Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mockingjay ~ a Hunger Games Guild

Back to Guilds

A little guild dedicated to 'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins. 

Tags: The Hunger Games, Roleplays, Books, Suzanne Collins, Fans 

Reply The Capitol.
Letter to Suzanne Collins

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which book was your favorite?
The Hunger Games
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Catching Fire
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Mockingjay
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Gregor the Overlander
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Prophecy of Bane or Curse of the Warmbloods
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Marks of Secret or Code of Claw
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

127devany127

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:41 pm
I really want to write a letter to Suzanne Collins. But I'm at a loss for words! It's a combination of writer's block and speechlessness of her writing-awesomeness.
I know I want to ask her some questions about the book (like that question of whose hovercraft it was) and also praise for the book, excitement for the movie, etc.
I'm also going to add praise for Gregor the Overlander, so if you have read those books, please give me some feedback on what I should say!
So if you have something to comment, please do! i need to know what to write! smile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:01 pm
I've actually never read her other series, but I've been thinking about it since I enjoyed HG so much!

As for you letter, umm, just speak from the heart! Praise and compliments are always nice. Maybe try making a list of all the things you wanna say first, and then trying to write them into a letter.

l3roken5oul

127devany127

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:10 am
That's a good idea, thanks!
And you should read her other series; its a bit more science-fictiony than Hg, but it is also less depressing! They've been my favorite books since the fifth grade! (like 7 years ago!)  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:30 am
127devany127
I really want to write a letter to Suzanne Collins. But I'm at a loss for words! It's a combination of writer's block and speechlessness of her writing-awesomeness.
I know I want to ask her some questions about the book (like that question of whose hovercraft it was) and also praise for the book, excitement for the movie, etc.
I'm also going to add praise for Gregor the Overlander, so if you have read those books, please give me some feedback on what I should say!
So if you have something to comment, please do! i need to know what to write! smile

Ask her hovercraft it was, What Katniss's mom's name is (for some reason not knowing bugs me), and possibly a further explaination to the Hanging Tree.  

13 Mockingjay

Lonely Poster

7,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100

abiru

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:40 am
Just speaking as a writer meself, I suggest trying to keep it enthusiastic and grammar appropriate without derailing into the crazed fan-rant that tends to not only be incoherent but also a little annoying. I enjoyed Collins' work, and I hope to meet her some day to ask her my questions in person. Perhaps you should go to a writer's convention to meet her? I personally think that would be the best way to get your answers up front (though you will have to physically compete with her other fans in the process). Good luck!  
The Capitol.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games