Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guys Who Like Guys! [Guys Only.]

Back to Guilds

Here at GWLG we pride ourselves in our ability to find friendly friends of the same orientation. Note: Boys only! 

Tags: Boys, Guys, Bisexual, Homosexual, Love 

Reply Discussion
Which do you think is better...?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luminairus

Moonlight Prophet

6,900 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:36 pm
Answer this question with your own opinion and in your own words, please. Which is better innovation or imagination and why?

in·no·va·tion/ˌinəˈvāSHən/
Noun:
1) The action or process of innovating.
2) A new method, idea, product, etc: "technological innovations".

im·ag·i·na·tion/iˌmajəˈnāSHən/
Noun:
1) The faculty or action of forming new ideas, or images or concepts of
external objects not present to the senses: "a vivid imagination".
2) The ability of the mind to be creative or resourceful.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:12 pm
I would have to say imagination. The world wouldnt be how it is today with out peoples imagination. If Newton didnt have imagined why the apple fell down and not up, the laws of physics would probably be different. Not sure if this helps but yea thats my opinion.  

FuzzyMexiPanda

Fashionable Vampire

2,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Aterisk Menos Idalo

Dapper Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:14 pm

╒═══════════╡╞═══════════╕

Ʌτεʀɪsĸ Ϻεɴøs IDAʟø

╘═══════════╡╞═══════════╛

I would probably have to say innovation. Imagination is worthless when it cant be used to make progress, where as innovation is useful as it progresses something.
But also I would have to say they kind of go hand in hand, as you can't be innovative without thinking outside the box and being imaginative.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:57 pm
Aterisk Menos Idalo

╒═══════════╡╞═══════════╕

Ʌτεʀɪsĸ Ϻεɴøs IDAʟø

╘═══════════╡╞═══════════╛

I would probably have to say innovation. Imagination is worthless when it cant be used to make progress, where as innovation is useful as it progresses something.
But also I would have to say they kind of go hand in hand, as you can't be innovative without thinking outside the box and being imaginative.

I would agree with that statement that imagination and innovation go hand in hand. but-and i'm not trying to call you out or anything-i would say that imagination is better (though i also believe its hard to say which is "better" in reality) since you can't really innovate without imagination. And, imagination is important for all kinds of artistic, expressionistic things that don't really seem to have a concrete purpose but can bring ppl joy and hope and other things that don't necessarily contribute to the progress of humanity.  

MetaManticore

Ecchi Bodypillow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:06 pm
The well-being of society depends on an equal balance of the two.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:53 pm
Ecchi Bodypillow
The well-being of society depends on an equal balance of the two.
oooh. me gusta 4laugh  

MetaManticore

Renkon Root

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:21 pm

They're both on almost equal footing with me.

But I'm gonna have to say innovation is slightly 'better'. Imagination is good and important and without it there would be no innovations, but innovations are what drives technology and society forward. You can be the most imaginative person in the world, but that don't mean diddly if you don't APPLY that imagination.

Innovation is imagination-application.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:24 pm
I think the distinction is silly considering that innovation doesn't exist without imagination.  

Karushi El Pinko

5,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

Renkon Root

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:37 pm
Karushi El Pinko
I think the distinction is silly considering that innovation doesn't exist without imagination.

If you're gonna say that then you might as well also say that science, art, literature, exploration, etc. without imagination. While its true innovation wouldn't occur without imagination, I'd still say this discussion has merit. Its basically debating the difference between thoughts and actions.

Imagination = Thought
Innovation = Actions

As I said in my previous post, imagination is important but it doesn't amount to anything if you don't act on or make anything of your imaginings.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:44 pm
Renkon Root
Karushi El Pinko

If you're gonna say that then you might as well also say that science, art, literature, exploration, etc. without imagination. While its true innovation wouldn't occur without imagination, I'd still say this discussion has merit. Its basically debating the difference between thoughts and actions.

Imagination = Thought
Innovation = Actions

As I said in my previous post, imagination is important but it doesn't amount to anything if you don't act on or make anything of your imaginings.
well, that distinction was never made by the original poster. But I can also just as easily say that your answer, which is wise and has merit, ultimately avoids the idea of the question which is to choose one or the other.

and if it is between thought and action I choose action, thought affects only one persons world, action influences everyone's world. I can always escape to my own world, but to influence the real world around you is to survive and thrive. Your dreams alone do not feed, cloth, and shelter you.  

Karushi El Pinko

5,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

Renkon Root

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:51 pm
Karushi El Pinko
Renkon Root
Karushi El Pinko

Imagination = Thought
Innovation = Actions

well, that distinction was never made by the original poster. But I can also just as easily say that your answer, which is wise and has merit, ultimately avoids the idea of the question which is to choose one or the other.

But that would make the question paradoxical because you cannot have one without the other. (Of course, maybe that was the OP's intent. We'll just have to wait until he gets back to find out.)

Quote:
and if it is between thought and action I choose action, thought affects only one persons world, action influences everyone's world. I can always escape to my own world, but to influence the real world around you is to survive and thrive. Your dreams alone do not feed, cloth, and shelter you.

I agree. ^^

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:53 pm
Renkon Root
Karushi El Pinko
Renkon Root
Karushi El Pinko

Imagination = Thought
Innovation = Actions

But that would make the question paradoxical because you cannot have one without the other. (Of course, maybe that was the OP's intent. We'll just have to wait until he gets back to find out.)

Which is exactly why I said it was a silly!

Karushi El Pinko

5,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

Your sinful desire

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:21 pm
They are both equally needed for any advancements in methods or technology today. You can't have innovations without imagination. And innovations cause us to wander deeper into our imaginations. "If we can do this..then can't we go further and..?"  
Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games