every day for a week.

You will have all the same problems as any close relationship. I said something stupid, he got mad, and we broke up.

I myself really enjoy long distance relationships. You really get to know the person in and out. With todays technology you can see them at least on camera whenever you want.

Hope you enjoyed my story... and the minimal advise i put in there LOL  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:38 pm
Well, I don't know if you are in a long distance relationship or not, but my experience with them has been luke warm at best.

My last boyfriend and I had a very warm and intimate relationship, but it pretty much ended when I moved away for work.

Granted, my work involves me being out in the woods, and away from skype and cell reception. So that may have been to the detriment of our relationship.

Regardless, personally I prefer the intimacy of a flesh and blood relationship. I can't consider myself as being with someone unless we share something more than just conversation. I want "intimacy" and a foreseeable future as far as living together and establishing a home.

Needless to say, I'm still single, if that means anything to you. Take it all into consideration, best wishes.  

Karushi El Pinko

5,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

Derailing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:23 pm
You definitely need patience, honesty, and COMMUNICATION for long distance relationships (LDRs)! I've only been in two relationships in my entire life. Both of which were LDRs. The first was a joke. However, the second one was when I first fell in love deeply & quickly. In the end, I was hurt due to poor communication. The physical aspect of seeing them was easily satisfied by webcam chatting. Now, I plan to stay away from LDRs since it's just way too much hard work without any guarantee that you'll ever meet them.  
Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games