Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lesbians of all ages

Back to Guilds

A place for lesbians to hang out and chat. 

Tags: lesbians, helpful, all ages, single, roleplaying 

Reply Lesbians/Bisexuals/Gays
LGBT in fiction books Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saffron Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:07 pm
So.. I'm wondering if anyone has come across this, but I might just be looking in the wrong places.

Anyway, I've started to notice a trend in books related to LGBT fiction where the books about the guys are of struggles to come out to the person they love, their family, etc, etc, etc, but for the lesbian side of the LGBT fictional book section, its stories about Mrs. SoandSo having a "day out" with the neighbor's daughter, or something along those lines. It seems that while the fictional gay men are seen as having a struggle with their closet, the fictional gay women are just becoming bored with their husbands and experimenting with some random chick, which really bothers me. It seems as if lesbians aren't exactly accepted in the written world, or as if the struggles aren't just as difficult.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Do any of you read LBGT fiction, or do you prefer yuri/yaoi manga/anime?
Read anything good lately?

I'm legitimately curious about this.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:55 pm

I haven't really noticed that, but then again, I only have started reading lesbian novels near the end of last school year/summer ish time.

Oh, there are 2 lesbian fiction novels that I really like.

1. Annie on my Mind
2. Keeping you a Secret.

They both are great lesbian romance teenish novels. I'm sure you'll love them too. Online there are a lot of reviews on these books, that's how I got into reading them. And I'll read them many times again.

xLadyxUntitledx

NutteSax

Greedy Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:15 pm
I've noticed it too, but there is always a trend to things. As my mom says, there is no such thing as originality.
I like Ash which has nothing to do with a fling of two women. Instead its a clever twist of Cinderella. Its short but I love it and Im looking for the prequel.
As for yuri.. I think my favorite anime would be El Cazador de la Bruja (anyone noticed yuri has a way of ending sadly? thats why I like El Cazador, its happy ^^) and as for manga I like Shitsurakuen. Really well thought through, great art and awesome butt kicking altogether.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:04 pm
xLadyxUntitledx

I haven't really noticed that, but then again, I only have started reading lesbian novels near the end of last school year/summer ish time.

Oh, there are 2 lesbian fiction novels that I really like.

1. Annie on my Mind
2. Keeping you a Secret.

They both are great lesbian romance teenish novels. I'm sure you'll love them too. Online there are a lot of reviews on these books, that's how I got into reading them. And I'll read them many times again.

Sounds awesome, I'll see if I can find them.
Thanks!
I found that trend on Barnes and Noble, which is the only bookstore I can buy from at the moment. So I went through the different titles and I was like WTF.  

Saffron Bunny

Saffron Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:06 pm
Mr 357
I've noticed it too, but there is always a trend to things. As my mom says, there is no such thing as originality.
I like Ash which has nothing to do with a fling of two women. Instead its a clever twist of Cinderella. Its short but I love it and Im looking for the prequel.
As for yuri.. I think my favorite anime would be El Cazador de la Bruja (anyone noticed yuri has a way of ending sadly? thats why I like El Cazador, its happy ^^) and as for manga I like Shitsurakuen. Really well thought through, great art and awesome butt kicking altogether.

That's true.
A Cinderella twist? Sounds interesting XD
Yea, alot of yuri ends badly. It's really depressing, but I've noticed the shorter yuri mangas tend to end happy ^~^
Wewt!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:24 pm
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357

That's true.
Yea, alot of yuri ends badly. It's really depressing, but I've noticed the shorter yuri mangas tend to end happy ^~^
Wewt!

Yup. Have you seen Blue Drop? That anime almost made me cry crying Not fun, and it moved along really slow  

NutteSax

Greedy Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Saffron Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:27 pm
Mr 357
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357

That's true.
Wewt!

Yup. Have you seen Blue Drop? That anime almost made me cry crying Not fun, and it moved along really slow

I started watching it, but I couldn't finish it. X X
I still absolutely love Strawberry Panic! though  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:29 pm
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357

That's true.
Wewt!

Yesh! kinda weird since they're in elementary school.. (or did i just get a horrible scan?)
lol its weird that my girlfriend (who's 1 cool has never heard of it. actually, she's kinda oblivious to the wonderful yuri world out there.. looks like i've got some work to do xd  

NutteSax

Greedy Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Saffron Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:32 pm
Mr 357
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357

That's true.
Wewt!

Yesh! kinda weird since they're in elementary school.. (or did i just get a horrible scan?)
lol its weird that my girlfriend (who's 1 cool has never heard of it. actually, she's kinda oblivious to the wonderful yuri world out there.. looks like i've got some work to do xd

I'm pretty sure they're in elementary school o.o
That's funny, because my girlfriend is the same way (but she's 20 o.o). Must teach her XD  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:36 pm
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357

That's true.
Wewt!

That's funny, because my girlfriend is the same way (but she's 20 o.o). Must teach her XD

Daaaaamn and Shizuma's boobs are nicer than mine. Guess thats anime for ya lol And lets get all the older lesbians/bisexuals/etc and bring them to the yuri! Hehehe..  

NutteSax

Greedy Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Saffron Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:39 pm
Mr 357
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357

Daaaaamn and Shizuma's boobs are nicer than mine. Guess thats anime for ya lol And lets get all the older lesbians/bisexuals/etc and bring them to the yuri! Hehehe..

Yay fanservice o.o
We shall kidnap them to a yuri/yaoi con XDDD  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:42 pm
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357

Yay fanservice o.o

..yaoi makes my stomach turn (i reaaaally dont like dudes that way).
side note: everyone reading this go help me and bash these homophobes' heads in!
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/i-like-threads-that-make-fun-of-lesbians/t.73973323/?_gaia_t_=3934  

NutteSax

Greedy Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Saffron Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:47 pm
Mr 357
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357

Yay fanservice o.o

side note: everyone reading this go help me and bash these homophobes' heads in!
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/i-like-threads-that-make-fun-of-lesbians/t.73973323/?_gaia_t_=3934

Same here, but I don't think that they have just yuri cons. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:49 pm
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357

Yay fanservice o.o

hmm... *thinks* we shall invent one!  

NutteSax

Greedy Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Saffron Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:49 pm
Mr 357
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357
Saffron Bunny
Mr 357

Yay fanservice o.o

hmm... *thinks* we shall invent one!

Yush!  
Lesbians/Bisexuals/Gays

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out