Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
New game, looking for interest Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:24 am
Alright, so when I was first introduced to Tabletop Gaming, I started with a much less known game... it's called Deadlands. Now, there are a couple variations on Deadlands, but my favorite has proven to be Weird West, the original. This game takes place in late 1800's US, in an alternate timeline to ours. It includes undead, werewolves, steampunk, demons, magicians, and all sorts of other stuff. I think it's a great game, albiet a little tricky to do on here, but I think I can pull it off. Would anyone be interested?

Alright, interest seems to be high enough to start accepting sheets!
[ Character Sheets ]

• 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]
  • 5]

[ Premise/Foreword ]
The west is in a state of near chaos, with all of the strange happenin's goin' on! The dead are risin', there's this confangled 'New Science" all over the place, not to mention all the strange critters out there... So, what are you gonna do about it, punk?

[ Character Creation ]
Standard, by the book. I trust you with your card draws, and feel free to PM me with any questions! And if you draw Jokers, let me know... I'll be drawin' for those...

Available Sources: Any Deadlands books you can get your hands on!
Banned Resources: None!

Money: Standard, check the book
Backgrounds: No starting Harrowed!

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] What Marshall says, goes! As soon as I have the sub-forum set up, certain important tables will be put up. But don't worry about that until then!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:28 am
me!!!!!!!!!!!1 me me me me me me me me me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 biggrin biggrin biggrin  

The Graverobber Max

5,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:31 am
The Graverobber Max
me!!!!!!!!!!!1 me me me me me me me me me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 biggrin biggrin biggrin

XD Okay, I can help you build yours personally!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:58 am
Personally, Ilike anything with undead and I really like to expand my knowledge of tabletop games, i would like to play this game because it has undead and demons and magic and stuff as well as steam punk technology, so count me in!, where can i find PDF's of the books by the way.  

SilverAnubis

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:02 am
If I get an explanation of what it is, I'm probably going to be interested.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:12 am
http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/lordmcdeathcastle/DeadlandsPlayersGuide.pdf
Here is a copy of the core rulebook, the rest you'll probably have to find for yourselves!  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:14 am
Vampfighter1
If I get an explanation of what it is, I'm probably going to be interested.

I posted a link to the core book, that will explain things a lot better than I can! XD  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:15 am
RafeRavel
Here is a copy of the core rulebook, the rest you'll probably have to find for yourselves!

sweet, now for an explanation plz?  

SilverAnubis

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:21 am
SilverAnubis
RafeRavel

sweet, now for an explanation plz?

The book explains it a lot better than me, but Deadlands is in North America, in the countries of the USA and the CSA. Why both? The dead started walking at the battle of Gettysburg, and the war continued after that. CSA won, and became their own country. Now there are all sorts of crazy, arcane things all over, including the Blessed, the Hucksters, Indian Shamans, Mad Scientists, and much more. You may also encounter the Legendary Whatley Family, Werewolves, Vampires, Outlaws, Martial artists... the list is huge. It's a really fun system, based on more realistic characters. Anyone who loves the old west will enjoy this.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:20 pm
Though I'm not so much interested in this game/setting ("wild west" and "steampunk" really aren't my things), I really support and endorse people in this guild running non-D&D games, so thank you smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:55 pm
i've never played the original deadlands, but i have plaed deadlands reloaded. by my understanding, playing cards play an even bigger part in the original than they do in the savage worlds based reloaded, how would you handle that on the forum?

Rain Yupa
Though I'm not so much interested in this game/setting ("wild west" and "steampunk" really aren't my things), I really support and endorse people in this guild running non-D&D games, so thank you smile
you could support my non-D&D game. maybe? User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:16 pm
SporkMaster5000
i've never played the original deadlands, but i have plaed deadlands reloaded. by my understanding, playing cards play an even bigger part in the original than they do in the savage worlds based reloaded, how would you handle that on the forum?

Rain Yupa
And I'd be happy to support your game!

I'm going to handle the cards and the chips using the Random Number roll for both, using a table that I will be posting. smile  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:20 pm
SporkMaster5000

Rain Yupa

The one that is like, 50-hojillion genres in one? I've played Rifts, so no thanks lol  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:51 pm
Rain Yupa
SporkMaster5000

Rain Yupa

The one that is like, 50-hojillion genres in one? I've played Rifts, so no thanks lol
pfft. whatever, hater. talk2hand  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:44 pm
So, is this game gonna happen? I have two people working on sheets right now, I'd prefer to have a third person if possible. I'm gonna be getting a Sub Forum up and running ASAP. So come on, take a trip to the Weird West!  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff