Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
Haven't You Guys Realized...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:38 am
yum_strawberry

That Cassandra Clare has only made sister/brother relationships?

As in Alec & Isabelle, Jace & Clary, Simon & His sister who I don't really know, Luke & (I forgot her name...), Clary & Sebastian/Jonathan?

I know having brother and sister characters makes it sound more interesting, but it's kind of strange... (To me) How she only made brother/sister relationships.

It makes me jealous because I've always wanted a brother but I only have a sister. (Not that she's not good enough PSSH. xD)

yum_strawberry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:27 pm
Well Jace and Alec are brothers(adoptive, but still brothers. There's more to siblings than blood). And there are also a pair of brothers in ID. And Alec and Max are(were) bothers.  

netherfreak
Captain

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 pm
netherfreak
Well Jace and Alec are brothers(adoptive, but still brothers. There's more to siblings than blood). And there are also a pair of brothers in ID. And Alec and Max are(were) bothers.

Yeah I considered that, but the Alec and max part, they still had Isabelle. I'm just wondering why the majority of her character relationships are brother/sister. >w<  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:19 pm
netherfreak

Haha I was re-reading this an I had just finished the 2 ID books that are out.
GIDEON AND GABRIEL~!!!♥ TE AMO~!

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Glitch EiS

Dapper Informer

4,900 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:46 am
Azn_Expo_Marker
yum_strawberry

That Cassandra Clare has only made sister/brother relationships?

As in Alec & Isabelle, Jace & Clary, Simon & His sister who I don't really know, Luke & (I forgot her name...), Clary & Sebastian/Jonathan?

I know having brother and sister characters makes it sound more interesting, but it's kind of strange... (To me) How she only made brother/sister relationships.

It makes me jealous because I've always wanted a brother but I only have a sister. (Not that she's not good enough PSSH. xD)

yum_strawberry

i believe that simons sisters name is Rachael. And i don know that Luke's sister is Amatis.

But i do see your point. Even in our mirp, their's Prim and Proper and Gaven and Antoinette and Akahana and her brother!!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:16 am
naturerage

i believe that simons sisters name is Rachael. And i don know that Luke's sister is Amatis.

But i do see your point. Even in our mirp, their's Prim and Proper and Gaven and Antoinette and Akahana and her brother!!
Ah yeah, I know that Luke's sister is Amatis and I'm still not sure about Simon's sister, but Racheal's good too. xD
AND OMG. I guess brother & sister combos are more interesting. I seriously want a brother. >w<'''

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100

thatgirlwholaughsalot

Tipsy Fairy

10,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:06 pm
Azn_Expo_Marker
naturerage

Ah yeah, I know that Luke's sister is Amatis and I'm still not sure about Simon's sister, but Racheal's good too. xD
AND OMG. I guess brother & sister combos are more interesting. I seriously want a brother. >w<'''

You bring up a very good point. I also haven't seen a single sister/sister relationship in her books.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:21 pm
User Image
Haha, and I have a sister....
But I want a brother as well, extremely badly! T-T
And I'm really sad because I could've had an older brother too. :C

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Mortal Instruments Guild